Go Back   British Expats / Working Abroad / Working Abroad by Profession / Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations

Old Oct 1st 2017, 11:09 pm   #16
Forum Regular

sarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single UK Adult nurse wanting to move to USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1990 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I'm sure you've been asked this a thousand times but I'm just looking for some advice. I've gone through youtube and the internet for help on becoming a nurse in the USA but there is very limited information out there!

I'm 27, Single, live in the UK and have 5 years post-qualifying experience in med/surg adult nursing with a BSc 2:1 degree in Adult Nursing.

I'm looking to move to Cali, or Florida ideally but beggers can't be choosers! It's always been a passion of mine and at uni we completed "EU packs" which covered theoretical practice in paed, mental health & midwifery.

I've looked at Peyton o'grady and some others but I've heard mixed reviews!! I guess I'd need to sit my NCLEX but I'm not sure the next steps after passing that (If I pass, it looks really hard!!)

If the USA is too much of a long shot I'd consider Canada too, if it's any easier.

thanks for any help

JD
Hi JD1990, I’m living in Texas moved over in May as Christmasommpa said we had a very stressful time of it, but we are now settled and enjoying the experience. If you are interested in relocating to the USA I suggest you contact O’Grady Peyton who will advise you on how to immigrate to the USA. TBH OGP have been fine apart from the hiccoup prior to leaving the UK, here in the USA they are very proactive and supportive. I would certainly recommend them. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. If you decide on starting the process expect a 18 month timeline until you land in the USA.
I140 approved September 12 2015. Fees paid to NVC in Jan 2016, DS260 completed sent to NVC with supporting documents Feb 2016.Job offer accepted Dec 2016 start work June 12th at United Regional in Wichita Falls.
sarasota chic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Working Abroad / Working Abroad by Profession / Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations