RMN and criteria 8 AHPRA

Old Mar 20th 2014, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

skwalsh1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RMN and criteria 8 AHPRA

HI,
Can anyone help? since the new changes with AHPRA and the new model are UK RMNs still able to register? I am worried about criteria 8 and how this can be evidenced as we did not cover or get assessed on pharmokinetics. We did however cover medication management, does anyone know if criteria 8 is going to be a problem for RMNs? or has any RMN registered since the new model came into play?
Thanks in advance
Sarah
Old Mar 21st 2014, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RMN and criteria 8 AHPRA

Hi Sarah,

I am in the same situation so dont really know how im going to get round it. Ive recently completed a course in psychopharmacology but if i dont pass then i have no idea. Is there anything course wise that you could go on before you register?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 9:21 am
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I've just received an email (this morning) from AHPRA stating that all my documents are in order and that my qualification is now being reviewed for its equivalence to the AQF.

The school of nursing sent me a copy of my transcript - I've had a look through it and reference is made to medication management, drug calculations, meds administration routes and pharmacology. I'm hoping that as it says pharmacology this will be sufficient to meet the criteria.

I'll keep you posted.

Shaun
Old Mar 21st 2014, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by picto1
Hi all

I've just received an email (this morning) from AHPRA stating that all my documents are in order and that my qualification is now being reviewed for its equivalence to the AQF.

The school of nursing sent me a copy of my transcript - I've had a look through it and reference is made to medication management, drug calculations, meds administration routes and pharmacology. I'm hoping that as it says pharmacology this will be sufficient to meet the criteria.

I'll keep you posted.

Shaun
Hi Shaun,

On your degree/diploma cert it has a transcript of the topics covered, i was intending to have this certified and sent off, would that not cover it or do they want something specifically sent from the uni?

Thanks
Yvette
Old Mar 21st 2014, 9:41 am
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
Hi Shaun,

On your degree/diploma cert it has a transcript of the topics covered, i was intending to have this certified and sent off, would that not cover it or do they want something specifically sent from the uni?

Thanks
Yvette
Hi Yvette

My certificate is just that - there is no reference to anything else.

The transcript highlights all lectures/topics covered in the course - it shows medication management as a Unit covering quite a bit (I don't remember doing much of it)

Does that help?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by picto1
Hi Yvette

My certificate is just that - there is no reference to anything else.

The transcript highlights all lectures/topics covered in the course - it shows medication management as a Unit covering quite a bit (I don't remember doing much of it)

Does that help?
Yes thats great thanks. I have the cert but i also have copies of the topics covered which (although i havent checked yet) should make reference to meds management.

Thanks again
Yvette