Relocation Packages?

Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light
Default Relocation Packages?

I have been doing some homework and hospitals and it seems that some Ozzy hospitals offer UK nurses a relocation package. Is this the norm? What hospitals offer this? Any Nurses out there get offered one and is there any catches?

JOHN
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Tapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really nice
Default Re: Relocation Packages?

Just bumped you up, am interested as well.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tapuhi
Just bumped you up, am interested as well.
look on POI site, there's a few replies on nusing thread
Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Tapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really nice

Excuse me being thick - I know its sunday morning but what is POI?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tapuhi
Excuse me being thick - I know its sunday morning but what is POI?
Sorry, you're not being thick.
www.*************
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr luvpants
I have been doing some homework and hospitals and it seems that some Ozzy hospitals offer UK nurses a relocation package. Is this the norm? What hospitals offer this? Any Nurses out there get offered one and is there any catches?

JOHN

Hi John,

It appears to usually be the public hospitals who offer this (in my experience). The usual catch is that you have to stay in the job for two years otherwise you have to pay a portion of the money back.

Hope this clarifies things.

Kat xx
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:51 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Some hospitals will offer relocations (Private too), some won't, it's really depends on the hospital and the need of the Nurse. It's worth asking the question though.

In my experience, generally, the hosptial (Private) will expection you to pay for flights, but once here in Australia, they will assist. For example, a deposit for a rental.

I have heard that some public mental health hospitals (Perth) were looking at offering a 10k relocations scheme, however that was a year or so ago and I'm a bit out of touch.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

Queensland Health do. I had $3000 and as far as Im aware there were no conditions. They either find you accomodation on arrival or give it you back in a lump sum once you start work with them.
I think it may be pro rata depending on how many hours you will be working and each hospital has their own package depending on how desperate they are for staff.
You have to be careful with the bigger offers because they start you on a lower base salary ....prob to recoup the money.
We took the $3000 and started on a level 7 pay....... so winners all round !!!
Have a look on the websites and read the small print but don't be put off xx

Alison xx
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Caddy the cat lover
Queensland Health do. I had $3000 and as far as Im aware there were no conditions. They either find you accomodation on arrival or give it you back in a lump sum once you start work with them.
I think it may be pro rata depending on how many hours you will be working and each hospital has their own package depending on how desperate they are for staff.
You have to be careful with the bigger offers because they start you on a lower base salary ....prob to recoup the money.
We took the $3000 and started on a level 7 pay....... so winners all round !!!
Have a look on the websites and read the small print but don't be put off xx

Alison xx
So what hospital did you go to?

JOHN
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr luvpants
So what hospital did you go to?

JOHN
Ipswich General hospital. I work in maternity and hubby works in the medical assessment unit. So far so good. Ipswich is a great place to live. It used to have a 'poor mans' reputation but was recently voted as 1 of the most desirable places to live. Houses and schools are soooooo much cheaper than Brisbane and yet you are only an hour to the Gold Coast and 40 mins to Brisbane CBD.
Alison xx
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I work for QH in Cairns. The package was 2 weeks accom on arrival & $3000 which is paid in intervals after 6, 12 & 18 months. If you leave before that time, obviously you won't get it.