References for AHPRA ( oh and How I notorised my certs)

Old Feb 22nd 2014, 8:28 am
Just Joined

jeffy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default References for AHPRA ( oh and How I notorised my certs)

Hello everyone

do I need printed out references for AHPRA or will they contact the nominated referees on my C.V.?
I don't want to tell my boss yet as it could be while before I get a job and I don't want any negative vibes at work

also if anyone has trouble getting things notorised, I called my local court house (Sheffield) and they arranged a time for me to come in. They took a one off payment of £20 for up to 20 docs although the lady said they'd do a few more if I needed... hope this helps
Old Mar 17th 2014, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

mdhillug03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: References for AHPRA ( oh and How I notorised my certs)

when you say court house, was this the magistrates court
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jeffy,
Ah thats great advice about the certifying as Im just about to try and find somewhere, Im in Liverpool so will have a look at local courts.

Im not sure if they will contact your references prior to being registered, you could state "available upon request" on your cv?
Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
Hi Jeffy,
Ah thats great advice about the certifying as Im just about to try and find somewhere, Im in Liverpool so will have a look at local courts.

Im not sure if they will contact your references prior to being registered, you could state "available upon request" on your cv?
I used to live in Huyton and only live up the road in Manchester now, Could you let me know what court you have success with and how much. I'm not having any joy here.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mdhillug03
I used to live in Huyton and only live up the road in Manchester now, Could you let me know what court you have success with and how much. I'm not having any joy here.
I tried a couple of local courts who said they don't do it, we need a notary of the public so they told me to go to a solicitor instead. I've found a guy on the Wirral who seemed to know exactly what I needed and quoted me £100 for all documents (about 10 in total) which isn't too bad I guess. Best bet would be to google notary of the public Manchester and just fire a few emails/calls to see what the score is. If you can get a cheaper quote let me know.

Yvette 👍
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

I tried a couple of local courts who said they don't do it, we need a notary of the public so they told me to go to a solicitor instead. I've found a guy on the Wirral who seemed to know exactly what I needed and quoted me £100 for all documents (about 10 in total) which isn't too bad I guess. Best bet would be to google notary of the public Manchester and just fire a few emails/calls to see what the score is. If you can get a cheaper quote let me know.

Yvette 👍
hi, thanks for your email. i googled the notary society and found local people who could do it best quote i have got is 150 worst 300. But i am aware some have used courts and paid minimal amounts
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Ask your local Magistrates Court x
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

hi, thanks for your email. i googled the notary society and found local people who could do it best quote i have got is 150 worst 300. But i am aware some have used courts and paid minimal amounts
Yeah its seem that in Sheffield the court will do it for £20 but us north westerners arent having the same luck!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Ask your HR department if your hospital employs anybody who is a JP @YvetteCamille
Old Mar 21st 2014, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by genorm
Ask your HR department if your hospital employs anybody who is a JP @YvetteCamille
Didn't think of that thank you! Genorm which AHPRA locality should I be sneding my documents to?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Darwin office is currently quickest.

Didn't think of that thank you! Genorm which AHPRA locality should I be sneding my documents to?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by genorm
Darwin office is currently quickest.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 21st 2014, 9:30 am
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I had my documents signed by a Notary Public. He charged a flat fee of £60 for upto 10 documents and then £10 for each thereafter.

I sent the minimum required evidence needed as per the application form plus a few more that evidenced my name and DOB.

Shaun