Readmission to the UK NMC register

Old Jan 24th 2017, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Hannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really nice
Default Readmission to the UK NMC register

Hello,
I am a nurse who trained and qualified in the Uk and came to work in France in 2002 as my French husband took on a job here. I have decided to move back to the Uk and am currently going through the readmission process to be back on the NMC register as i let my registration lapse in 2005. Just wondering if there are any other nurses out there who have been through readmission to the register after working overseas and can tell me roughly how long this process lasts before i can hope to be reregistred?
I have so far filled in and submitted the online form whereby i had to declare how many hours i have worked in the last 3 years and how many hours of CPD i have completed. The NMC have sent me 3 reference forms "Declaration of good health and good character" where one has to be completed by an NMC nurse registered on the same part as the register that i am reapplying for. So that is being completed by a nurse friend in the UK who i trained with and have always stayed in contact with. It has to be someone who has known me for at least a year and who i have been in contact with within the last 6 months. So i hope the NMC accepts nurse friends completing the reference as she is the only one who i am still in contact with! The 2nd form has to be completed by the nursing regulatory board in France (equivalent to the NMC) which they will complete and send off to the NMC at the end of this week. The 3rd form has to be completed by my employer which has already been done and sent off last week. They say that once they have received all the forms it takes about 2 months for them to assess my application. I would just like to know if that's it now or will the NMC ask me for anything else? I really hope to be reregistered by April time as i would like to move back to the Uk in July and will need a job straight away. Any one else experienced the readmission process after working overseas? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Readmission to the UK NMC register

I expect that they have asked for everything. Assuming the verification of good standing and references are all ok I really cannot see you having any other delays