Radiographer considering move to Australia

Old Mar 15th 2017, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

xraygal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Radiographer considering move to Australia

I was just hoping that someone could advise me on where to start and what to do. I've looked at visa's but should I transfer my skills over before I apply for a Visa. How long does it take to transfer skills over? Is it better to use an agency or should I just contact the hospitals directly?

Sorry about all the questions. But no one that I know has done this before so I have no idea where to start. I'm super grateful for any advice you can offer me.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 11:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radiographer considering move to Australia

Originally Posted by xraygal
I was just hoping that someone could advise me on where to start and what to do. I've looked at visa's but should I transfer my skills over before I apply for a Visa. How long does it take to transfer skills over? Is it better to use an agency or should I just contact the hospitals directly?

Sorry about all the questions. But no one that I know has done this before so I have no idea where to start. I'm super grateful for any advice you can offer me.
First things first. Do you qualify for a visa?.Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection is where you start. Look at the SOL/CSOL to see if your skill is on the lists. If yes then you get your skills assessment done,.submit an expression of interest and wait to get invited to apply for a visa.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 12:12 am
Just Joined

xraygal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
First things first. Do you qualify for a visa?.Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection is where you start. Look at the SOL/CSOL to see if your skill is on the lists. If yes then you get your skills assessment done,.submit an expression of interest and wait to get invited to apply for a visa.
Thank you. Yes I do qualify, Radiography is on the lists I was just looking at the EOI and I have a question about something on the form. With the Selected visa Types, is that what visa you want to apply for or is it for if you have already applied or have an offer of sponsorship? Sorry if that's a stupid question but I want to make sure it's right!
Old Mar 16th 2017, 7:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xraygal
Thank you. Yes I do qualify, Radiography is on the lists I was just looking at the EOI and I have a question about something on the form. With the Selected visa Types, is that what visa you want to apply for or is it for if you have already applied or have an offer of sponsorship? Sorry if that's a stupid question but I want to make sure it's right!
What visa you want to apply for. But before you put in the EOI you have to do the skills assessment and the IELTS (if you need the points or if it's part of the skill assessment).