Australia vs Canada looking to relocate from the UK.

Old Jul 21st 2017, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

vixmony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia vs Canada looking to relocate from the UK.

I am a UK registered mental health nurse and social worker and wandering which country between the 2 above is best to migrate to with a family. I am more interested in comparisons around pay scales and general day to day cost of living thanks.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 6:08 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia vs Canada looking to relocate from the UK.

Do you qualify for a visa to either?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Am assuming I would as am British. How do I check for eligibility please?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 6:54 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Probably in the same places that you were told about in this post
http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...please-671742/
Old Jul 21st 2017, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Probably in the same places that you were told about in this post
http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...please-671742/
Oh thanks that was years ago, is that link still valid?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Only a few provinces recognize RMN but you should be able to check out pay by checking out the Nursing union collective bargaining agreement for the facility or hospital you hope to work in. Getting registered is a long process
Old Jul 21st 2017, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

So have gone on this link http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil

Registered my name under skillsselect. Apparently this will link me with employers as I have no sponsor is this right? Also have decided Australia as my destination thanks.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 9:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vixmony
Am assuming I would as am British. How do I check for eligibility please?
Being British has no bearing whatsoever I'm afraid. Your age, education level, work experience, and net worth are the things most countries look at, not your nationality.

If you've decided on Oz, then the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Oz immigration section of the forum where the good folks there will help you work out your visa eligibility.

Once you know you would be able to move there, you can then ask about cost of living etc in the main Oz forum.

Best of luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 21st 2017 at 9:48 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Being British has no bearing whatsoever I'm afraid. Your age, education level, work experience, and net worth are the things most countries look at, not your nationality.

If you've decided on Oz, then the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Oz immigration section of the forum where the good folks there will help you work out your visa eligibility.

Once you know you would be able to move there, you can then ask about cost of living etc in the main Oz forum.

Best of luck.
Hi thanks which one should I post in for Australia please?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 11:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vixmony
Hi thanks which one should I post in for Australia please?
Start here, and ask about checking your eligibility based on qualifications, experience, and age. Without a solid basis for your eligibility based on work, you can't even get to the visa process.