NZ route to APHRA

Old Mar 23rd 2017, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ route to APHRA

No, I am on a 457 at the moment
Old Apr 10th 2017, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

rebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam13
Sorry one last question, have any of you completed an EOI for 189 PR visa with NZ nursing registration?

Just been looking at the EOI form and it asks what qualification I have. I know that for APHRA purposes, if the NCNZ reg is approved then my Diploma will be seen as degree equivalent but not sure how it works for visa/EOI purposes?
Hi,

Just wondering if you figured this out?
I am currently also in the process of gaining registration in NZ but my husband thinks he may be able to gain more work as an electrician out in Aus. I'm not really sure what to put on the EOI and I'm wondering if I still need an assessment from ANMAC prior to submitting the EOI. Just wondering what you have done?!
Old Apr 27th 2017, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Sam13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rebecca1986
Hi,

Just wondering if you figured this out?
I am currently also in the process of gaining registration in NZ but my husband thinks he may be able to gain more work as an electrician out in Aus. I'm not really sure what to put on the EOI and I'm wondering if I still need an assessment from ANMAC prior to submitting the EOI. Just wondering what you have done?!

Hi, sorry I have been on holiday in NZ and not checked my emails much (bliss!) I haven't managed to find out the answer to my question about what to put on the EOI, I am struggling with whether to put degree or diploma and no one seems to know- I've just posted on another forum that I have not used before to see if anyone can help me on there.

If you have got NCNZ reg approved, and got your physical APC sent to you, then you can apply for a modified ANMAC, its a different form to the usual ANMAC, once that is approved I believe you can submit both your EOI and APHRA TTMR forms (ATMR-40) bear in mind that APHRA is apparently pretty much a given with the TTMR, it could come through fairly quick and then you only have your 3 months to present in person) Here are the links I have -

https://www.anmac.org.au/skilled-mig...ssessment-form
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia - Forms

How far along on your NZ reg are you? I'm just waiting for NMC bits to appear on the tracker - shock!!
Old Apr 27th 2017, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sam

Hope you had a good holiday....in reference to above put that you have a level 7 qualification... INZ states that you are excerpt from a full nzqa assessment because you have registered with the nursing board (or at least when your registration comes through) therefore you have been ax by them as having a level 7 qualification., I've been told this is the same for ttm as they see that NZNC have already assessed you. If your putting in your EOI before your registration then you will have to apply for an nzqa mini assesment
Old Jun 21st 2017, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam
did you sort out the whole qualification conundrum? im having a crisis of confidence about whether I need the NZQA ax or not
Old Jun 21st 2017, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Hey @inkedneonurse, are you still going to NZ? We had to change our plans to go to Oz instead so I know answers for Oz EOI but can't help with NZ one sorry! Still waiting in my NCNZ reg though lol, it's only taken since end of Jan.... 😣
Old Jun 21st 2017, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Hi Sam
did you sort out the whole qualification conundrum? im having a crisis of confidence about whether I need the NZQA ax or not
If you are going to Oz, then I found out the answers from a fab fb page (Uk nurses applying for APHRA and Anmac) and they said to put "Bachelor degree-other" if you already have positive ANMAC result, as ANMAC will have deemed you to be degree equivalent. (Apparently your paper copy of your Letter of Determination will specify what they have deemed your diploma to be equiv to)

Last edited by Sam13; Jun 21st 2017 at 10:10 am.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

rebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam13
If you are going to Oz, then I found out the answers from a fab fb page (Uk nurses applying for APHRA and Anmac) and they said to put "Bachelor degree-other" if you already have positive ANMAC result, as ANMAC will have deemed you to be degree equivalent. (Apparently your paper copy of your Letter of Determination will specify what they have deemed your diploma to be equiv to)
Hey Sam,

How are things, just wondering where things are up to with you?
I finally got NZ registration a couple of weeks ago, I started collecting all the info in May last year, it took so so so long!

Where are things upto with your Oz application? We are just about to apply for Oz too, I'm unsure whether to get in touch with ANMAC first or do the EOI? WHat did you guys do?
Old Mar 28th 2018, 7:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebecca1986
Hey Sam,

How are things, just wondering where things are up to with you?
I finally got NZ registration a couple of weeks ago, I started collecting all the info in May last year, it took so so so long!

Where are things upto with your Oz application? We are just about to apply for Oz too, I'm unsure whether to get in touch with ANMAC first or do the EOI? WHat did you guys do?
You need a valid skills assessment in order to lodge an EOI.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that insight Pollyanna, much appreciated

Still interested in how the process is going for Sam!
Old Jun 28th 2018, 8:48 am
Just Joined

M luvs Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I’ve got a new query. I work in UK. I’ve jus been registered with NZ, hoping to transfer to ahpra later, as I can’t to Oz jus to complete reg. Now I want to do the Modified skills assessment with ANMAC but their form says ‘Does yo name appear on the register’. My name doesn’t appear on the register even if I’m registered as I don’t hv a practising cert. So do I need to apply for a practising certificate?

thanks in advance
Old Jun 28th 2018, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Yes, you need to get your APC as ANMAC require a copy of it
Old Dec 18th 2018, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys,
i’m registered with NZ and currently waiting for sponsorship and 189 invite. My question is: if I apply for TTMR withAHPRA, will I be required to present within 3months to verify identity? The agency who I registered with to help with a sponsorship told me this is not required if registered with NZ! Anyone does this before?
Old Dec 18th 2018, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi!
yes, if you are registered in NZ and apply to AHPRA via the TTMR route then you do not need to present!

I don’t know if you have Facebook but there is a group on there called UK registered nursing applying for AHPRA, it’s a really helpful group! You can do the 189 application yourself with the help
Old Dec 18th 2018, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Really 😃. Thanks Rebecca. I’ve been scared to do it thinking they’ll ask me to present in person. Ye am on FB: but I can’t seem to find the group, not sure why.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.