Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations
Reload this Page >

NZ Nursing registration...how do you get practicing certificate?

NZ Nursing registration...how do you get practicing certificate?

Old May 23rd 2017, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation NZ Nursing registration...how do you get practicing certificate?

Hi there,

I am applying for my nz nursing registration. I'm a UK trained nurse living still in uk, waiting to get my nz nursing registration to then apply for a nursing job and then submit application for skilled migrant visa.

I am a bit unsure though. On the nursing jobs in nz, they stipulate candidates must have nz nursing registration and a current practising certificate. What is this certificate? How do I get one? Is this issued with my nursing registration?

Many thanks, hope you can help
Old May 23rd 2017, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Nursing registration...how do you get practicing certificate?

Hi there

When you get your registration they will explain how to apply for your annual practicing certificate...roughly it equates to our revalidation except they do it every year. Most jobs will be happy that you have registered or are near the end of the process. You will need an APC before your start date though

Last edited by inkedneonurse; May 23rd 2017 at 9:43 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thanks for that info. Very helpful.

So its similar to our revalidation process in uk then?

Is there anything I need to get ready for this application for APC?
Sorry but what does it actually involve? Submitting a form online?

I believe its a card they send you? As I'm still in UK I presume they can send that to my UK address all ok?
Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CatLady1234
Ok thanks for that info. Very helpful.

So its similar to our revalidation process in uk then?

Is there anything I need to get ready for this application for APC?
Sorry but what does it actually involve? Submitting a form online?

I believe its a card they send you? As I'm still in UK I presume they can send that to my UK address all ok?
Yes you fill it out online, no first time round you don't need anything
Old Jun 15th 2017, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, they sent my APC to the UK
Old Jun 17th 2017, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steven9818
Yes, they sent my APC to the UK

Did you have to send it with your visa application or did they just accept your registration certificate?
Old Jun 18th 2017, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Did you have to send it with your visa application or did they just accept your registration certificate?

I renewed my NZ APC to get AHPRA and I had to send a notarised copy to AHPRA for registration. I think I had to attach a copy of my registration for the visa too.
Old Jun 18th 2017, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steven9818
I renewed my NZ APC to get AHPRA and I had to send a notarised copy to AHPRA for registration. I think I had to attach a copy of my registration for the visa too.
Cool cheers...the guidance says registration certificate and the checklist says registration certificate and current practice certificate....can't apply for it just yet as will only be valid till 30th June (damn may birthday lol) so will have to wait