nursing in oz, whats it actually like??

Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: nursing in oz, whats it actually like??

Originally Posted by vickie
Thanks Tass,

Just looking to do ward based nursing initially whilst we settle (the husband and our 2 boys-ages 6 and 3), ideally in orthopaedics as medicine and surgery scare me after all these years! We're hoping to move north west of sydney so the NSW info helps (just lots of info to take in!). I've had my letter of determination from the AMNC and have sent off for our visa, hopefully will hear soon, we,ve only received a letter of receipt so far...

Would you know when and how do I need to apply to the NSW nursing board?

Thanks,

Vickie
Hi Vickie !
Depends how soon you want to move !! NMB only process applications once a month and if your application is not submitted before the cut off date for that month, it rolls into the month after.If you have plenty time then not a problem.We applied for our PR visas end of May, applied for NMB in June and were given registration from end of July.Remember , registration is valid for a year and is currently only $40. You would need to check website for info regarding first time applications and application forms. It's all hidden in there ! Also, they usually tell you on the web site if processing taking longer due to number of applications. Hope this helps.

http://www.nmb.nsw.gov.au - registration website.

http://www.austimeline.com - website where other people applying to oz post their application waiting times. gives you an idea of how long things are taking.

All the best,
Tass. x