Nursing Melbourne

Old Mar 5th 2014, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

ElizaT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing Melbourne

Hi, can anyone offer advice on finding employment in Melbourne Australia ideally working within critical care?

I am a qualified nurse with 2 years experience working within ITU in the UK. I plan on moving to Melbourne later on this year.

I don't really know where to start!

ElizaT.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing Melbourne

Hi,

You need to start by applying for Australian Registration via AHPRA web site. Until you obtain that, employers won't accept an application.
We are always looking for UK qualified nurses for our client in Australia. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be a suitable opportunity in a given city at any time, so perhaps you should consider other options for location.
You will require a visa, the most popular of which are an Employer Sponsored 457 Visa or Permanent Residency Visa. The 457 allows you to work for the sponsoring employer for up to 4 years. Changing sponsor is difficult. After 2 years, you can approach the employer to support an application for PR. The PR is probably better for families and for individuals who are committed to a longer period in Australia.

Good Luck