Nursing grades and levels in Australia

Old Jul 3rd 2006, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Orkney, Scotland bound for the Mornington Peninsula!
Barcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to all
Default Re: Nursing grades and levels in Australia

Originally Posted by SenoraJo
Hi! After joining another agency and getting nowehere in 6 months (Geneva) I joined HelathStaffRecruitment and had a choice of jobs from the word go. I can't recommend this agency enough as they have been an invaluable help, not just at finding me a job, but helping with the interview, advice about nursing in OZ, keeping in contact on arrival, advice about rentals, furniture buying, anything & everything, although the non-job stuff was personal advice from my consultant. I never felt pressured and anything they didn't know they found out and were also great help with my visa, getting my employer to sponser me for a PR instead of the normal 4 year working visa.

Good luck with your plans

Jo
It is this knid of personal reccomendation that is really helpful, thank you. It would be splendid if I could negotiate and apply for a specific job prior to moving, and it does seem as if an agency might prove necessary , just got to avoid the cowboys!

David
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Barcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Margaret2
David, i've had a couple of decent offers and they haven't met me yet :scared: I sent my c.v to a recruiting agence and they have offered me a couple of jobs, one i am hoping to take , if i ever get a bloody visa Don't know what your situation is on the visa front , but i've applied for skilled immigration, and 7 months in still waiting for a visa (just realised its now around 7 1/2 months)

I am Melbourne bound.

The recruiting agency ishttp://www.healthstaffrecruitment.com.au/index.php

But i am a general nurse, not mental health
Thanks Margaret,
I am applying for my visa shorty, but not planning to move for a year. Just wanting to get as prepared as I can given that I will not be able to manage a fact finding mission first. I am a general nurse as well as Mental Health, and have no preference for working in either, but my recent experience is all in mental health. Hope your visa comes soon. It will be good to hear how you get on and how you like Melbourne. Good luck
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 3:48 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Barcop
Thanks Margaret,
I am applying for my visa shorty, but not planning to move for a year. Just wanting to get as prepared as I can given that I will not be able to manage a fact finding mission first. I am a general nurse as well as Mental Health, and have no preference for working in either, but my recent experience is all in mental health. Hope your visa comes soon. It will be good to hear how you get on and how you like Melbourne. Good luck

Must be nice in Orkney today, its bloomin meltin here in ayrshire, makes me wonder how i'll ever cope in oz
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: Nursing grades and levels in Australia

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Must be nice in Orkney today, its bloomin meltin here in ayrshire, makes me wonder how i'll ever cope in oz
Quite cool really in Orkney today, and a bit overcast, I think we are rather missing out on the heatwave . Me, I can't wait for a bit more sunshine the hotter the better! Even the we are opting for Victoria