Nursing: the best route

Old Feb 13th 2018, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

lhanna01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing: the best route

Hi all

Just needing advice...

I am a nurse (Degree educated and i'm 33)and I am planning on moving to Melbourne. I am trying to work out the best way of getting there.

I think the options are:

1) apply for APHRA...travel to Australia and collect Pin and return to UK..then ideally obtain sponsorship to get visa...

2) apply independently for visa, obtain it and then go to APHRA and then move over and seek employment? But then need to do Ielts n skills assessment?

I, like many others are trying to keep costs down, and I think option 1 here is a cheaper visa (correct me if I'm wrong) but has the costs of going to collect pin. Is there benefit t getting sponsorship?

If I go option one, via APHRA, would I need to do another skills assessment for visa or would the nurse registration cover this?

Thanks so much for any help. P.s I would be travelling with husband and 5 kids.

Cheers
Old Mar 4th 2018, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Rock2089 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing: the best route

any idea how u register if doploma in nursing 3 years
Old Mar 4th 2018, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

lhanna01 is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I know you need to have a degree, perhaps look at topping your diploma up?
Old Mar 4th 2018, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lhanna01
As far as I know you need to have a degree, perhaps look at topping your diploma up?
Only my wife have diploma that is 3 years
Old Mar 4th 2018, 10:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lhanna01
Hi all

Just needing advice...

I am a nurse (Degree educated and i'm 33)and I am planning on moving to Melbourne. I am trying to work out the best way of getting there.

I think the options are:

1) apply for APHRA...travel to Australia and collect Pin and return to UK..then ideally obtain sponsorship to get visa...

2) apply independently for visa, obtain it and then go to APHRA and then move over and seek employment? But then need to do Ielts n skills assessment?

I, like many others are trying to keep costs down, and I think option 1 here is a cheaper visa (correct me if I'm wrong) but has the costs of going to collect pin. Is there benefit t getting sponsorship?

If I go option one, via APHRA, would I need to do another skills assessment for visa or would the nurse registration cover this?

Thanks so much for any help. P.s I would be travelling with husband and 5 kids.

Cheers
If you qualify for a 189 concentrate on that one. Sponsorship is generally temporary, you are tied to one employer and has a whole raft of attached issues because of that. Go for Skilled Independent (189) if you can.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 10:36 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rock2089
any idea how u register if doploma in nursing 3 years
AHPRA will not register a nurse with only a diploma. Cntact them to see if she can top it up to degree level,
When you contact them make it clear what the diploma is in- your previous thread says she is aradiographer not a nurse.

Little tip - you do actually need to cntact AHPRA for this, you will not get an accurate response via a laypersons forum as it is now too specific and depends on what the qualification is, cunry of origin etc.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 4th 2018 at 10:39 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
AHPRA will not register a nurse with only a diploma. Cntact them to see if she can top it up to degree level,
When you contact them make it clear what the diploma is in- your previous thread says she is aradiographer not a nurse.

Little tip - you do actually need to cntact AHPRA for this, you will not get an accurate response via a laypersons forum as it is now too specific and depends on what the qualification is, cunry of origin etc.
thanks i tried to contact but there replies are delayed by month.and my wife she is nurse and me radiographer.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 2:46 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Rock2089
thanks i tried to contact but there replies are delayed by month.and my wife she is nurse and me radiographer.
Regardless of whether the replies are delayed, AHPRA are the registration body and only they can give you definitive answers as to what they require for your individual registrations.