Nursing Agencies

Old Apr 29th 2004, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough
Default Nursing Agencies

We're looking at using nursing recruitment agencies based in Aus or NZ (as my wife is a nurse) to get us downunder from the UK. Has anyone used their services and have any stories to tell? Good ? Bad ? Indifferent ?
Also what timescales have you been/were you promised, and were they accurate?
If anyone has had a really BAD experience and wish to name names, please feel free to PM me!.
for all who respond, and track me down when we land!
Old Apr 29th 2004, 4:36 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing Agencies

Originally posted by ecando
We're looking at using nursing recruitment agencies based in Aus or NZ (as my wife is a nurse) to get us downunder from the UK. Has anyone used their services and have any stories to tell? Good ? Bad ? Indifferent ?
Also what timescales have you been/were you promised, and were they accurate?
If anyone has had a really BAD experience and wish to name names, please feel free to PM me!.
for all who respond, and track me down when we land!
Why bother with an agency? Just apply for a skilled visa and then look for a job. Nurse visas are processed quickly and there are plenty of jobs available.
Good luck

G
Old Apr 29th 2004, 5:06 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya
Geneva are quite good, and a friend is currently working in adelaide through beresford blake ......(cant remember last bit!!).
agencies such as drake medox etc have all been supplying for many years, so have a good reputation.

good luck, let us know your experiences..!!

sue
Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Grayling
Why bother with an agency? Just apply for a skilled visa and then look for a job. Nurse visas are processed quickly and there are plenty of jobs available.
Good luck

G
Problem is that we only just tip over the points required without a job offer, but breeze it with one ... is it not better to have LOADS A POINTS??

Or is the points system for PR or can we just get a visa ? (We need a smiley for "My head is going to explode")
Any idea on timescales?? Or does anyone want to adopt us?!
Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Problem is that we only just tip over the points required without a <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A> offer, but breeze it with one ... is it not better to have LOADS A POINTS??

Or is the points system for PR or can we just get a visa ? (We need a smiley for "My head is going to explode")

for skilled PR you now need 120 points, if you have the points go for it.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:55 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is that we only just tip over the points required without a job offer, but breeze it with one ... is it not better to have LOADS A POINTS??

You can apply for jobs advertised online.
Here is a link for NSW:
http://www3.health.nsw.gov.au/healthjobs/index.html

Or try something like:
www.seek.com.au

There are several sites.
You could just send your CV to various employers. They will do Telephone interviews.
If you have enough points you have enough points!
There is no need for extra ones as far as I know.

Agencies prefer to deal with easily placeable level 1 nurses and can help you but are unnecessary.
You will find it fairly easy to find yourself a job.Nurses are in demand.
Use it to your advantage.
If you prefer to use an agency that is up to you.

One piece of advice: If you register with a state first you can do a modified,cheaper skills assessment with the ANC for your points.
You have to register with a state anyway in order to practice.You do not register with the ANC
www.anci.org.au

If you are registered in one state you can then register in another,if necessary, as there is mutual recognition across the states.
Here is a link to NSW:
www.nursesreg.health.nsw.gov.au

Good luck

G
Old Apr 29th 2004, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

THANKS for the tips ... another night of burning the midnight oil!

Although I am GUTTED.....

no offers of adoption... (I have ALL my own teeth and am almost fully house-trained).
Old Apr 29th 2004, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Here is a link for NSW:

Thanks for the link Grayling,

I have just checked it out and there are loads of jobs.

I have searched for something similar for SA but to no avail, do you know of any similar websites?

Lisa
Old Apr 29th 2004, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've sat down and had a chat with the ' Boss' and she would rather go through an agency. I can fully understand what she means ... all of the move is riding on her (well to get over quicker it is) and I need to appreciate the pressure she is feeling ...

Agencies it is then ... but does alarm bells ring out if the agency has said "4 months start to finish"?? (WORRIED smiley goes here!)

Still no adoption offers ... I can cook and keep myself clean ...obviously not always at the same time ..
Old Apr 29th 2004, 8:47 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally posted by primrose
Here is a link for NSW:

Thanks for the link Grayling,

I have just checked it out and there are loads of jobs.

I have searched for something similar for SA but to no avail, do you know of any similar websites?

Lisa
Lisa
Try this one for starters.It is all I have:

http://intra.sa.gov.au/Human_Resources/Vacancies/

It was sent to me by a director of nursing in Adelaide.
I have some links to Some Adelaide hospitals.
Let me know if you want them

Good luck

G
Old Apr 29th 2004, 8:59 pm
Bitter and twisted

I've sat down and had a chat with the ' Boss' and she would rather go through an agency. I can fully understand what she means ... all of the move is riding on her (well to get over quicker it is) and I need to appreciate the pressure she is feeling ...

Agencies it is then ... but does alarm bells ring out if the agency has said "4 months start to finish"?? (WORRIED smiley goes here!)

Still no adoption offers ... I can cook and keep myself clean ...obviously not always at the same time ..
Where is it you want to go to?
4 months may be OK but go for PR not a temporary visa which ties you to a particular job or agency. The employer usually pays the agency not you.
I may have some addresses if you say where you want to go.

Good luck

G
Old Apr 29th 2004, 9:03 pm
Bitter and twisted

Lisa

Good luck

G
Lisa
I contacted a number of hospitals in Adelaide directly.They usually advertise on their websites.
I work in mental health but the addresses will be the same.

G
Old Apr 29th 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa

Good luck

G
Thanks G

Checked it out, there are a few jobs on there but not as many as NSW!
Can't do anything anyway until the assessment comes back from NBSA.

Lisa
Old Apr 29th 2004, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks G

Lisa
"NBSA" ??

where are u based????
Old Apr 29th 2004, 9:10 pm
Bitter and twisted

Thanks G

Lisa
Lisa
I am going over to Adelaide in june to meet some directors.I will see what I can find.
PM me if you want any more info. or if I can help.
Best wishes
G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.