Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:53 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi,
we actually have our visas. Got them last May, validated in October. I am waiting for my oldest daughter to finish her GCSE's before we go. I don't know whether that was a wise move because she usually says she's not coming with us now. I am just hoping she will change her mind. I didn't think it would be fair to remove her from school when she had already started them. My husband always said that we should just go as he thought she would refuse to come. I will just wait and panic when the time comes.

I wouldn't mind a meet up here. We could have one in Newcastle or somewhere. That's quite central, about an hour away for me but there's plenty of places up there. I don't know it very well so couldn't really suggest anywhere. What do you think you have to do to organise one? Just suggest a date and a venue and see who wants to come??? I think I could manage that. Anything more complicated is probably beyond me at the moment, have a lot going on at the moment.

Tracey
Hi

Yeah thats about all you would have to do. Ad4oz lives in Teeside I think. I would just post on nurses forum and lifestyle and culture Oz/ NZ and see what happens. I would come if is was worth it - would just stay the night in Newcastle. A nice meal and drinks would be good.

Lynn
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:22 pm
ad4ozz

Hi Tracey and everyone else...

Newcastle would be good as I live near Peterlee off A19 so only 1/2 hour for me and Paul lives Sedgefield way I think if I remember rightly. Think you are right it is the most central easy found North East place for everyone.

If we all suggest dates and see if we can match....May the 19th to 23rd no good for me but nothing else planned at the moment... .

Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I have no upcoming plans so could go anytime so long as I wasn't working. If it was organised in enough time I could request the time off anyway.
Should we try and pinpoint a couple of dates and then post something on the other forum?

I would really love to meet up with people who are going over. I wont know anybody over there at all. I'm going on my own with 3 children :scared: so it would be nice to know at least 1 other adult when I get there
Tracey.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 5:11 pm
ad4ozz

Talking Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Most weekends ok for me except the one already given in May so go ahead and suggest some... .

Meal somewhere may be as good as anything as gives everyone chance to talk as if we just do the drink bit we may not be able to hear ourselves in Newcastle...could have an early evening Chinese meal on Stowl St as plenty to choose from in China Town bit and then follow on for a drink or two... .

Otherwise no a very nice Italian in Washington but may be harder for everyone to find which has 4 or 5 quieter pubs near it where we could go.

Would def be nice to meet with others who are going...our next door neighbour was hoping to go this March but lady who was buying his house has just pulled out and he is in a tiz as can't afford to go if house not sold and has already delayed his sponsored visa employment start date twice... :scared: .

Old Jan 15th 2005, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ad4ozz]Meal somewhere may be as good as anything as gives everyone chance to talk as if we just do the drink bit we may not be able to hear ourselves in Newcastle...could have an early evening Chinese meal on Stowl St as plenty to choose from in China Town bit and then follow on for a drink or two... .

Oh shut up you lot, you're making me hungry and homesick !! Ha Ha !!
Have had many a great night in Mr Lau's on Stowell St. Have found a nice chinese buffet place in Rotorua, but it's not a patch on there.

Good luck for the meet.

Gill ex Co-Durham.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:12 am
ad4ozz

Well you can allways fly over and we can all go to Mr. Lau's... . Then you could give us the inside Gen on real Ozzi/NZ life.

Co. Durham or Oz/NZ at present i'm still think i'll give the other side of the world ago.

Any more date suggestions Fri or Sat night???

Last edited by ad4ozz; Jan 17th 2005 at 11:18 am. Reason: addition to message

Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:22 pm
ad4ozz

I need to hear something back of DIMIA if i'm ever going to leave...i'm going to get sad syndrome at this rate... .

Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:41 pm
ad4ozz

Good article in times with lots of links to other Oz bits http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/sec...,,18889,00.html

Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:38 am
ad4ozz

Arrow Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Don't know if anyone wants to go and I have nothing to do with them... but

Australian Nursing Solutions www.australiannursingsolutions.com.au [email protected]

are holding a look for nurses thing in Newcastle at the Thistle Hotel Neville St on Monday 7th Feb 2005...you can make an appointment for interview with consultant or just drop in. I'm debating whether to make the effort or not just to see what sort of slaver they come up with re working there.

And for Lynn Edinburgh on Tuesday 8th Feb at MWB Business Exchange 9-10 St Andrew Sq.

Usual speel Agency, 3 month contracts & pemanent placements available. Must have 1 yrs experience.

Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:18 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

ad4oz I think you are talking to yourself in here!!

crikey, they have had your application form for about 5 weeks now...but of course 2 of those were holidays, so be patient the yellow envelope will come soon!!!!

sue
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Don't know if anyone wants to go and I have nothing to do with them... but

Australian Nursing Solutions www.australiannursingsolutions.com.au [email protected]

are holding a look for nurses thing in Newcastle at the Thistle Hotel Neville St on Monday 7th Feb 2005...you can make an appointment for interview with consultant or just drop in. I'm debating whether to make the effort or not just to see what sort of slaver they come up with re working there.

And for Lynn Edinburgh on Tuesday 8th Feb at MWB Business Exchange 9-10 St Andrew Sq.

Usual speel Agency, 3 month contracts & pemanent placements available. Must have 1 yrs experience.
I had seen that in the RCN book. Not sure they will be any different to the other agencies - 'Acclaim' who were at the Oz expo in London promised me that community nurse jobs DID come up through them. However when they e-mailed me for more info on what I was looking for they replied and said they only organised hospital based work - so in other words they lied at the expo to get you to contact them again , in the hope of signing you up! I sent a polite e-mail back saying thanks but no thanks and explaining that I don't like being mislead and am not going to sign up with an agency who blatently lied at the expo to get my attention!!! I also said I would find a job myself!

So to end this long and boring story - I reckon all the agencies are the same and I would prefer to find a job on my own if poss - best apply direct. Agencies pay less 2.

Lynn
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:43 am

p.s can I get some karma (pretty please) for this being my 400th post on Ann's thread!!!??? I promise to give it back if it lets me - still trying to spread this repuation around

Lynn x
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:18 pm
ad4ozz

Sorry Lynn i'm not enough of a slapper.... I have to spread some more reputation around before I give you more karma... it knows i've gave you it before.

Can't remember how I get reputation. I'm nearly 40 with a steady marriage you know... .

Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:10 pm
ad4ozz

Yes think I will keep looking for job myself as agencies do seem dodgey. Any advances on Newcastle night our???

Old Jan 20th 2005, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Yes think I will keep looking for job myself as agencies do seem dodgey. Any advances on Newcastle night our???
How about planning it for April as the London meet is in March and people who are going to that may want to go to another. Also it gives people time to organise their shifts etc.

Would people be wanting to take their kids?

Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.