Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:57 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Originally Posted by paulb
Nice to see the North East represented. I am from Sedgefield, work as a CPN at Chester le Street and hoping to relocate to Grafton, NSW next year, with the wife and 2 kids. Sending my registration application tomorrow, had the removals company out today to give us a quote. Seems to be a lot of work in my area in Northern Rivers Health District, and I have a family friend there who is helping us. Went to Brisbane in 92, and thought it was wonderful. Wife has never been so a bit nervous. Nice to here from fellow northerners (or anyone with advice!!). Anyone know about transporting pets? we have a dog and a horse that we would like to take.
Try: http://www.affa.gov.au/content/publi...842822AD932B64

and www.airpets.com

Also do a search for DEFRA. There is a section about exporting animals out of the UK.

Welcome to the forum! - its not going to be an easy one shipping a horse out of country - is it possible!? I am taking my 4 year old collie x Poppy - will be a worrying time, not sure how she will cope with the flight and 30 days in quarantine.

Lynn
Old Dec 14th 2004, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Which Nurses are leaving North East England? And...where are you heading?

Lynnlovesthesun we may make you an honoury Northener seen as you are more Northern than us...don't want you to miss out just because of a border... . After all we are all more Northern than the Southerners and us Northerners need to stick together even once we make it to Oz.

I'm leaving Co. Durham and heading hopefully for Brisbane if everything goes to plan....apparantly the package of important documents has made Melbourne today.
I left Newcastle in July for Tucson AZ,love the weather but really miss m&s especially at this time of the year,also i've worked as a health visitor for the last 5 years and have gone back to nursing on the wards, it's not as bad as i imagined
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone

Originally trained at Shotley Bridge Hospital in Consett. Lived just up the road from Chester-le-Street where you work Paul.

Where did all you other Northerners train?

Gill
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:52 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see the North East represented. I am from Sedgefield, work as a CPN at Chester le Street and hoping to relocate to Grafton, NSW next year, with the wife and 2 kids. Sending my registration application tomorrow, had the removals company out today to give us a quote. Seems to be a lot of work in my area in Northern Rivers Health District, and I have a family friend there who is helping us. Went to Brisbane in 92, and thought it was wonderful. Wife has never been so a bit nervous. Nice to here from fellow northerners (or anyone with advice!!). Anyone know about transporting pets? we have a dog and a horse that we would like to take.

hiya paul,
have a look at this thread about transporting horses....some good info further down the thread -
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=horses

if you do a forum search there are one or two other useful threads.
sue
Old Dec 14th 2004, 5:23 pm
ad4ozz

Smile Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

I trained at Bede School of Nursing Sunderland...worked for a while at St. Benedicts Hospice Sunderland followed by many years on Orthopaedics at Sunderland Royal...have worked for Easington PCT for the last few years....and had my moles x 2 from cheeks (of the face may I add) took off at Shotley Bridge many years ago... .

Found lots of threads on taking animals in the past but not sure if we can take ours as we will have to rent for a while. Cat already given away, Border Terrier to go to brother possibly to follow later and feel Italian Spinnones to big to take while renting so trying to find good homes for them as they are big, bouncy, muddy and loveable dogs.

Last edited by ad4ozz; Dec 14th 2004 at 6:25 pm. Reason: error

Old Dec 14th 2004, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Gonna spend some time checking out the advice given, thanks to you all.
I trained at Winterton Psychiatric hospital near Sedgefield, '87 - '90. Anyone know it?
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna spend some time checking out the advice given, thanks to you all.
I trained at Winterton Psychiatric hospital near Sedgefield, '87 - '90. Anyone know it?

I'm general trained, but did my psych placement at Winterton !!!!
Remember the cafeteria was called Chimes. Found the DKU a bit scary.

Gill
Old Dec 15th 2004, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
I'm general trained, but did my psych placement at Winterton !!!!
Remember the cafeteria was called Chimes. Found the DKU a bit scary.

Gill
Wow, small world, I worked on the DKU from 1990 to it closing in 98. Did 1 year out on another ward March 94 to March 95. Anyone else remember Winterton?
Old Dec 15th 2004, 9:32 pm
ad4ozz

winterton now a housing estate....they found a body or two when they dug the founds...hope you were not guilty... :scared: :scared: :scared:

Old Dec 16th 2004, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

winterton now a housing estate....they found a body or two when they dug the founds...hope you were not guilty... :scared: :scared: :scared:
No not guilty, in fact it was a load rubbish, a made up story, there were no body parts. I understand someone sent a hoax story to the papers.

Winterton Park is the new housing estate, sad really that the old place has gone. I was the third generation of Blakeys to have worked there
Old Dec 16th 2004, 10:48 am
ad4ozz

So it was the Grandparent who was the mass murderer... . Housing estates on all the hospitals now...cherry knowle going the same way and the original Royal at Sunderland also.

Now all the English are going to Oz it'll end up the same houses everywhere.

Old Dec 16th 2004, 4:50 pm
ad4ozz

Thumbs up Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Well done Lynn on the bright new badge, hope you get to wear it soon in Queensland.. . PS which airline is it with flights from Glasgow???

Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:41 pm

Well done Lynn on the bright new badge, hope you get to wear it soon in Queensland.. . PS which airline is it with flights from Glasgow???
Thanks Ann Its Emirates that fly from glasgow now. They started flying from Glasgow to dubai since April 2004. We flew Emirates a year ago from Heathrow and they were excellent, I couldn't fault them. More leg room than usual (In comparison BA were dreadful). The seatback films and games were good too and the meals quite nice which is highly unusable. Why are you thinking of flying with them?

Lynn
Old Dec 16th 2004, 9:44 pm
ad4ozz

Wink Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Oh b*ll*cks tried to give you some Karma for your Emirates reply but apparantly I have to spread some reputation around first.......so if anyone know's how a poor northern girl can spread her reputation...oooohhh aaaahhh without the obvious conertations i'd be pleased to find out.... .

Old Dec 17th 2004, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Thanks Ann Its Emirates that fly from glasgow now. They started flying from Glasgow to dubai since April 2004. We flew Emirates a year ago from Heathrow and they were excellent, I couldn't fault them. More leg room than usual (In comparison BA were dreadful). The seatback films and games were good too and the meals quite nice which is highly unusable. Why are you thinking of flying with them?

Lynn
sorry didn't mean to say meals were unusable but UNUSAL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.