Which Nurses are going to Perth?

Old May 29th 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Which Nurses are going to Perth?

Originally Posted by bethandneil
Hi
Our visa will probably be ready about january time, however we are staying in the uk until september as our best friends are getting married and we dont want to have to come back to the uk so soon after emmigrating, so we will hopefully be touching down in perth late september 07. We have been to Brisbane and it was lovely but perth is somehow calling us! we will come to perth first and if its not for us we will move across to Queensland.
Beth.
Do you have children? If you have school-age children its a good time to come as they can do a couple of months in school before school holiday, which is all of December and January. Do you know where abouts in Perth? We live North/East of CBD about half hour from the beach bit cheaper than other areas and straight road to the beach so worth the savings on house price.
Nicola
Old May 29th 2006, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrs Rangersman
Do you have children? If you have school-age children its a good time to come as they can do a couple of months in school before school holiday, which is all of December and January. Do you know where abouts in Perth? We live North/East of CBD about half hour from the beach bit cheaper than other areas and straight road to the beach so worth the savings on house price.
Nicola
Hi
we have two children, when we arrive they will be 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 so not yet in school, we are moving at this time as it will give our son time to settle in oz for a year before he starts school, as i think children start school in oz a year later than in the uk, we are not sure of where in perth we will go as on a recent rekkie we only did queensland, nsw and new zealand (Only!!!), dont ask why we are considering perth, we are not sure, its just calling us somehow, if we dont like it or dont settle we will relocate to queensland, like i said we will have just over a year to settle before our son starts school. Perth looks fab but its rare to find anyone that has lived in both perth and queensland to compare notes, so maybe we willl be the first!
What is the nursing like there? it cant be any worse than the nhs!! :scared: :scared:
Beth.
Old May 29th 2006, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

clare a belle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
we have two children, when we arrive they will be 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 so not yet in school, we are moving at this time as it will give our son time to settle in oz for a year before he starts school, as i think children start school in oz a year later than in the uk, we are not sure of where in perth we will go as on a recent rekkie we only did queensland, nsw and new zealand (Only!!!), dont ask why we are considering perth, we are not sure, its just calling us somehow, if we dont like it or dont settle we will relocate to queensland, like i said we will have just over a year to settle before our son starts school. Perth looks fab but its rare to find anyone that has lived in both perth and queensland to compare notes, so maybe we willl be the first!
What is the nursing like there? it cant be any worse than the nhs!! :scared: :scared:
Beth.
Hi there,

as a newby I know where you're coming from with the gut feeling. I am only just working out where best to land my family and feel good about Perth. I am a Health Visitor and worked in theatre and reproductive medicine for a few years so god knows what path may lie ahead. And has it been "the best year for the NHS" or what? So I will give anything a shot in the hopw my kids will at least have some chance of a future. I read with open eyes all the postings in preparation to begin my application but scary eh?

Clare :scared:
Old May 29th 2006, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

hi
yes it is scary!
have you already applied for visa or just about to?
Can highly recommend using an agent we only started 3 months ago and at the stage they anticipate you should be at by 9 months!! although for us there is no rush as we have comittments here that mean we cannot go until sept 07.
Good luck
Beth.
Old May 29th 2006, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

Beth and Neil
We got here in October having never been to Perth before, took a while to settle but its good here. Its what you make of your own life anywere really, had to keep check on my attitudes.
Nursing here is good, on my ward all trained staff, able to give more holistic care on nights I have 8 patients day shift have 5 patients each. Better staffed in government hospitals, better wages too. Wages are dependent on how many years qualified.
Your 4 1/2 year old will be able go into kindy usually just 2 days a week, it'll help you meet some mums and get him some friends. Might be worth putting his name down at a few schools. Where do you think you might go to? Any ideas? We like where we are in Morley. Good shopping mal, only 20 minutes from CBD, 10 minutes from airport but not on flight path, 1/2 hour from beach. Lots of parks and not far from the hills either.
If I can help at all pm me. Do you know people alrteady here?
Nicola
Old May 30th 2006, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Red face Re: Which Nurses are going to Perth?

hi
yes it is scary!
have you already applied for visa or just about to?
Can highly recommend using an agent we only started 3 months ago and at the stage they anticipate you should be at by 9 months!! although for us there is no rush as we have comittments here that mean we cannot go until sept 07.
Good luck
Beth.
Hi there
no I have not applied yet,consiering using an agent as you probably understand life is hectic and someone to take some of the brainwork on would be great are they expensive?
My children are 5 and eleven weeks old. I want to get there before he really puts down roots he is already wise!
I have some distat family in forrest fields and Sorrento who are aware of our interest and have sent some job pages and real estate stuff. I am aware that the majority of nurses going are clinical setting which I would ladly go back to but wondered if any community ladies go too?

Clare
Old May 30th 2006, 6:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clare a belle
Hi there
no I have not applied yet,consiering using an agent as you probably understand life is hectic and someone to take some of the brainwork on would be great are they expensive?
My children are 5 and eleven weeks old. I want to get there before he really puts down roots he is already wise!
I have some distat family in forrest fields and Sorrento who are aware of our interest and have sent some job pages and real estate stuff. I am aware that the majority of nurses going are clinical setting which I would ladly go back to but wondered if any community ladies go too?

Clare
Gosh my typing is bad!
Old May 30th 2006, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by clare a belle
Hi there

Clare
I was out of hopsital work for 6 years doing community and then 18 months school nursing, gone back on the ward, bit hard but ok.
Community here is Silver Chain, can try and find out info if you like?
Have a friend that lives in Forrest field about 20 minute drive from where I am, seems nice there, quite new, haven't been to Sorrento I guess more expensive as nearer the beach.
Old May 30th 2006, 10:22 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I was out of hopsital work for 6 years doing community and then 18 months school nursing, gone back on the ward, bit hard but ok.
Community here is Silver Chain, can try and find out info if you like?
Have a friend that lives in Forrest field about 20 minute drive from where I am, seems nice there, quite new, haven't been to Sorrento I guess more expensive as nearer the beach.
Do you not fancy going back on community?
Old May 30th 2006, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Do you not fancy going back on community?
I'd rather go back into school nursing or Practice Nursing. I felt doing community can be quite isolating particularly if its your first job here. I think that in some places the nurses do the personal care as well and my back couldn't cope with that.Its ok at the hospital no lifting, use of hoists,can get help etc
Old May 31st 2006, 7:28 am
Just Joined

I'd rather go back into school nursing or Practice Nursing. I felt doing community can be quite isolating particularly if its your first job here. I think that in some places the nurses do the personal care as well and my back couldn't cope with that.Its ok at the hospital no lifting, use of hoists,can get help etc
Hi,

I would really appreciate any info offered, as you all probably have done I am harvesting everyones knowledge. I think I would feel more secure in clinical setting initially as you say it can be awesome out on your own at times. I am interested to hear peoples views on agents, reccies and validation trips?

Safety Bay and Rockingham look good.,

Clare
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:52 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Any other nurses off to Perth (and surrounds) in the next couple of months?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Me hopefully. House sold nothing holding us back now just waiting on the visa and we're off!!
Tracie
Any other nurses off to Perth (and surrounds) in the next couple of months?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Me hopefully. House sold nothing holding us back now just waiting on the visa and we're off!!
Tracie
Great!

Where are you planning on living when you get there? We are wanting to be north. Currumbine/Joondalup area.

Our house sale is in the process of going through.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Hoping for Carramar area all going well so not to far from you. Just getting really fed up waiting and waiting.
Tracie
Great!

Where are you planning on living when you get there? We are wanting to be north. Currumbine/Joondalup area.

Our house sale is in the process of going through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.