Which Nurses are going to Perth?

Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:48 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Nurses are going to Perth?

Originally Posted by frewy
Hope to send CV etc to RPH soon as visa prepared. My concern is what happened to you if the visa takes too long. But lets keep hoping and letting each other know how we get on.
I'm terrible, and totally unorganised. I haven't started fishing around for a job yet, as I thought the same as you - what if visa takes too long/house doesn't sell etc

I sent my visa away 2 months ago

Can you just send you CV to the hospitals?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:19 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I'm terrible, and totally unorganised. I haven't started fishing around for a job yet, as I thought the same as you - what if visa takes too long/house doesn't sell etc

I sent my visa away 2 months ago

Can you just send you CV to the hospitals?

Yes, its easy, this was the first thing i started doing to get a feel for the work out there, then started the visa process , but with hindsight this was really stupid, as i didn't realise it was such a long process However, the hospitals i did contact, now and again send emails to ask how its all going, I always reply promptly and they appreciate this, but as i said RPH are have been particularly good, don't know if this is a good or bad sign , perhaps their really desperate , but then again so am i

Wrote a whole screed, then for some reason couldn't post it, but to cut a long story short, any hospital i have emailed has been really, really helpful, with any questions, even about accommodation.

Last edited by Margaret2; Jan 31st 2006 at 10:27 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:26 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Yes, its easy, this was the first thing i started doing to get a feel for the work out there, then started the visa process , but with hindsight this was really stupid, as i didn't realise it was such a long process However, the hospitals i did contact, now and again send emails to ask how its all going, I always reply promptly and they appreciate this, but as i said RPH are have been particularly good, don't know if this is a good or bad sign , perhaps their really desperate , but then again so am i
..is there not a website you can use for nursing jobs, where you upload you CV?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:29 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

..is there not a website you can use for nursing jobs, where you upload you CV?

Don't know, i just emailed lots of hosps, and it was really interesting at times, had someone whom i emailed acutally knew a friend of mine , it is worth trying as it proves it is a small world , also someone trained at the same hosp as me (in the hosp training days),
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:31 pm

Don't know, i just emailed lots of hosps, and it was really interesting at times, had someone whom i emailed acutally knew a friend of mine , it is worth trying as it proves it is a small world , also someone trained at the same hosp as me (in the hosp training days),
this may be a silly question, but who is it you e-mail, HR?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:33 pm

Have just found this, which looks like it may be useful

http://www.lookatwa.com.au/AboutPerth/hospitals.html
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:36 pm

this may be a silly question, but who is it you e-mail, HR?

RPH, have a website go onto it, it also tell you what jobs are available, but i never believe this, coz its probably not updated regularly.

Sorry it was so long ago i can't remember the rest, think I just typed into the computer hosps in western australia, got info from that, then emailed my c.v all around.

My c.v at first obviously wasn't good enough, coz got some insensitive replies, these were usually nursing agencies, but it was constructive, so updated it the 'australian way', and it was ok from there.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:40 pm

RPH, have a website go onto it, it also tell you what jobs are available, but i never believe this, coz its probably not updated regularly.

Sorry it was so long ago i can't remember the rest, think I just typed into the computer hosps in western australia, got info from that, then emailed my c.v all around.

My c.v at first obviously wasn't good enough, coz got some insensitive replies, these were usually nursing agencies, but it was constructive, so updated it the 'australian way', and it was ok from there.
My CV has been updated but not assie style, would you be able to PM me some details/pointers when doing an Oz CV, if it's not too much trouble
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:13 pm

My CV has been updated but not assie style, would you be able to PM me some details/pointers when doing an Oz CV, if it's not too much trouble

Will email you my c.v tomorrow, i think my c.v was just crap in general, could you pm me your email address, coz i don't know how to attach to pm's.

Will speak to you tomorrow. Night, night

Please let me know if i can help in any other way
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:49 pm

Quote:

Will email you my c.v tomorrow, i think my c.v was just crap in general, could you pm me your email address, coz i don't know how to attach to pm's.

Will speak to you tomorrow. Night, night

Please let me know if i can help in any other way
Thanks, sent you my e-mail address....and I meant aussie style not assie style like I wrote above
Old Mar 13th 2006, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

nursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mish & al
Hi my name is Elaine and I am headed for Perth in the next few months. I have lived there before, I worked at Princess Margaret hospital for sick children in subiaco. I am hoping to live in the Joondalup area this time, and will be looking for a job in the area, when I arrive.
hi elaine

just looking around and saw your info...presume you are kids trained?

i am and should be in perth by sept 06...and wanting to work at the PM hosp but just looked on their website no vacancies for months so feeling a bit stressed :scared:

any top tips apprieciated and good luck with your move
Old Mar 14th 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

nursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant future

just been reading this thread and note you worked in PM hospital...i am kids trained and hope to head to perth this sept and work there
what was it like?

Originally Posted by mish & al
Hi my name is Elaine and I am headed for Perth in the next few months. I have lived there before, I worked at Princess Margaret hospital for sick children in subiaco. I am hoping to live in the Joondalup area this time, and will be looking for a job in the area, when I arrive.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 8:38 am
lisa

lisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nice

Originally Posted by don544
hi
i have got a post with the WA Prison service south of river. my wife has been offered a post in Perth A&E Dept, she is applying for a 136 SI as at 46 i am passed it! we also have two children aged 7&11 who are causing us concern over child care as we don't know anyone near to where we will work!
dom
hi there my husband works at risley prison and is looking into going into the prison service over in WA. i am a nurse also, we have two boys, aged 2 and 7. could you let me know how you went about applying to the prison service, and if its as bad as over here. lisa
Old Mar 16th 2006, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisabarber
hi there my husband works at risley prison and is looking into going into the prison service over in WA. i am a nurse also, we have two boys, aged 2 and 7. could you let me know how you went about applying to the prison service, and if its as bad as over here. lisa
pm sent
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:56 pm

Any more nurses going soon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.