Which Nurses are going to Perth?

Old Jan 8th 2006, 11:28 am
lichfield jock

frewy will become famous soon enoughfrewy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Which Nurses are going to Perth?

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Hi,
Just wondering who else, as a nurse, is headed for Perth (WA) and where you think you would like to work or if you have already got a job?

Tia
Hi My husband I are hoping to go to Perth. I received my ANMC back on the 30th Dec and also sent registration papers to WA. Visa application almost ready to send. I am a critical care nurse hoping to work RPH. Reading alot of] the messages. It would be good to meet. I know someone who works in Perth and she says it is different but nothing you cannot adapt to. Really looking forward to it and I hope to go tom RPH as I like the idea of staying in a big hospital with 22 beds Critical care although the Cardiac side is really not my cup of tea. Well lets hope we all get what we want then get to meet on Aussie soil!!!!!!!
Sue
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:01 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

....any others?
Old Jan 26th 2006, 4:36 pm
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all
Red face Re: Which Nurses are going to Perth?

....any others?
just found this thread, good to see so many nurses aboard, all going through the same torture.
im paula, myself, hubby and two children are waiting to hear from DIMIA, and when we get our visa!! we are off to perth to the joondalup area, have had a few emails from the the emergency department manager and he didnt seem to think there would be any problems getting work.
get the visa first eh!!!
have front loaded meds and pcc's
app acknowledged 8th Nov 2005
no sign of a CO yet
oh and using an agent,
will keep reading in earnest
paula
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:33 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somedogsdo
just found this thread, good to see so many nurses aboard, all going through the same torture.
im paula, myself, hubby and two children are waiting to hear from DIMIA, and when we get our visa!! we are off to perth to the joondalup area, have had a few emails from the the emergency department manager and he didnt seem to think there would be any problems getting work.
get the visa first eh!!!
have front loaded meds and pcc's
app acknowledged 8th Nov 2005
no sign of a CO yet
oh and using an agent,
will keep reading in earnest
paula
Hi Paula, I have replied to your PM
Old Jan 27th 2006, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

I would really appreciate some feedback from any Mental Helath nurses who are moving or who have moved.

Old Jan 30th 2006, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Not mental health... I'm in District Nursing right now.... was aiming for NSW but have settled on Perth (we think) held up by practice cert from NBNSW.. have registration cert .... any ideas how long that will take?
I then will apply for modified skills assessment... then visa here we come... I don't think it will all be sorted by our planned oct 2006 but we live in hope....
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

salbo25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Which Nurses are going to Perth?

hello, my husband and i are both mh nurses and are awaiting final conformation to get to perth. hopefully around 6weeks time. he's got a job at greylands hospital, and i hope to be working agency. to fit in with our daughter and school.
Hi,
Just wondering who else, as a nurse, is headed for Perth (WA) and where you think you would like to work or if you have already got a job?

Tia
Old Jan 30th 2006, 9:21 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by salbo25
hello, my husband and i are both mh nurses and are awaiting final conformation to get to perth. hopefully around 6weeks time. he's got a job at greylands hospital, and i hope to be working agency. to fit in with our daughter and school.

COULD YOU REPEAT THAT WE COULDN'T HEAR YOU
Old Jan 31st 2006, 6:39 am
Just Joined

salbo25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret2
sorry don't know why it turned out so big!!
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:33 am
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all
Exclamation Re: Which Nurses are going to Perth?

What is the modified skills assessment???
not heard of this before, i applied to the ANMC first and then the 136. thought i would leave the NBWA until the very last cause it states that reg only runs from birthday to birthday, and since mine is in August thought id better leave it a while, or at least until we have a visa and a move date?
cheers
paula
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:43 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by frewy
Hi My husband I are hoping to go to Perth. I received my ANMC back on the 30th Dec and also sent registration papers to WA. Visa application almost ready to send. I am a critical care nurse hoping to work RPH. Reading alot of] the messages. It would be good to meet. I know someone who works in Perth and she says it is different but nothing you cannot adapt to. Really looking forward to it and I hope to go tom RPH as I like the idea of staying in a big hospital with 22 beds Critical care although the Cardiac side is really not my cup of tea. Well lets hope we all get what we want then get to meet on Aussie soil!!!!!!!
Sue

Hiya, i too am hoping to work in RPH, like you I like the idea of working in a big hospital (probably coz that's what i'm used to), hopefully it will be in the operating theatre, or ideally day surgery. Must admit RPH have been good at keeping in touch with me, they also offered me a brill job, sort of working with both day surgery and main theatre (sort of link nurse), but they couldn't hold the post as I was taking to long to come..............bloody visa
But as you say lets see what happens when we get there
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:00 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL thats what I thought! great minds eh margaret!
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by somedogsdo
What is the modified skills assessment???
not heard of this before, i applied to the ANMC first and then the 136. thought i would leave the NBWA until the very last cause it states that reg only runs from birthday to birthday, and since mine is in August thought id better leave it a while, or at least until we have a visa and a move date?
cheers
paula
The modified skills assessment is the one you do when you've already registered with the nursing board. It doesn't go into as much detail, and it is much cheaper than the normal skills assessment.

The birthday thing you are on about doesn't make any difference, as my birthday is October 30th, I was registered with WA September 7th, and reg isn't due for renewal until 31/10/06.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
I would really appreciate some feedback from any Mental Helath nurses who are moving or who have moved.

'paulb' is a mental health nurse who went over to Australia about 4 months ago. I haven't seen him on here much lately though. You could always try an PM him, and see if he replies...
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:43 pm
lichfield jock

frewy will become famous soon enoughfrewy will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Which Nurses are going to Perth?

Hiya, i too am hoping to work in RPH, like you I like the idea of working in a big hospital (probably coz that's what i'm used to), hopefully it will be in the operating theatre, or ideally day surgery. Must admit RPH have been good at keeping in touch with me, they also offered me a brill job, sort of working with both day surgery and main theatre (sort of link nurse), but they couldn't hold the post as I was taking to long to come..............bloody visa
But as you say lets see what happens when we get there
Hope to send CV etc to RPH soon as visa prepared. My concern is what happened to you if the visa takes too long. But lets keep hoping and letting each other know how we get on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.