Nurse Registration Processing Times?

Old Mar 20th 2009, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

baileyjnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurse Registration Processing Times?

Hello Expats!

I was wondering if there were any nurses out there who could advise me on Registration. I'm a RN working London and want to move to NSW/Sydney area - but I was told it takes longer to register with NSW Nursing Council, so I should register with Queensland then use Mutual Recognition Process... anyone know anymore details about this?

Wondering how long registration takes with NSW? and Queensland? Only I've had a few unofficial job offerings which are worthless without my registration (

Any info much appreciated!!

Declan
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

zakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant futurezakuro has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nurse Registration Processing Times?

Hi baileyjnr, i'm sorry i don't have the exact answer to your questions. But i'm also applying for NSW and it says on their website the process takes 5-6 weeks. Dunno if it is true in real time.
And btw, may i ask how you found those job openings in Sydney area? I was paying close attention to new post on this website but wasn't lucky enough to find one that suits me. Did you work with agencies?
Looking forward to your reply.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Kursha is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how long it is taking to register with NMBWA?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

jennyrsharp is an unknown quantity at this point

We are planning on going to NSW (Sydney), but I have been advised by a few people not to register in that state as its the toughest to get through. I am registering in SA and getting recognition in NSW. Not sure how long it takes, but the process is much easier and cheaper in SA. Ive also heard that from next year, all states boards are going to merge to form one country wide board (like our NMC), and that they are likely to take the toughest process for overseas nurses to register (ie. NSW).
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:01 am
Just Joined

baileyjnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for advice Jenny! Didn't think of SA, will look into it though if easier - was filling in my NSW app form cause thought no1 would bother advising against... good luck with your registration, see you down under hehe