NNAS/Canada

Old Oct 4th 2015, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

KerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NNAS/Canada

Hi there,

Just wondering about people's experiences so far with using NNAS.... How long this has taken, what the results were, if you have been required to do any further training and assessments etc?

Thank you

Kerry
Old Oct 4th 2015, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NNAS/Canada

NNAS is discussed a bit in the Canadian forum but they just do a report it is the colleges that make the decision re further training etc
Old Oct 5th 2015, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

KerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do understand that, thank you for your reply.
I am just curious as to the different areas requirements after the NNAS report has been developed. Whether there are some differences in what people need to do.
How they got on with NNAS, how long the process took, what the report detailed to the colleges.
I am quite interested in what the colleges have advised regarding missing hours as I have spoken to about 5 different colleges and have heard slightly different info.
Thanks again ☺️
Old Oct 6th 2015, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

George_K is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid for my application a month or so ago, and I haven't even managed to collect all the necessary information to send. They've received my information from the NMC - but that is still 'waiting for authentification'. The bit that worries me is that they might reject information that you've completed up to the point of where the named official needs to sign it. By this I mean, I've filled out the form for my Manager to sign. I'm also waiting for my nursing school to complete the form and I would imagine that's going to take them a while!
Old Oct 7th 2015, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for getting back to me!

It sounds like it's going to be a long haul. May I ask what nursing board you are applying to? Are you adult trained?

Kerry
Old Dec 29th 2015, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

telgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond repute

I am currently dealing with NNAS at the moment. I put my application in last May and am still waiting for one course description (which they have confirmed they have received) to be uploaded onto my file. The first form my previous employer filled out and sent they refused to accept as the envelope was not signed and stamped by my manager so I had to get another one sent, this time with the seal stamped and signed so they can see it had not been tampered with. Something simple but takes time if not done properly.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Shelley Bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm going through NNAS at the moment (well, my husband is!) and after 6 months we still do not have all the documents in!

A bit of advice would be to remain very proactive in this process.

Stress on your employers and university that they need to follow the instructions to the letter when they mail off the forms (NNAS want everything stamped, official letterheads and logo envelopes, etc). My husband had 4 previous employers + 1 university, and each of them botched the first attempt! Send a cover letter with your request to ensure the important points are highlighted, and call them up to make sure they understand the form.

Also, because NNAS is new, your request form might be the first the university has seen and I'm not sure it's the same structure as the previous provincial ones. My husband's university were not able to fill in the hours breakdown from his course until calling a meeting with each of the professors, they had never been asked to cut the course details in that way. It took months. So be sure to get that request in first, and quickly follow up to establish how straightforward they are going to find it.

The NMC was easy, they know what they're doing.

Best of luck!
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

telgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that info Shelley! I couldn't agree more about being proactive. NNAS wouldn't accept one document as like you mention they had not stamped the envelope so I had to get it sent again. Like your husband also my university were unable to provide a breakdown of my hours done in theory and this is what's taking the time. Let's hope perseverance pays odd and we get there in the end! Good luck to you also!
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all for replying! It's really great to hear all of your pointers! May I ask are you adult trained ? And also when your training was?
This is the only thing that worries me about immigrating, the whole process of converting qualifications and then possibly spending time and money on assessments etc... Would love to be kept up to date with your progress and outcomes! Best of luck x
Old May 8th 2016, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

mikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud of

So... I just started this whole process 3 weeks ago from the UK.
I've had confirmation that my employers have all completed their forms and I've had tracking numbers for the courier mail and all have been delivered in the last few days, although they aren't showing on my NNAS account yet.
My university have received a mail copy with my signed form and I sent all the information by email immediately in the hope they could get cracking as I expect it will take them some time to retrieve information from archives as I graduated in 2004 with a BN(Hons). Tomorrow they will get an email asking how things are going as they haven't updated me despite this being promised.
The NMC have so far taken 2 weeks to respond to me as I'm following their process rather than just sending the NNAS form. However, tomorrow I will be calling them to speed things up.
As I write this I think I'm sounding pushy and controlling. Having read forums with so much negativity about the process and long delays, need to undertake additional study in Canada etc... I just want to make sure everything I do have control over is done as thoroughly and efficiently as possible.
Old May 8th 2016, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I'm going through the NNAS process myself. Having a problem understanding a question relating to 'Nursing Registration'. The question is,

'If the jurisdiction or country of your initial nursing program does not issue a license, does your diploma give you the right to practise?'
The options are 'yes' or 'No'.
Would be great if anyone going through the process can help me with this.

BTW I am fully aware that if the NMC don't issue a license/registration then I cannot practise, so have provisionally answered 'no'., just feel I may be reading the question wrong.