Help with relocation expenses on 457 visa??

Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help with relocation expenses on 457 visa??

Hi,

Just wondering if any nurses/midwives have got help with relocation fees from their sponsor?

I've got a job at King Edward mem hosp in perth and no mention has been made of help. I'm being sponsored by WA Dept of Health, do I ask them or the hospital .

So far I've paid for everything (visa meds etc) but the house sale is not looking imminent and we may have to remortgage to get over there - anyone else been in this situation?!

Any help/advice very welcome
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

suzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with relocation expenses on 457 visa??

Hi Julie

My work colleague left for Perth last Friday to start a job in Fremantle hospital,he has gone on a 457 visa sponsored by WA DoH. He was told once he started work his employers would apply for relocation money from the DoH. He needed to keep receipts from medicals, removals, economy flights, visa cost and 2 weeks accommodation and he would be reimbursed up to $20,000.
I have a copy of the email informing him of this as i am waiting for a 121 visa.
I have heard through another friend that she believes this amount of relocation cost is only available to mental health nurses but i dont know how true that is. Anyway it is worth you contacting the DoH to find out.
Good luck, I am sure that that person who is going to buy your house will be coming round soon.
Suzanne
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your reply - its given me some hope which I desperately need at the minute .

Hopefully our house buyer is just around the corner and things will start to improve for us, I think the house sale has been the most stressful so far :curse:

Thanks again x
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:03 am
Just Joined

narell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
I just saw that your medicals are at exactly the same day arrived in Austalia like ours. We know that only from our post courier and haven't an seen any change in the online check from the DIAC. There is writen : medicals outstanding. Is this the same like you, or are your medicals in process?
Geetings from Germany Anke

457 online application 6.8.

And still waiting for medical processing since 21.8.

Hopefully in Sydney in November, resigned our job to October and the flat to November.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

hi narell

Our online status still says: medicals outstanding like yours Hopefully they'll get to us soon !!

Good luck
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

i think you will find that they will do my meds first and then yrs
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

You can go off people you know
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwife2be
You can go off people you know

yr meds are 2 days in front of mine so you should get yrs be4 me !!!

do you not want to be my buddy any more
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Course I do

Having a bad day, internet connection keeps :curse:ing crashing, tesco dont even want me, what if australia dont want me either

Ignore, me I'll be fine when that visa arrives and someone knocks on my door offering the asking price
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

julie i think everyone is having a bad day today

sharon is too

chin up girl good things come to those who wait and you will get to au soon and we will have a girly shopping day in perth together and we will both laugh over all this i am sure

tiff

ps sendingyou love &[[[hugs]]]]
Old Sep 11th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Tiff

Your working overtime today, cheering us all up!! Its hard to get excited and imagine yourself there but we will be, one day

U can forget the shops though, I'll be in need of a very large vodka
Old Sep 11th 2007, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

mines is a large red wine a very large one

cheering each other up isn't that what mates do for each other???