Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations
Reload this Page >

newly qualified UK nurse needing advice for working in australia

newly qualified UK nurse needing advice for working in australia

Old May 16th 2015, 6:09 am
Just Joined

fmerro93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default newly qualified UK nurse needing advice for working in australia

I qualified as a nurse in august of 2014 and left straight for australia on a working holiday visa but not intending to carry out work as a nurse. I have now decided I want to work as a nurse in Australia but know I need experience first. I am planning on returning to the UK to carry out a perceptirship and work for sometime before coming back to Australia. Does anyone have any advice on if I should do my 3 months farm work first to gain a second year working holiday visa, or will it be fairly easy to come back out on a skills visa? Do you think i will benefit more going home sooner rather than later as a newly qualified? Feel like im losing my skills. My visa ends in September so I have to make a decision pretty soon. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by fmerro93; May 16th 2015 at 6:14 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 17th 2015, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Nurse Becky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: newly qualified UK nurse needing advice for working in australia

I would imagine you will find it difficult to come back to the UK after two years and find a job with no nursing experience for two years post grad. I thought there was a clause that you must use your training within two years to stay up to date? (This could possibly be 5 years) To apply for nursing in Australia I also think you need to have a year to two years experience before you can apply.