New Zealand to Australia mental health nursing...

Old May 17th 2014, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Zealand to Australia mental health nursing...

Hi everyone,

I am a UK trained mental health nurse currently living and working in Christchurch NZ. I obviously have registration with the New Zealand nursing council already. I was chatting to a friend currently working in Australia and she indicated they often have jobs there. I am in no rush to move but...

1. Am I eligible under the Trans Tasman agreement to register in Aussie? I would rather not go through the rigmarole of re registering if I am not.

2. What is the liklihood of being granted a visa to work? Seems a 457 would be most likely.

Lastly anyone who is in Victoria, any idea what I'd get after tax with 4 years experience?
Old May 19th 2014, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Zealand to Australia mental health nursing...

Hi Laura,

We are thinking of doing the move the other way round. Fancy a year or two living and nursing on the south island while still young to enjoy the outdoors...thinking of popping everything in storage next year and crossing the ditch. Wife is a medical nurse so should have no problems finding work, myself as a psych nurse i wonder what opportunities await.....be interested to hear your experiences.

Currently live in NE Victoria but work just over the border in NSW as a year 2 mental health nurse, basic rate without penalties is $1,120 a week on top. RN4 would be $1,240 and the highest increment RN8 as my wife is gives you $1,495.
Victoria health pay a little less but have better staff to patient ratios in a deal between Vic nursing union and Vic health.

Have talked to kiwi nurses out here and the registration sounds easy enough, not sure where you stand regards visas....are you NZ permanent residents? how far from NZ citizenship are you? I`m sure been a resident/citizen would make it more easy.