New to the site !

Old May 14th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

exhaused1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New to the site !

Hi All, oh my goodness, my husband and I have just been referred to this site to help us along the way for our application..this is the first time I have accessed it and sure enough the help and information shared is incredible, im sure over the next few weeks I shall be begging for our own help and advice!!

We are looking at the visa's at the moment, I am a paediatric nurse, so I believe to apply for visa's on this strength , although my husbands brother has been an Australian citizen for 10 years now, im sure this will benefit our application?
If anyone can offer any advice (basic would be good at this stage as it all appears so mind boggling!!) on the best way forward would be great!
Old May 14th 2007, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all
Default Re: New to the site !

Originally Posted by exhaused1
Hi All, oh my goodness, my husband and I have just been referred to this site to help us along the way for our application..this is the first time I have accessed it and sure enough the help and information shared is incredible, im sure over the next few weeks I shall be begging for our own help and advice!!

We are looking at the visa's at the moment, I am a paediatric nurse, so I believe to apply for visa's on this strength , although my husbands brother has been an Australian citizen for 10 years now, im sure this will benefit our application?
If anyone can offer any advice (basic would be good at this stage as it all appears so mind boggling!!) on the best way forward would be great!
Hi there.

click the link below, which is prob the best place to start.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/medic...ons-nurses.htm

General consensus is that a 136 skilled visa is the best option. The main criterea being that you must have 12months post reg experience within the last 18months. 457 is a popular (but temporary) visa. Plenty of debate about the advantages and disadvantages as regards this visa on this forum, but this is usually used by those without any experience.

best wishes

Ade S
Old May 14th 2007, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

hello, welcome and good luck.... its a roller coaster ride you are in for
Old May 14th 2007, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

lulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nice

Hello

You will get loads of fab information from this site, everyone is lovely and more than happy to help! I'm a bit of a novice so i'll leave the advice to those with more knowledge than myself.

Lucy
Old May 15th 2007, 2:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If you apply for Skilled Independent (136) then your husband's brother being Australian will make no difference. If you don't qualify for 136 then you could look at skilled sponsored (138) as an alternative.

There are some advantages to the 136 but a major downside is the Assurance of Support - lots of hassle and some visa refusals for this reason.

State-sponsored (134 or 137) is another alternative if 136 doesn't work.

If you have a straightforward case with no complicating factors (eg having lived in a country where police checks are difficult to get, non-migrating children, custody questions over children etc) then just go for 136.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your support!! Its so good to hear from those that have done it, are now doing it and who want to do it!! The roller coaster ride is for sure! I have looked at the different visas and i think the 136 is the more appropriate and will start looking at the assured support. Its all so confusing at this stage..,although i may not be the sharpest tool I hope to get to grips soon!!
Old May 15th 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lulabell
Hello

You will get loads of fab information from this site, everyone is lovely and more than happy to help! I'm a bit of a novice so i'll leave the advice to those with more knowledge than myself.

Lucy
Hi Lucy, you say your a novice also, how far along are you in this madness of migration??
Old May 15th 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

lulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nice

Hi, I'm just at the planning stage really, as i still have a year and 7 months till i qualify. But i will apply for a job in Aus and see if i can secure a position before i qualify, as a few people on this site have done that.
I will have to go to a hospital that does graduate programmes as i wont have any experience.

I also think that we will go over on a temp visa 457 and apply for residency at a later date. It has some down sides to this visa, but as its just me and my partner and no kids, i think we can take the risk....plus we want to get there ASAP!! Good luck with your application...keep us posted!!
Old May 16th 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Twos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant future

Welcome to the site
Me and the OH are just starting the process.
We have applied to the NMC for verification to be sent to the nursing councils in Oz and also our Uni to send a transcript of our training to the ANMC, Now we are trawling through the ANMC skills assessment. Once this is done I think its apply for visa and jobs in Oz. Sounds easy but somehow I am not so sure
Jim & Claire
Old May 16th 2007, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

I have qualified recently and have had conflicting information regarding whether i need to do the graduate programme. Although by the time we actually arrive in Aus, i would have had proberbly at least 12 months post reg, but I presume it goes by your registered time at the time of application? I have heard that in NSW you can apply as newly qualified, directly in. Although this may not make any difference as we are hoping to settle in either Perth or Gold Coast.... Taking a month over there in October to do recci of schools for the kids, and hopefully will get the opportunity to have a look at some hospitals !! Does anyone have any recommendations??
Old May 16th 2007, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twos Company
Welcome to the site
Me and the OH are just starting the process.
We have applied to the NMC for verification to be sent to the nursing councils in Oz and also our Uni to send a transcript of our training to the ANMC, Now we are trawling through the ANMC skills assessment. Once this is done I think its apply for visa and jobs in Oz. Sounds easy but somehow I am not so sure
Jim & Claire
Hi, it is all so confusing isnt it?! Does the NMC give an indication of time to recieve the verification? And i expect that the Uni take some time to send out a transcript and would you suggest that I apply for that now seeing as i have recently qualified? Sorry for all they questions, im sure you have enough of your own!! A very daunting experience....
Claire & Shaun
Old May 16th 2007, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

I have qualified recently and have had conflicting information regarding whether i need to do the graduate programme. Although by the time we actually arrive in Aus, i would have had proberbly at least 12 months post reg, but I presume it goes by your registered time at the time of application? I have heard that in NSW you can apply as newly qualified, directly in. Although this may not make any difference as we are hoping to settle in either Perth or Gold Coast.... Taking a month over there in October to do recci of schools for the kids, and hopefully will get the opportunity to have a look at some hospitals !! Does anyone have any recommendations??
For permanent visa you need 12months post reg expereince within the last 18months, at the time of application. Have you got a job in UK and how long have you been qualified ? If that was me, i would wait and apply for 136visa, especially as you aint going before Oct at least. In the meantime, apply for your ANMC skills assessment, which will prob take 2-3months, then get your state registration, prob another 6-8weeks. Think majority of places do graduate programme, but think getting the right visa is the first priority.

Last edited by adiestubbs; May 16th 2007 at 4:41 pm.
Old May 17th 2007, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, I have only been qualified for a month, still awaiting my PIN. Have been employed by NHS for 6 years and a Neonatal nursery nurse, and have got a rotational job within child health at the same hospital. So have got some time to kill before can fully apply for visa! Will get info for skills assesment and go from there?!