My experience so far - Applying to AHPRA

Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience so far - Applying to AHPRA

Public Holiday tomorrow Shaun so nothing will appear till Tuesday at earliest
Old Jun 8th 2014, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

bigmac1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scirocco
Been reading everyones posts, it all sounds very stressful

I have recently recieved a letter of determination from ANMAC saying I have been successful. They have said my qualifications are recognised as being commensurate with at least an Australian Bachelor Degree (hope AHPRA feel the same). ANMAC hold many of my documents that i need to apply to AHPRA, has anyone else been in the same position? I know ANMAC will send them to AHPRA overnight by courier. Just don't know what to send to AHPRA as i can't remember what ANMAC already hold. Im about to apply for registration.

Just wondered if anyone else was in the same position?
Hi scirocco, from what I can remember, as well as requesting ANMAC forward my documents I sent my CV & a list of my CPD for the last 12 months. Approx a month after receiving my application AHPRA requested another verification of my registration with the NMC.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 6:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bigmac1
Hi scirocco, from what I can remember, as well as requesting ANMAC forward my documents I sent my CV & a list of my CPD for the last 12 months. Approx a month after receiving my application AHPRA requested another verification of my registration with the NMC.

Forgot to say I also had the NMC & Uni complete the templates on the AHPRA website ( can't remember what criteria they were for) & send them directly to AHPRA?
Unfortunately the college where I did my original degree back in 1991 no longer exists & my transcript only mentioned pharmacology, so due to the fact that the NMC couldn't find a transcript of my training they sent a generic EU letter to try & cover the criteria for pharmokinetics etc. Will just have to wait & see if this will be enough. I'm currently a community nurse prescriber after completing my SCPHN degree but don't think this will have any bearing on their assessment. It's definitely a frustrating time.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 9th 2014 at 6:51 am. Reason: fix quote
Old Jun 10th 2014, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Hi everyone, just to make you aware these are 2 tweets from AHPRA this morning in response to 2 questions posted by people.

DipHE is AQF level 6. IQNM Criterion 4 requires AQF7. Post reg nursing quals also considered. AQF info: bit.ly/1nDMGxh
The local Board is meeting on a fortnightly basis for those IQNM applications that require a decision of the local Board
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigmac1
Hi everyone, just to make you aware these are 2 tweets from AHPRA this morning in response to 2 questions posted by people.

DipHE is AQF level 6. IQNM Criterion 4 requires AQF7. Post reg nursing quals also considered. AQF info: bit.ly/1nDMGxh
The local Board is meeting on a fortnightly basis for those IQNM applications that require a decision of the local Board
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing that with us. That sounds pretty devastating to be honest, I just with they'd have made that clear BEFORE I spent months sending emails, making calls, sending shit to Oz and paying for the privilege, Ah well you win some and lose some!
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Hanny76 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure how realistic this is going to be for AHPRA? Are they going to refuse re registration for the many many many dip he nurses already working in Oz? If not how is this equitable?
Old Jun 10th 2014, 7:22 pm
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

MOAN TIME

Up until Now...

I've been very patient, optimistic and determined. I haven't moaned about the obvious confusion and conflicting information that we read on here from each other about the AHPRA process - I wanted to show commitment should they be monitoring the forum -.

I believe they are totally right in expecting IQN's to meet their criteria as do the NMC with ourselves.

but...

I cannot believe that a lot of us on here have gone through all this to find out that our Diploma qualifications do not meet their criteria!!

I am so annoyed, almost angry and this should have been highlighted at the point of application. They knew the diploma wouldn't meet the criteria.

I'm really trying not to write what I'm actually saying while sat here typing.

Absolutely gutted!
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:07 pm
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

further more - still ranting...

how on earth can they tweet a generalised statement like that when we all know that different countries Diplomas are all different from each other! (think that makes sense)

I also can't believe that they aren't happy with the fact my transcript says I covered pharmacology and drug calculations - they still want more. that's like saying my passport isn't proof of identity!

Shaun
Old Jun 11th 2014, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by picto1
further more - still ranting...

how on earth can they tweet a generalised statement like that when we all know that different countries Diplomas are all different from each other! (think that makes sense)

I also can't believe that they aren't happy with the fact my transcript says I covered pharmacology and drug calculations - they still want more. that's like saying my passport isn't proof of identity!

Shaun
Shaun I feel your pain! This whole process has been one massive waste of time, money and effort! And I have washed my hands of the whole thing! Im so annoyed that no one throughout this whole process (even my case officer when I asked her directly) has told us "hey don't bother applying as you won't be accepted" but then how would they get £300 off you otherwise?!
AHPRA have not asked for any information but whats the point in sending any more information to be refused anyway? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

What I would like to know is does this mean that all the current Uk Dip He nurses out there will be refused registration when they try and renew their pin? The whole thing as pissed me off no end!
Old Jun 11th 2014, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Scirocco is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info BigMac1. I'm not feeling too optimistic now having read everyone's posts. I completely agree diplomas vary according to country where they were obtained. I've worked in critical care for the last few years, doesn't that count towards anything.

Picto1 I am in the same position as you, my transcript says everything but pharmokinetics, I contacted the agent I'm using and they said don't worry it's enough, obviously not. Wish I'd of applied to CARNE took their exam, at least I'd know one way or the other by now.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

NRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant future

Hi scirocco
Daft question probably but what CARNE

Nicola
Old Jun 11th 2014, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Sorry predictive text. CRNE � ����
Old Jun 11th 2014, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

NRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant futureNRyan2 has a brilliant future

Still don't know what that means, sorry
Old Jun 12th 2014, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NRyan2
Still don't know what that means, sorry
Canadian Reg Nurse Exam
Old Jun 13th 2014, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Kitkat 78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
I'm a band 7 midwife shift leader coordinator. I've been qualified for 10 years. My qualification is midwifery dip he, post qualifications are Mentorship and critical care at level 3.
I've already got my transcript from my university, but I'm wondering before I apply does this change in APHRA affect midwives as well?

Thanks
Kate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.