My experience so far - Applying to AHPRA

Old May 28th 2014, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Hanny76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My experience so far - Applying to AHPRA

Just reading these posts very helpful! Once you send your application to one office do you need to instruct nmc Uni school etc which office they need to send stuff to or is it sent to a central office?
Han x
Old May 28th 2014, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hanny76
Just reading these posts very helpful! Once you send your application to one office do you need to instruct nmc Uni school etc which office they need to send stuff to or is it sent to a central office?
Han x
Hi Hanny,

No theres lots of different offices so Id ask the NMC and uni to send their stuff to the office you have sent your application to, I assume thats right x
Old May 28th 2014, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

LishaNurse is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply! Fingers crossed my CV will be a-okay. I'm slightly worried that they will pull up my notarised documents as i got my friend whos a JP over here to do it for free, but he doesnt have a stamp so it all just sgnatures. hopefully thatll do though!

yeah im off to south east asia for 2 months on me todd before i end up in oz. nervous but reallllly excited hence the crazy shifts im working haha. back on the nights we go....

where you looking to work? are you getting a pr visa/going over with anyone?

Lisha x
Old May 28th 2014, 7:19 pm
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LishaNurse
Thanks for your reply! Fingers crossed my CV will be a-okay. I'm slightly worried that they will pull up my notarised documents as i got my friend whos a JP over here to do it for free, but he doesnt have a stamp so it all just sgnatures. hopefully thatll do though!

yeah im off to south east asia for 2 months on me todd before i end up in oz. nervous but reallllly excited hence the crazy shifts im working haha. back on the nights we go....

where you looking to work? are you getting a pr visa/going over with anyone?

Lisha x
Hi

AHPRAs instructions state a seal/stamp is to be used along with the standard statement - I don't want to sound a bore but if you haven't followed the instructions....
Old May 29th 2014, 11:04 am
Just Joined

carriee85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Aargh it's so frustrating at times... I really thought I'd done my research before I sent off this application, and I've had an email back to ask for more proof that I've been educated in English - as five years at English universities can't be counted. Has to be a mixture of tertiary/vocational/secondary.

Same problem with NMC as a lot of people - except that they've also written to me saying my form is outstanding so need to tell them I sent it back a while ago! (the post to Aus was quicker, apparently).

Anyway those are my grumbles, this is my question - I just heard yesterday that once registration is granted you have to present your visa, proof of address in Aus in person to an AHPRA office *within three months* of registration. But AHPRA want you to register by end of June and want my outstanding documents in the next 30 days and I get to Australia in December... I have no idea what to do, if they can put my application on hold or if (heaven forbid) I would need to apply again.

Please help!
Carrie
Old May 29th 2014, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carriee85
Aargh it's so frustrating at times... I really thought I'd done my research before I sent off this application, and I've had an email back to ask for more proof that I've been educated in English - as five years at English universities can't be counted. Has to be a mixture of tertiary/vocational/secondary.

Same problem with NMC as a lot of people - except that they've also written to me saying my form is outstanding so need to tell them I sent it back a while ago! (the post to Aus was quicker, apparently).

Anyway those are my grumbles, this is my question - I just heard yesterday that once registration is granted you have to present your visa, proof of address in Aus in person to an AHPRA office *within three months* of registration. But AHPRA want you to register by end of June and want my outstanding documents in the next 30 days and I get to Australia in December... I have no idea what to do, if they can put my application on hold or if (heaven forbid) I would need to apply again.

Please help!
Carrie
Hi Carrie,

I have heard that myself but I have also been told that the 3 month rule is not australia wide, I know that Perth have extended that to 12 months so I guess we'll have to check with the state that we've sent our application to to see what their requirements are.
If that is the case and I cant get to Oz within 3 months of receiving my LOE Im not sure i'd do it all again, maybe NZ would be less hassle!

With the NMC they did the same thing to me, sent me a letter saying they hadn't received my request then when I phoned to query this, they told me they had sorted it?! I think its just something they send out as standard when they havent done it.

I havent heard that they want you to register by june tho? What does that apply to?

Yvette
Old May 29th 2014, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

I've not heard of this restriction, (My understanding is that it's 12 months) - not too many nurses are in a position to relocate within 3 months of obtaining their registration Letter of Eligibility.

However, if you have an issue, you should take it up with your Case Officer at AHPRA. I'm sure they can delay the issue of your LOE to suit your timeframe.

Then again, this is AHPRA

Originally Posted by carriee85

Please help!
Carrie
Old May 29th 2014, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

I meant to add, it will take 3 months to get a visa sorted.
Old May 29th 2014, 11:38 am
Just Joined

carriee85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
I havent heard that they want you to register by june tho? What does that apply to?
On the front page of the AHPRA website http://www.ahpra.gov.au/ it says late registration is due by end of June... but then again that is renewals... I couldn't find anything about applying any other time or else I would have put this whole process off for a little while! Also I'm so excited about going sometimes I get ahead of myself!

I've got my visa as it's just working holiday visa. Guess I'll just have to ask them to hold of my LOE letter until September...

Thanks for your help, I feel better!
Carrie
Old May 29th 2014, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

I've asked AHPRA for an answer on the time limit, but I'd say it's unreasonable to be 3 months.
Old May 29th 2014, 6:41 pm
Shaun

Originally Posted by genorm
I've asked AHPRA for an answer on the time limit, but I'd say it's unreasonable to be 3 months.
Hi

I was told by the NT government that AHPRA will give 3 months validity on the LOE and after that people would need to reapply as an extension was unlikely.
Old May 29th 2014, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's ridiulous. How long do AHPRA think it takes to organise a visa?
Old Jun 7th 2014, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Scirocco is an unknown quantity at this point

Been reading everyones posts, it all sounds very stressful

I have recently recieved a letter of determination from ANMAC saying I have been successful. They have said my qualifications are recognised as being commensurate with at least an Australian Bachelor Degree (hope AHPRA feel the same). ANMAC hold many of my documents that i need to apply to AHPRA, has anyone else been in the same position? I know ANMAC will send them to AHPRA overnight by courier. Just don't know what to send to AHPRA as i can't remember what ANMAC already hold. Im about to apply for registration.

Just wondered if anyone else was in the same position?
Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:09 pm
Shaun

UPDATE

Hi all
it's been a month since AHPRA received the information on criteria 2,3 & 8 they requested. still no word I'm afraid.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:10 pm
Shaun

I forgot to add that my deadline to have it to them was the 4th june

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.