Midwifes Salary OZ?

Old May 8th 2004, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Brian & Lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Midwifes Salary OZ?

Hi All,

Can any of you tell me what sort of wage a newly qualified midwife will get in OZ?
Old May 9th 2004, 10:00 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: Midwifes Salary OZ?

Did you do it as a degree or as a diploma? A degree gives you an extra year on the points scale. Otherwise it depends upon how many years full-time work you have done. Also which state/territory you go to. As a Midwife you can get registered as a Midwife only or if you are a nurse as well it works out to be a RN with Midwifery endorsement. This is what i am. I have been qualified as a nurse for 6 years as a nurse and 2 years as a midwife. In Queensland i am a RN level 1 point 7 as my degree gave me an extra year. I'm looking at about $20-22 per hour roughly $1500-1700 per fortnight (private hospital). Now it's been about a month since i've looked at the wage site but it's a rough idea. If you go onto the ANCI website then there are links to the different state awards where you will find a list of the wages for nurses and midwives. Hope this is of some help. Lucy