Mental health nurse looking to move

Old Feb 18th 2016, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Ellieandjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mental health nurse looking to move

I am currently a mental health nurse in uk 3 1/2 years qualified at diploma level...
So we've recently found out that we would b best placed to get to Canada on a skilled visa, I didn't really want to work out there as our kids are very young but needs must I suppose. Via canadian government website...Should we apply for PR straight from uk?
Or go work permit route before looking for a job?
Do I need to secure a job before transferring my registration and taking all the tests?
It just seems very long winded and is it as good as they say it is out there???
Please help xx
Old Feb 18th 2016, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mental health nurse looking to move

Which province are you looking at for work? You do not need job to sort registration however you may not get a license issued until you show proof of either two or pr
Old Feb 18th 2016, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Which province are you looking at for work? You do not need job to sort registration however you may not get a license issued until you show proof of either two or pr
We don't know as we can't decide that the problem.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are RMN trained then you only have the choice of a few of the provinces on the West side. Check this link out as it will tell you the provinces that accept RMN and what you need to do to register. Home | RPNC

If you was thinking about the maritime provinces then they require you to be general trained
Old Feb 18th 2016, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
If you are RMN trained then you only have the choice of a few of the provinces on the West side. Check this link out as it will tell you the provinces that accept RMN and what you need to do to register. Home | RPNC

If you was thinking about the maritime provinces then they require you to be general trained
Thank you yes I'm Rmn trained I'm looking into to which ones X xx
Old Feb 19th 2016, 2:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ellieandjohn
Via canadian government website...Should we apply for PR straight from uk?
Or go work permit route before looking for a job?
You can't get a work permit before looking for a job - you need a job offer (and LMIA) to get a work permit, it's not the other way around.

As to whether to apply for PR or go down the work permit route, that will depend. If you definitely score enough to apply for PR without a job offer (459-480 as a minimum score on the CRS) then most people would prefer to do that. It would mean your status in Canada would be much more secure, and you can work for anybody (unlike on a temp work permit, when you are tied to your employer).

You ask about life in Canada, personally for my family the UK is better, but your question makes it sound as if you've not been before? If so, then do visit first - no point in spending £25k or so on a move to a place you've never been and might hate!

HTH, best of luck.