Mater interviews/information sessions (Manchester)

Old May 20th 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice
Default Mater interviews/information sessions (Manchester)

Hi there guys, just a reminder to all you nurses/medical profs. that Mater is interviewing and giving info sessions in Manchester Jurys Inn Hotel 23rd-26th May. (Next week!).

My g/f and myself are gonna head down on Wednesday just to get some info etc. (We're planning to start the move down under in about 1 years time) but does anyone know exactly what times the doors (so to speak) open? It doesn't mention that we need to register to come down either, it just says 'drop in'.

Has anyone been to one of these Mater things before? Worth goin to?
Old May 20th 2007, 12:19 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mater interviews/information sessions (Manchester)

Not sure what time it opens.....does the Jury hotel know?

I already have a job lined up there but will pop down for the info sessions out of curiosity!

Jackie x
Old May 21st 2007, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

FlOSSANDJO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Not sure what time it opens.....does the Jury hotel know?

I already have a job lined up there but will pop down for the info sessions out of curiosity!

Jackie x
I would be interested in going, but can't spare the time this week. If anyone goes could they post their thoughts and impressions online.

Cheers
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:52 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Will do Floss!

jackie x
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

AndyandAnge will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FlOSSANDJO
I would be interested in going, but can't spare the time this week. If anyone goes could they post their thoughts and impressions online.

Cheers
They rang the wife to see if shes going to manchester on wednesday 23rd but its to far and she would have 4 kids in tow (i`m offshore) so they are going to ring her and have a telephone interview at 9.00 am instead. But i dont think they will like it as i insist on going on a 136 and not a 457 for the security (but would love the incentives there offering) Help with relocating and accomodation! but if not i know she`ll be ok as she has 16years in Oncology.
We will post the findings when shes had the telephone call
Old May 22nd 2007, 10:02 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by AndyandAnge
They rang the wife to see if shes going to manchester on wednesday 23rd but its to far and she would have 4 kids in tow (i`m offshore) so they are going to ring her and have a telephone interview at 9.00 am instead. But i dont think they will like it as i insist on going on a 136 and not a 457 for the security (but would love the incentives there offering) Help with relocating and accomodation! but if not i know she`ll be ok as she has 16years in Oncology.
We will post the findings when shes had the telephone call
Hi andy,

I am going To Brisbane in August on a 136 and have a job offer from them after I had a telephone interview (althought nothing in writing yet) I am going to ask about the relocation package so will let you know what they say. I'm hoping they might allocate a sum of money that you can claim back when you arrive. I'll see how long they tie you in for as well, don't mind 12 months but not keen on 2 years.

Jackie
Old May 22nd 2007, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi andy,

I am going To Brisbane in August on a 136 and have a job offer from them after I had a telephone interview (althought nothing in writing yet) I am going to ask about the relocation package so will let you know what they say. I'm hoping they might allocate a sum of money that you can claim back when you arrive. I'll see how long they tie you in for as well, don't mind 12 months but not keen on 2 years.

Jackie
In a similar position to you Jackie, out in January....was offered a 457 with ENS after 12 months but have decided to go 136 if I can get it in time. I asked about relocation, and was told costs may be reimbursed up to $15000 per family and that details should be on the Mater website shortly.

I was told by HR tie in was for 4 years for a 38hr week. I'm presuming this only applies to sponsored candidates.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:57 am
Living the Dream!

Thanks for that Floss... 4 years is a long tie in if you are on a 136 though, so will see about what they say about that as like you say it might be different altogether if you are sponsored. Will let you know how it goes. I'm going to get ready in a minute and head off up there.

jackie x
Old May 23rd 2007, 2:30 pm
Living the Dream!

Hello,

I have just come back from my visit to meet the crew from the Mater. All I can say is that they are a really friendly bunch and I think I got all the info I need for now.

They are sorting me out with a special password to part of their website to get secret info from

They will pay relocation costs up to $15,000 AUD for a family which includes costs of flights, shipping, accomodation it is paid on reimbursement so you give them the receipts when you arrive and they sort it out for you.

They are going to send me written confirmation of my job offer. I have come away with a stack of info leaflets and a DVD so will tell you more when I have read through them and watched the DVD.

I think from what I heard they are aiming their recruitment drive on theatre staff, and paediatric nurses. I had a good chat with the nurse manager from paediatrics and she told me they are joining up with another hospital and doing paediatric cardiac nursing including cardiac surgery. For nurses who currently work in Adult care there will be a transition course available to prepare nurses who work with adults to look after paeds if they want a change. I overheard another lady saying there wasn't much in the way of A&E vacancies, but posts in surgery and in particular orthopaedics were available.

I was there for just over an hour and came out feeling really uplifted.
It was really busy while I was there so they have generated alot of interest. They are in the UK until 1st June so if anyone want to contact them for info I have their mobile number.

Right i will get on reading all this info and see what else I can find out.

Jackie x
Old May 23rd 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

That sounds good then

Are you going to be working part-time or full-time? I have an interview with Queensland Health in June, but i only want to work part-time hours. Do they still offer any relocation costs for part time employees or is that just full time?

Am working full time here (in UK), but could do with part time. Dont want to go all that way and then have any time to have fun with family. Would also be ideal so can settle kids in

Tracey
x
Old May 23rd 2007, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spaceys
That sounds good then

Are you going to be working part-time or full-time? I have an interview with Queensland Health in June, but i only want to work part-time hours. Do they still offer any relocation costs for part time employees or is that just full time?

Am working full time here (in UK), but could do with part time. Dont want to go all that way and then have any time to have fun with family. Would also be ideal so can settle kids in

Tracey
x
Thanks for that Jackie....did they say anything about length of tie in?
Old May 23rd 2007, 4:51 pm
Living the Dream!

Hi Tracey!

I have said i will start off working 30 hours per week and may go to full time once the family are settled. They seem to be ok with this.

Jackie x
Old May 23rd 2007, 4:54 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by FlOSSANDJO
Thanks for that Jackie....did they say anything about length of tie in?
Silly me..... I forgot to ask exactly how long the tie in period is because I got side tracked by other info they were giving me, but they basically said that if you leave for whatever reason then you would pay back a % depending on the length of time you have already worked there,which sounds fair enough to me.

jackie x
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Jackie do the Mater say anything about permanent sponsorship in the info you where given I know you have PR already so not sure if you would have found this out. Is it at the Jurys and is it just drop in?
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

AndyandAnge will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Mater interviews/information sessions (Manchester)

Hello,

I have just come back from my visit to meet the crew from the Mater. All I can say is that they are a really friendly bunch and I think I got all the info I need for now.

They are sorting me out with a special password to part of their website to get secret info from

They will pay relocation costs up to $15,000 AUD for a family which includes costs of flights, shipping, accomodation it is paid on reimbursement so you give them the receipts when you arrive and they sort it out for you.

They are going to send me written confirmation of my job offer. I have come away with a stack of info leaflets and a DVD so will tell you more when I have read through them and watched the DVD.

I think from what I heard they are aiming their recruitment drive on theatre staff, and paediatric nurses. I had a good chat with the nurse manager from paediatrics and she told me they are joining up with another hospital and doing paediatric cardiac nursing including cardiac surgery. For nurses who currently work in Adult care there will be a transition course available to prepare nurses who work with adults to look after paeds if they want a change. I overheard another lady saying there wasn't much in the way of A&E vacancies, but posts in surgery and in particular orthopaedics were available.

I was there for just over an hour and came out feeling really uplifted.
It was really busy while I was there so they have generated alot of interest. They are in the UK until 1st June so if anyone want to contact them for info I have their mobile number.

Right i will get on reading all this info and see what else I can find out.

Jackie x
Hi JFW.
I had an interview today from mater for Oncology and i got the job straight away to start march April time. They where really freindly on the phone and they asked several questions so for other ppl going here is what they asked me:
1/ The Mater Values.
2/ The Mater philosophy of care
and how would i incorporate the philosophy into cancer nursing.
3/ My past experience in Cancer care.
4/ How would i adapt to working in Australia.
5/ What could i give to the unit.
6/ Would i do the transition in Oncology course.
And that was it really (not to taxing) They where very freindly and has offered me $60000 per year plus $15000 relocation on full time days. They are quite happy for me to go on a 136 Permanent visa and will keep the job open until i get there. They are sending the offer in the mail to me so my visa is a little easier to get.
So were on our way to Brisbane just have to get visas sorted - cant wait everyone in the family is excited. Is there anybody going to be working in the Oncology ward? from here, i would like to have a chat and a laugh.:

Last edited by AndyandAnge; May 23rd 2007 at 5:49 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.