Lets share selection criteria answers re jobs

Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:38 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lets share selection criteria answers re jobs

QUOTE=mandi248]Thanks Ann, must have taken you ages to do all that. Really appreciate it.

Tried to send you some karma but I've got to spread!!

I'VE GOT A JOB it's only a level 1 but with your help I'm sure I'll be able to go for a level 2 when I get there. If we ever get there!! this house is like a rock around my neck!

Thanks again Ann.

Mandi xx[/QUOTE]

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done mand
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:46 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by amanda76
QUOTE=mandi248]Thanks Ann, must have taken you ages to do all that. Really appreciate it.

Tried to send you some karma but I've got to spread!!

I'VE GOT A JOB it's only a level 1 but with your help I'm sure I'll be able to go for a level 2 when I get there. If we ever get there!! this house is like a rock around my neck!

Thanks again Ann.

Mandi xx

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done mand[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mand, although I need to find out how flexible they are on the starting date, as our buyers still haven't found a buyer yet, it's so frustrating!! if they haven't found a buyer in the next 3 weeks we are going to put it back on the market, or at the moment we are looking into the possiblity of renting the house out, which would mean we wouldn't have a great deal of money to go out on but I'd have a job to go to. Only got the e-mail this morning offering me the job so I've got the weekend to make a decision.

mand xx
Old Nov 25th 2005, 11:14 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Would either put back on market or rent....you could put it back on the market on the understanding that if they get their house sold they are still 1st in que but if someone comes along with quicker deal it's theirs.

We had to do that as 1st buyer mucked us around for over a month, then we had 3 lots interested so just told everyone who came first with the cash gets the house and it will be left on market till definetly sold.

If you rent as long as UK rent will cover Aus rent, we pay about 600 quid or 1,200 $ per month at the moment for 4 bedrooms and reasonable garden, no pool though.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 12:09 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Thanks for all the info here, I hadn't thought that far in advance
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:14 pm

The people we had around to look were quite happy to be told they were still in with a chance and as long as they could come up with the cash it was theirs.

At the end of the day if you stick with buyer who can't buy you end up loosing out if and if they put sold subject to contract on board people stop looking at your house, so if you just leave for sale up till it's all gone through you may snag a first time buyer or someone rolling in cash with nothing to sell.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:12 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by annqldau
The people we had around to look were quite happy to be told they were still in with a chance and as long as they could come up with the cash it was theirs.

At the end of the day if you stick with buyer who can't buy you end up loosing out if and if they put sold subject to contract on board people stop looking at your house, so if you just leave for sale up till it's all gone through you may snag a first time buyer or someone rolling in cash with nothing to sell.
Our buyers have got a viewer on Thursday (who has sold) if nothing comes from that we are putting it back on the market on Monday. Thanks for the advice
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:06 pm

Good luck fingers crossed for you, hope they go through with it.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:22 pm
nursey

Good luck fingers crossed for you, hope they go through with it.
Me too, but this guy has another house to look at on Saturday will try and persuade him to look at ours as he wants a quick sale, will mean taking 15k less than the asking price, but just want to be rid of the place now, I just feel resentment to it now!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:54 pm

We were luckiy we didn't have to drop but next door neighbour dropped by 30K, but we started 10K down from his starting price and our house had more land and better layout and view.

He took the loss as he to was moving to Aus but going to Melbourne and sponsored visa so needed to go.

We did have to come on recci plus validation holiday so blew 5K that way so you loose it one way or another... .
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:14 am
nursey

We were luckiy we didn't have to drop but next door neighbour dropped by 30K, but we started 10K down from his starting price and our house had more land and better layout and view.

He took the loss as he to was moving to Aus but going to Melbourne and sponsored visa so needed to go.

We did have to come on recci plus validation holiday so blew 5K that way so you loose it one way or another... .
That's what we thought, if we have to validate it's going to cost us at least 5k and if we rent it out we won't have any or very little cash to come out on, so will seriously consider dropping the price. fingers crossed.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:35 am

What we did with our house when we considered renting was took into account how much money we would be getting in rent by the time mortgage paid on that house and any upkeep bills. Worked out how much a year that would give us profit.

Then we took what we would get cash after paying off mortgage if house sold and divided that by what we would get in rental profit to see how many years renting it would take to get same amount.

Scarily it took over 15 years to get the money you would have made selling back before you were in true profit from renting. Think in that time the money you would make by reducing house price and selling would be better used on this side to get your new life rolling, unless you are rolling in cash... .

Once you are here there is a heavy eat into your profit on this side just setting up again and without house money we would have been in a lot worse state. This way even though we know we are eating into capital can relax a little about finding jobs.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:57 am
nursey

What we did with our house when we considered renting was took into account how much money we would be getting in rent by the time mortgage paid on that house and any upkeep bills. Worked out how much a year that would give us profit.

Then we took what we would get cash after paying off mortgage if house sold and divided that by what we would get in rental profit to see how many years renting it would take to get same amount.

Scarily it took over 15 years to get the money you would have made selling back before you were in true profit from renting. Think in that time the money you would make by reducing house price and selling would be better used on this side to get your new life rolling, unless you are rolling in cash... .

Once you are here there is a heavy eat into your profit on this side just setting up again and without house money we would have been in a lot worse state. This way even though we know we are eating into capital can relax a little about finding jobs.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
Makes perfect sense, thanks Ann, my husband does all the figures and we've, or should I say he has worked out what the rent would be etc and we'd actually be out of pocket! but we are just trying to work out ways of getting out there, we now have the added pressure of me having a job, although I did speak to them last night (am for you) and they did say they were flexible on the starting date, but don't really want to keep them waiting too long, or our new lives. I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash in the end
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:20 pm

hi mand

i maybe chipping in here with what others have said, but have you tried different estate agent? or dual agents?

i really really feel for you - this must be awful, your ready to go, got visa and cant sell house! awful

good luck mate

mand
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:23 pm
nursey

Originally Posted by amanda76
hi mand

i maybe chipping in here with what others have said, but have you tried different estate agent? or dual agents?

i really really feel for you - this must be awful, your ready to go, got visa and cant sell house! awful

good luck mate

mand
Thanks mand, we are on with dual agents, even thinking of putting it on with a 3rd, a good friend of mine is going out with an estate agent so may well pick his brains! although he's away this week in Paris, how dare he go away when we need him

Have you got yours on yet?

mandx
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by mandi248
Thanks mand, we are on with dual agents, even thinking of putting it on with a 3rd, a good friend of mine is going out with an estate agent so may well pick his brains! although he's away this week in Paris, how dare he go away when we need him

Have you got yours on yet?

mandx

yes, been on two weeks and not a dickybird! no viewing or anything!
(with dbroberts! although not too impressed so far)

not desperate to sell at the moment, so will leave til new yr before coming down on estate agents like a tone of bricks!

mand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.