Lets share selection criteria answers re jobs

Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:21 pm
ad4ozz

Exclamation Lets share selection criteria answers re jobs

Hi,

Anyone who has already been there and done them or anyone who is in the middle of doing them. To make life easier for everyone I had a brainwave...I know they are few and far between. As everyone is under a lot of pressure applying, moving house/country etc. thought we could start a new thread to share selection criteria answers then people can use as examples or re-jig to suit own needs.

Selection Criteria are on all the Oz job applications, I haven't finished mine yet but finding doing them is a lot different to the English application forms and more important than the CV it seems.

I will attach mine as I complete them... .

Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:31 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lets share selection criteria answers re jobs

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Hi,

Anyone who has already been there and done them or anyone who is in the middle of doing them. To make life easier for everyone I had a brainwave...I know they are few and far between. As everyone is under a lot of pressure applying, moving house/country etc. thought we could start a new thread to share selection criteria answers then people can use as examples or re-jig to suit own needs.

Selection Criteria are on all the Oz job applications, I haven't finished mine yet but finding doing them is a lot different to the English application forms and more important than the CV it seems.

I will attach mine as I complete them... .
Good idea Ann!

I did one of these a week or so ago for a couple of posts on the Australian blood transfusion service - didn't have a clue really what to do and I found it quite difficult - will cut and paste my offerings - but bear in mind that I did this fairly quickly over an afternoon - it was my 1st time and I did it more for practice than anything else. Don't expect to hear for an interview - they said if I didn't hear in 2 weeks I was unsuccesful and its coming up for that now.

Glad you asked this Q - anyone out there know what is expected of you?

Lynn

p.s have cut and pasted below - remember that my layout was different but it didn't cut and past well on to this page size so have had to adjust things. Would love to hear feedback as to if i'm along the right lines with this - i'm not sure if what I did was correct?

Last edited by lynnlovessun; Aug 21st 2005 at 7:40 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:34 pm

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am currently a Registered General Nurse in the UK working as a Community Staff Nurse at ???????? Health Centre, Glasgow, Scotland. I hold the position of an E grade staff nurse (Senior Staff Nurse, RGN). I have attached my CV for your attention.

I hold a permanent residency visa (skilled Independent 136 visa) with no work restrictions. Myself and my husband Marc are immigrating to the Brisbane South area, arriving on 5/11/05 and are taking up permanent residency.

I would be very grateful if you could consider me for the job description below. I have addressed why I feel I am suitable for this position. I would be grateful if you could consider me for the part-time positions, Brisbane South side, and also for the full time position at Brisbane North side.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Yours Sincerely

Lynn ????????

POSITION DESCRIPTION

POSITION TITLE: Donor Services Registered Nurse (RN Div 1 Vic)
AWARD CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse Level 1
PORTFOLIO: Operations Unit
TEAM: Donor Services
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Manager – Nurse Consultant

KEY SELECTION CRITERIA

· Demonstrated leadership ability.

In my present post as a community staff nurse I regularly manage the District Nursing caseload in the absence of the District Nurse team leader. I also delegate nursing duties to more junior members of the nursing team such as our Auxiliary Nurses and Nursing students. I hold a qualification in mentorship and frequently mentor nursing students at different stages of their training.

· Demonstrated ongoing commitment towards the provision of exceptional service excellence.

I have actively participated in Audit of the District Nursing Service to ensure that service provision is seamless within our local health care cooperative.

I have also consistently developed my own nursing skills within community nursing to ensure that I provide high quality evidence based nursing practice.

· Demonstrated high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.

As a community nurse I usually work autonomously with the client and their family within the clients own home. This area of nursing requires me to implement a high standard of interpersonal skills to build a good professional relationship with the client and their family.

I liase with our G.P’s and other members of the multi disciplinary team on a daily basis to ensure excellent communication regarding the care of clients on the caseload. I have an excellent working relationship with all members of the medical practice and nursing team.

· Proven ability to identify, assess and resolve problems.

I carry out first visits to clients in the local community. A full and comprehensive assessment of the clients needs is carried out at the first visit, a plan of care is developed and the plan of care is reviewed and adapted at every follow up visit. Patients are able to contact the community nurses 24 hours per day if they are encountering any problems – I am responsible for assessing their problem and offering advice with the assistance of the District Nurse team leader and GP as necessary.

· Demonstrated commitment to fostering a positive and cohesive team environment.

We hold regular District Nurse team meetings to discuss and resolve any issues we have within the District Nursing team.

Although we are divided into community nurse teams we help each other out if one team is busier than another team.

· Proven precision and diligence in a regulated environment with the ability to adapt to changing operational priorities as they arise.

On each shift I consider the workload for the day and prioritise my visits by order of importance.

During the annual FLU vaccination campaign we need to organise our work to ensure that our regular community client’s needs are met but also that we are achieving targets set out by the government to ensure that as many eligible clients are vaccinated against the Flu virus within the timeframe.

· Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet strict deadlines.

As a community staff nurse I mainly work autonomously visiting clients in their own homes on a daily basis. A District Nurse team leader is always available to discuss any problems that arise. We often work to strict deadlines set out by the General practitioner such as bloods to be taken on certain day/ time or blood pressures to be monitored within a specified time frame. In the absence of the team leader I manage the caseload independently. I enjoy this responsibility and style of working. I also feel that I work well as part of the nursing team.

Last edited by lynnlovessun; Aug 21st 2005 at 7:37 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:43 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Dear Sir/ Madam

I am currently a Registered General Nurse in the UK working as a Community Staff Nurse at ???????? Health Centre, Glasgow, Scotland. I hold the position of an E grade staff nurse (Senior Staff Nurse, RGN). I have attached my CV for your attention.

I hold a permanent residency visa (skilled Independent 136 visa) with no work restrictions. Myself and my husband Marc are immigrating to the Brisbane South area, arriving on 5/11/05 and are taking up permanent residency.

I would be very grateful if you could consider me for the job description below. I have addressed why I feel I am suitable for this position. I would be grateful if you could consider me for the part-time positions, Brisbane South side, and also for the full time position at Brisbane North side.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Yours Sincerely

Lynn ????????

POSITION DESCRIPTION

POSITION TITLE: Donor Services Registered Nurse (RN Div 1 Vic)
AWARD CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse Level 1
PORTFOLIO: Operations Unit
TEAM: Donor Services
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Manager – Nurse Consultant

KEY SELECTION CRITERIA

· Demonstrated leadership ability.

In my present post as a community staff nurse I regularly manage the District Nursing caseload in the absence of the District Nurse team leader. I also delegate nursing duties to more junior members of the nursing team such as our Auxiliary Nurses and Nursing students. I hold a qualification in mentorship and frequently mentor nursing students at different stages of their training.

· Demonstrated ongoing commitment towards the provision of exceptional service excellence.

I have actively participated in Audit of the District Nursing Service to ensure that service provision is seamless within our local health care cooperative.

I have also consistently developed my own nursing skills within community nursing to ensure that I provide high quality evidence based nursing practice.

· Demonstrated high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.

As a community nurse I usually work autonomously with the client and their family within the clients own home. This area of nursing requires me to implement a high standard of interpersonal skills to build a good professional relationship with the client and their family.

I liase with our G.P’s and other members of the multi disciplinary team on a daily basis to ensure excellent communication regarding the care of clients on the caseload. I have an excellent working relationship with all members of the medical practice and nursing team.

· Proven ability to identify, assess and resolve problems.

I carry out first visits to clients in the local community. A full and comprehensive assessment of the clients needs is carried out at the first visit, a plan of care is developed and the plan of care is reviewed and adapted at every follow up visit. Patients are able to contact the community nurses 24 hours per day if they are encountering any problems – I am responsible for assessing their problem and offering advice with the assistance of the District Nurse team leader and GP as necessary.

· Demonstrated commitment to fostering a positive and cohesive team environment.

We hold regular District Nurse team meetings to discuss and resolve any issues we have within the District Nursing team.

Although we are divided into community nurse teams we help each other out if one team is busier than another team.

· Proven precision and diligence in a regulated environment with the ability to adapt to changing operational priorities as they arise.

On each shift I consider the workload for the day and prioritise my visits by order of importance.

During the annual FLU vaccination campaign we need to organise our work to ensure that our regular community client’s needs are met but also that we are achieving targets set out by the government to ensure that as many eligible clients are vaccinated against the Flu virus within the timeframe.

· Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet strict deadlines.

As a community staff nurse I mainly work autonomously visiting clients in their own homes on a daily basis. A District Nurse team leader is always available to discuss any problems that arise. We often work to strict deadlines set out by the General practitioner such as bloods to be taken on certain day/ time or blood pressures to be monitored within a specified time frame. In the absence of the team leader I manage the caseload independently. I enjoy this responsibility and style of working. I also feel that I work well as part of the nursing team.
Thanks for sharing. Not as daunting when you see it al there.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:55 pm
Avoiding Plates

Gary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stitch
Thanks for sharing. Not as daunting when you see it al there.

Cheers

Ginny
I agree it is a great Idea.

I haven't even started to look seriously at these yet, so this thread shall be one I watch closely.

Also, thanks for sharing Lynn.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gary&Family
I agree it is a great Idea.

I haven't even started to look seriously at these yet, so this thread shall be one I watch closely.

Also, thanks for sharing Lynn.
Thanks Lynn (and the original poster for a great idea)

That layout is really useful. I may be doing these soon so will keep a close watch here and post any I do.

I'm going to Brisbane too Lynn. Probably next year will be the permanent move as have yet to sell the house etc.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kitty4
Thanks Lynn (and the original poster for a great idea)

That layout is really useful. I may be doing these soon so will keep a close watch here and post any I do.

I'm going to Brisbane too Lynn. Probably next year will be the permanent move as have yet to sell the house etc.

Yes, thanks Lynn for that and I agree what a great idea.

I am still concentrating on the visa application and hadn't thought about applying for jobs

Becky
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 11:34 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

excellent post!
why not pm admin and ask them to put it as a sticky at the top of the nursing forum?

sue
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
excellent post!
why not pm admin and ask them to put it as a sticky at the top of the nursing forum?

sue

excellent idea, yours too sue.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:10 pm

Hey i'm looking for constructive criticism not thanks and praise!!!!!!! I haven't got an interview yet out of it so i've no idea if this is what they wanted me to do! The bullet points were the advertisers 'key selection criteria' they asked you to respond to each point. Can anyone in Australia tell me if this is the right idea i've got? Ann what are you doing?

Lynn
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:08 pm
ad4ozz

Smile Re: Lets share selection criteria answers re jobs

Good one Lynn. I need to plug my hard drive into my mothers computer to share my feeble attempts so far will do so asap. In the mean time here is a guide I found to assist us.
Attached Files

Last edited by ad4ozz; Aug 22nd 2005 at 6:11 pm. Reason: addition

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:37 pm
ad4ozz

This is one of my efforts so far but feel I may have over rambled.. ..

Assessment Criteria
C1 Demonstrated competence in patient focused care and problem solving skills at an advanced level in a defined clinical area/specialty

I am competent at provision of patient focused care working in partnership with patients and their families to plan and implement care, which directly addresses their needs. In order to do this I share knowledge and information with patients to enable them to make informed choices about their care, and access relevant services. I Endeavour to ensure that patient focused care translates to patient centred care and transposes from an organisational level down to a practitioner level. I and my allocated team members work within my employers policies, procedures and directives whilst upholding standards and delivering care in keeping with the Code of Practice for Midwives.
In my practice I have competently provided patient centred care at an advanced level. I have achieved this by working in collaboration with patient, their families, the interdisciplinary team, and community groups to achieve optimum outcomes. I use a method of ‘assessing, planning, implementation and evaluating’ to centre care around the needs of patient and their families:

Assessing: I use communication skills to listen to patient’s needs and/or concerns, and clarifying my understanding of the patients needs and care issues by asking relevant questions.

· Planning: As team leader after agreeing the focus of care with the patient and relevant others I plan who will carry out care as delegation may be required or referral to an appropriate professional or service, what are the most appropriate methods to facilitate delivery of evidence based care and achievement of optimum patient health, when care interventions are to take place to meet the needs of the patient and service, where care is to be carried out taking into account environmental considerations and how mine and the teams nursing knowledge and skills will be implemented in practice to achieve the overall outcomes.

· Implementation: I am capable and competent at transferring my knowledge and skills into the delivery of planned care using the appropriate tools and resources. In my role as team leader where necessary I am responsible for also delegating implementation of care to the appropriate member of staff of the correct level and with the necessary knowledge and skills to provide the planned care.

· Evaluating: I am competent in target setting to allow review of whether care implemented has been effective in producing the optimal outcome for the
· Patient. I use subjective and objective evaluation skills along with direct dialogue with the patient and significant others to ensure all needs have been met. During this process review dates may need to be extended or if present care is ineffective the cycle of the nursing process may need to commence again to ensure fulfillment of needs.

At all times I clearly document these steps so that the patient and other members of the interdisciplinary team are aware of what has been planned and/or done (with consent when necessary), and whether effective intervention has resulted.
I pay particular attention to ensuring documentation is of a high standard at all times and I am aware that at a future date it may be needed to serve as evidence of care in case of legal action or complaints.

Problem solving is an integral component of patient centered care I endeavor to use as a guide plan, organize, motivate and implement to ensure completion of goals. I have used this method to problem solve at an advanced level within my scope of practice, reducing unnecessary involvement of medical staff. As an autonomous practitioner experienced at working in the community setting as the
Lead professional I competently problem solve under pressure without always having medical assistance available. Past experience has included covering emergency situations, unexpected life threatening patient complications and adverse weather, unforeseen staff shortages, volatile family dynamics in patient’s household and general service and patient care from a micro to macro level.

In the position of Specialist Practitioner/Team Leader I would use my problem solving skills to also:
· Assist colleagues with problem solving both in the clinical area or other work-related areas.
· To address problems within the team, for example if the team was not achieving an optimal outcome, or not functioning effectively integrating appraisal into the process to ensure achievable targets and goals.
· To address problems in the organisation and structure of care, for example if an area of care is not cost effective or evidence based care in line with reputable research was not being implemented.

I feel I demonstrate competence in patient focused care and problem solving skills at an advanced level and can continue to do so in any defined clinical area/specialty

It's all very scarey compared to UK application.. :scared: .

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
This is one of my efforts so far but feel I may have over rambled.. ..

Assessment Criteria
C1 Demonstrated competence in patient focused care and problem solving skills at an advanced level in a defined clinical area/specialty

I am competent at provision of patient focused care working in partnership with patients and their families to plan and implement care, which directly addresses their needs. In order to do this I share knowledge and information with patients to enable them to make informed choices about their care, and access relevant services. I Endeavour to ensure that patient focused care translates to patient centred care and transposes from an organisational level down to a practitioner level. I and my allocated team members work within my employers policies, procedures and directives whilst upholding standards and delivering care in keeping with the Code of Practice for Midwives.
In my practice I have competently provided patient centred care at an advanced level. I have achieved this by working in collaboration with patient, their families, the interdisciplinary team, and community groups to achieve optimum outcomes. I use a method of ‘assessing, planning, implementation and evaluating’ to centre care around the needs of patient and their families:

Assessing: I use communication skills to listen to patient’s needs and/or concerns, and clarifying my understanding of the patients needs and care issues by asking relevant questions.

· Planning: As team leader after agreeing the focus of care with the patient and relevant others I plan who will carry out care as delegation may be required or referral to an appropriate professional or service, what are the most appropriate methods to facilitate delivery of evidence based care and achievement of optimum patient health, when care interventions are to take place to meet the needs of the patient and service, where care is to be carried out taking into account environmental considerations and how mine and the teams nursing knowledge and skills will be implemented in practice to achieve the overall outcomes.

· Implementation: I am capable and competent at transferring my knowledge and skills into the delivery of planned care using the appropriate tools and resources. In my role as team leader where necessary I am responsible for also delegating implementation of care to the appropriate member of staff of the correct level and with the necessary knowledge and skills to provide the planned care.

· Evaluating: I am competent in target setting to allow review of whether care implemented has been effective in producing the optimal outcome for the
· Patient. I use subjective and objective evaluation skills along with direct dialogue with the patient and significant others to ensure all needs have been met. During this process review dates may need to be extended or if present care is ineffective the cycle of the nursing process may need to commence again to ensure fulfillment of needs.

At all times I clearly document these steps so that the patient and other members of the interdisciplinary team are aware of what has been planned and/or done (with consent when necessary), and whether effective intervention has resulted.
I pay particular attention to ensuring documentation is of a high standard at all times and I am aware that at a future date it may be needed to serve as evidence of care in case of legal action or complaints.

Problem solving is an integral component of patient centered care I endeavor to use as a guide plan, organize, motivate and implement to ensure completion of goals. I have used this method to problem solve at an advanced level within my scope of practice, reducing unnecessary involvement of medical staff. As an autonomous practitioner experienced at working in the community setting as the
Lead professional I competently problem solve under pressure without always having medical assistance available. Past experience has included covering emergency situations, unexpected life threatening patient complications and adverse weather, unforeseen staff shortages, volatile family dynamics in patient’s household and general service and patient care from a micro to macro level.

In the position of Specialist Practitioner/Team Leader I would use my problem solving skills to also:
· Assist colleagues with problem solving both in the clinical area or other work-related areas.
· To address problems within the team, for example if the team was not achieving an optimal outcome, or not functioning effectively integrating appraisal into the process to ensure achievable targets and goals.
· To address problems in the organisation and structure of care, for example if an area of care is not cost effective or evidence based care in line with reputable research was not being implemented.

I feel I demonstrate competence in patient focused care and problem solving skills at an advanced level and can continue to do so in any defined clinical area/specialty

It's all very scarey compared to UK application.. :scared: .

Wow, Mine wouldn't read like that when can you start !!! lol

Thanks for that

Becky x
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:07 pm
ad4ozz

Problem is they will have fell asleep by the time they read all of that...lol.

Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:08 pm
ad4ozz

keep them coming the more the merrier...gets us all a job... .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.