It's started !

Old Oct 12th 2004, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough
Default Re: It's started !

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I was on a night-shift last night and tonight - not allowed to sleep!! (Well, had a couple of hours today)

Retrain as a nurse - can you do that in Aus? What about doing initial training there which has been started in UK (asking for someone else) do you know?
(Are you serious or is this just a ploy)

Glad to hear that you are going to be legal
Cas
Just a ploy so I can post 'legal' without the stalker badge!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:27 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Talking Re: It's started !

Hi,
As you see from my posts, things have moved on really quickly - got registration and job (sponsored) in Melbourne - just waiting to get visa which I am applying for on Mon 18th - been told it will take a month to come through. Having said that I won't be leaving until early/mid January to start work at the end of that month. I've got 14 shifts left to do at present ward - then FREE TIME!!
What about yourself? What type of nursing are you doing (you are a nurse? - only asking 'cause one of the biggest messengers on this particular forum is Ecando - and he's in IT!) And which visa are you going for?
Noticed you have only just joined 'Expats' - well it's great - informative and fun. It's fantastic to talk to people who understand what you're going through as well - very friendly, even though it is not likely that you will meet many (having said that - there are exceptions (re: meeting people - but thats another story!! )
Cas
Hi Cas In answer to your post, yes I am a nurse, currently working as a school health adviser, - spen dmost of my time talking to kids about sex... can I talk abou it on this site? Hoping to get a job out there but hopefully getting a visa via my husband.... they do have their uses! I must admit I am a bit confused about do I apply for jobs beforhand or wait until I get out there, do we register etc etc... oh so naive, any help appreciated.
This is such a great site, now my 10 year old daughter is hooked linking up with others of her age. How is your visa going and which one are you going for etc time scales etc and meds... I take it that means medicals? Maybe I can go on a expat thread study day would that count a CPD? :scared:
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ecando
Just a ploy so I can post 'legal' without the stalker badge!
You wicked man!!
Badge is stuck!
Cas
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:48 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Caroline and WELL DONE!!!

Congrats on gettin the job and aren't things moooovin fast! Scary eh :scared:

Will there be another meet before you go., We missed the last one on the 10th Sept cos we didn't know about the forum then. We only heard about it from friends that flew over to Brisbane on Sunday (Should be there now).
We have only just sent off our application to Go Matilda for the assesment but we are holding out hopes that we can get over there first half of next year. Rich is a nurse and works at the City in respiratory.

speak to ya soon
Ang
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie

Will there be another meet before you go., We missed the last one on the 10th Sept cos we didn't know about the forum then. We only heard about it from friends that flew over to Brisbane on Sunday (Should be there now).
We have only just sent off our application to Go Matilda for the assesment but we are holding out hopes that we can get over there first half of next year. Rich is a nurse and works at the City in respiratory.

speak to ya soon
Ang
Hi

Where are you heading to?

If you're heading to Adelaide there are a couple of meets planned in the next few weeks, see social section on http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/index
Old Oct 12th 2004, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

speak to ya soon
Ang
Hi Ang,
Should be another meet-up sometime next month or Dec - if it's the latter, then it will be a goodbye from me
Will be nice if you could come this time - either Signman Glen (arranger of last one) or I will post a thread on the Aus/NZ forum soon - I'll PM him to get something sorted soon. Perhaps something could be arranged anyway - need to fill my time seeing as I'll be out of a job soon!!
Cas
Old Oct 12th 2004, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by primrose
Hi

If you're heading to Adelaide there are a couple of meets planned in the next few weeks, see social section on http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/index
Hi Primrose, I'm going to Melbourne area - got my job with North Western Mental Health.
You going to Adelaide then? How're thing going for you?
Cas
Old Oct 12th 2004, 6:18 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by primrose
Hi

Hi Primrose

We are heading for Brisbane. We have friends over there and as ew have 2 young girls we thought it would be easier on them.

Thanks for the link though.
Good Luck
Old Oct 12th 2004, 6:24 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Hi Ang,
Should be another meet-up sometime next month or Dec - if it's the latter, then it will be a goodbye from me
Will be nice if you could come this time - either Signman Glen (arranger of last one) or I will post a thread on the Aus/NZ forum soon - I'll PM him to get something sorted soon. Perhaps something could be arranged anyway - need to fill my time seeing as I'll be out of a job soon!!
Cas
Hi Cas

You are the 1st user that I have seen that actually comes from Stoke do you know of any more? It would be great if something could be organised and will come if we can sort it out between Rich's shifts.

Bet you are counting the hours now not the shifts. Any luck with your house? We had ours valued last week and are going to put it on the market end Nov.

Rich would like to know if it is cheaper doing it yourself rather than goin through a migration agency. Nurse Claire used Affinity agency are they any good?

Ang
Old Oct 12th 2004, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

Hi Cas

You are the 1st user that I have seen that actually comes from Stoke do you know of any more? It would be great if something could be organised and will come if we can sort it out between Rich's shifts.

Bet you are counting the hours now not the shifts. Any luck with your house? We had ours valued last week and are going to put it on the market end Nov.

Rich would like to know if it is cheaper doing it yourself rather than goin through a migration agency. Nurse Claire used Affinity agency are they any good?

Ang
I'm with Affinity - they have been excellent. I've got to go now to go to work, but will PM you tomorrow with info.
Cas
Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=vivi]Hi Cas In answer to your post, yes I am a nurse, currently working as a school health adviser, - spen dmost of my time talking to kids about sex... can I talk abou it on this site? QUOTE]

Hi Vivi

Rather than talk to kids about sex why not put a few words on this sight for us men who are married to nurses that work nights

Rich
Old Oct 13th 2004, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=RAG62]
Originally Posted by vivi
Hi Cas In answer to your post, yes I am a nurse, currently working as a school health adviser, - spen dmost of my time talking to kids about sex... can I talk abou it on this site? QUOTE]

Hi Vivi

Rather than talk to kids about sex why not put a few words on this sight for us men who are married to nurses that work nights

Rich
I would like to distance myself from the comments made by Rich LOL

Last edited by ecando; Oct 13th 2004 at 3:34 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apologies all round for the comments (now my past husband!!!) made.He is going through the male menopause!
Normally I'm leaning over his shoulder vetting all his replies but this one slipped in.Now I'm off to the chemist to get him some bromide!
What concerns me is I haven't worked nights for 4yrs so who does he think he has been sleeping with at nights? What a worry !
TTFN
Gill

QUOTE=RAG62]
Originally Posted by vivi
Hi Cas In answer to your post, yes I am a nurse, currently working as a school health adviser, - spen dmost of my time talking to kids about sex... can I talk abou it on this site? QUOTE]

Hi Vivi

Rich
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAG62
Apologies all round for the comments (now my past husband!!!) made.He is going through the male menopause!
Normally I'm leaning over his shoulder vetting all his replies but this one slipped in.Now I'm off to the chemist to get him some bromide!
What concerns me is I haven't worked nights for 4yrs so who does he think he has been sleeping with at nights? What a worry !
TTFN
Gill
QUOTE=RAG62]
I don't know- turn your back for a minute and wifey shows you up - menopause indeed!
Rich
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAG62
I don't know- turn your back for a minute and wifey shows you up - menopause indeed!
Rich
At least the 'Who Wears The Trousers In Rich's House' debate can be put to bed then !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.