It's started !

Old Oct 4th 2004, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's started !

Hi everyone - quick update.
Got my registration last week and have my hospital interview tomorrow morning at 7am
Keep you fingers and toes crossed - and any other bits too please - also in need of some Karma!! And a JD or something after!
Cas x
Old Oct 4th 2004, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Hi everyone - quick update.
Got my registration last week and have my hospital interview tomorrow morning at 7am
Keep you fingers and toes crossed - and any other bits too please - also in need of some Karma!! And a JD or something after!
Cas x
Good luck with the interview, 7am :scared:
let us all know how you get on
Di
Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Good luck with the interview, 7am :scared:
let us all know how you get on
Di
Hi, Got the job, very nice man interviewed me - being all the nicer for giving me the job that I wanted.
Have to say I have never had an interview wearing just a dressing gown, cig in one hand and a coffee in front of me!
Cas
Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Hi, Got the job, very nice man interviewed me - being all the nicer for giving me the job that I wanted.
Have to say I have never had an interview wearing just a dressing gown, cig in one hand and a coffee in front of me!
Cas

Well done Cas.

Didn't use webcam then!!!

Lisa
Old Oct 5th 2004, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by primrose
Well done Cas.

Didn't use webcam then!!!

Lisa
No - would never have got the job if we had - you should have seen the state of me after no sleep at that time of the morning! Felt like I had just finished a night-shift!
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

No - would never have got the job if we had - you should have seen the state of me after no sleep at that time of the morning! Felt like I had just finished a night-shift!
Hi Caroline!
Long time no speaky!!!
WELL DONE with the job ... Laura has a job in Melbourne too !!!! PM me and let me know the hospital???

Jez

Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ecando
Hi Caroline!
Long time no speaky!!!
WELL DONE with the job ... Laura has a job in Melbourne too !!!! PM me and let me know the hospital???

Jez

Cheers Jez - WELL DONE to Laura as well!
Not sure exactly which hospital yet, but it is within the North Western Mental Health group - so either the Royal Melbourne, Sunshine or Western Hospital.
What about Laura?
Due to start work last week of January - but going to Melbourne 2 weeks before that to sort myself out. When are you planning to go?
Handing my notice in today - will be finishing work 5th November - time off to see family and friends and sell up and REST !!
I've been on holiday, noticed you have not been about though - you on holiday as well?

Cas
Old Oct 7th 2004, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Not sure exactly which hospital yet, but it is within the North Western Mental Health group - so either the Royal Melbourne, Sunshine or Western Hospital.
What about Laura?
Due to start work last week of January - but going to Melbourne 2 weeks before that to sort myself out. When are you planning to go?
Handing my notice in today - will be finishing work 5th November - time off to see family and friends and sell up and REST !!
I've been on holiday, noticed you have not been about though - you on holiday as well?

Cas
Hi Cas ...
Laura has got a job at Epworth Hospital, right the centre of Melbourne.
When are we planning to go?? Well.... we need the visa first ! (small obstacle! ) then we are going to spend time with friends in the south of France, and head off from there. Laura plans to do the same as you ... get over there, and have a few weeks off before starting ...
Haven't been around for a while as I went a little stir crazy, and then helped our friends move to south of France ... where it is absolutely idyllic!!! Got back a few days ago, so I thought it's about time I got posting again.

Jez
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:26 am
Just Joined

suemalpass is an unknown quantity at this point

What about Laura?

Cas
hi cas....well done on everything achieved so quickly.....well done on handing in your notice...can't wait to do the same.....what a s**t organisation we work for. their loss matey... will they have anybody left????
news not so good from our end....house not sold or even had a reasonable offer....been getting very frustrated so decided to decorate lounge/dining room this w/end resulting in a fall off steps for me...off work with back pain...this week..hopefully will be better and back to work next week????? have been getting quite despondent and save a miracle there is no way that we will be out in jan as originally planned...really got quite down abou this as it would have been ideal timing for schooling etc etc.. had a good chat with shaun. sz that the house will sell eventually.. we've just got to hold the dream and adjust our plans accordingly...wisely raised the point that if we were moving to cornwall we would not wait until the new school year to do it...kids DO adapt easily to new situations. soooo...watch this space.....shall we do the moorlands at xmas... should be a @see you on the other side@ do for you!!!!!! once again well done...see u soon
sue
Old Oct 9th 2004, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering where this thread had gotten to. Doh!

Well I've congratulated you already......so I'll congratulate you again! Any excuse for a JD eh?
Old Oct 10th 2004, 12:57 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Question Re: It's started !

Hi fellow nurses,
You may think I'm daft, but I don't care.The police have cashed my cheque for my Subject Access !!!! This means my journey to Oz has begun and that means I am excited - so just wanted to tell someone who understands.
Caroline
Hi Carolie,no you are not daft,I got excited just sending of the police check! We are using an agent and I feel helpless as I am not controlling it (power freak!) Husband has got a job to go to out there, just playing the waiting game. Everyday we discuss "when ...or if we are allowed to go out!" In the meantime good luck, will let you know when our cheque is cashed!
Vi
Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by vivi
Hi Carolie,no you are not daft,I got excited just sending of the police check! We are using an agent and I feel helpless as I am not controlling it (power freak!) Husband has got a job to go to out there, just playing the waiting game. Everyday we discuss "when ...or if we are allowed to go out!" In the meantime good luck, will let you know when our cheque is cashed!
Vi
Hi,
As you see from my posts, things have moved on really quickly - got registration and job (sponsored) in Melbourne - just waiting to get visa which I am applying for on Mon 18th - been told it will take a month to come through. Having said that I won't be leaving until early/mid January to start work at the end of that month. I've got 14 shifts left to do at present ward - then FREE TIME!!
What about yourself? What type of nursing are you doing (you are a nurse? - only asking 'cause one of the biggest messengers on this particular forum is Ecando - and he's in IT!) And which visa are you going for?
Noticed you have only just joined 'Expats' - well it's great - informative and fun. It's fantastic to talk to people who understand what you're going through as well - very friendly, even though it is not likely that you will meet many (having said that - there are exceptions (re: meeting people - but thats another story!! )
Cas
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Hi, another update - someone stop the train! - just booked DHL to come to pick up Visa docs on Monday - going for the LSBV which I shall apply for online - told it take 3 to 4 weeks!!
Having a great time at work with only 13 shifts to do - never enjoyed work so much!!

Looking forward to tracking the sacred package.

Take care everyone,
Cas
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi, another update - someone stop the train! - just booked DHL to come to pick up Visa docs on Monday - going for the LSBV which I shall apply for online - told it take 3 to 4 weeks!!
Having a great time at work with only 13 shifts to do - never enjoyed work so much!!

Looking forward to tracking the sacred package.

Take care everyone,
Cas
Hi Cas! Me thinks you're a little excited!
Don't forget to ... and keep us all updated! (I've decided to retrain as a nurse ... so I can post here legit!)
Jez
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ecando
Hi Cas! Me thinks you're a little excited!
Don't forget to ... and keep us all updated! (I've decided to retrain as a nurse ... so I can post here legit!)
Jez
I was on a night-shift last night and tonight - not allowed to sleep!! (Well, had a couple of hours today)

Retrain as a nurse - can you do that in Aus? What about doing initial training there which has been started in UK (asking for someone else) do you know?
(Are you serious or is this just a ploy)

Glad to hear that you are going to be legal
Cas

Last edited by carolinegorka; Oct 12th 2004 at 3:40 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.