It's started !

Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:05 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's started !

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Sorry - I am friendly !
Where about in Melbourne are you heading and when? Has your wife got a job there yet ?
We could be neighbours and then I can slur you in person
Thanks for the attachment - I shall try to work it out, but am a bit thick when it comes to computers......
The picture that probably best describes me is probably a gypsy (no, not a thieving tinker) or so someone recently told me.....I don't THINK they meant a tinker
Hooray ! done it.....have you you got any pictures of tinkers.....I mean gypsies?
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Hooray ! done it.....have you you got any pictures of tinkers.....I mean gypsies?
Nope ... but got this one ...
Attached Images  
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Where about in Melbourne are you heading and when? Has your wife got a job there yet ?
We don't know ... looking on the net is fine, but until you can get there and see it for real

We are planning to go .... well ... as soon we get the visa! The only thing we really need do is sell Laura's car, and that's not gonna keep us here!

We plan to go (wherever) and have 2-4 weeks 'working holiday' and check out places/schools/jobs etc as well as doing the touristy bit....

'Bout you??
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ecando
We don't know ... looking on the net is fine, but until you can get there and see it for real

We are planning to go .... well ... as soon we get the visa! The only thing we really need do is sell Laura's car, and that's not gonna keep us here!

We plan to go (wherever) and have 2-4 weeks 'working holiday' and check out places/schools/jobs etc as well as doing the touristy bit....

'Bout you??
Should be there by Feb as I am going on this 'quick' visa. Got to sell house and my car as well - tempted to ship it over as I love it (the car not the house!) but it would probably cost loads.
I've never been to Melbourne either - but that is me all over......
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Should be there by Feb as I am going on this 'quick' visa. Got to sell house and my car as well - tempted to ship it over as I love it (the car not the house!) but it would probably cost loads.
I've never been to Melbourne either - but that is me all over......
Lots of hidden costs with shipping cars .... import taxes etc ...

Feb? That's not too bad ... we don't know when we'll get 'the nod' (assuming they want us!) ... meds were signed for on Monday, so now it's a waiting game ... but at least I'm being kept busy ! LOL

If you've never been to Melbourne... why?
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:37 am
Account Closed

Lots of hidden costs with shipping cars .... import taxes etc ...

Feb? That's not too bad ... we don't know when we'll get 'the nod' (assuming they want us!) ... meds were signed for on Monday, so now it's a waiting game ... but at least I'm being kept busy ! LOL

If you've never been to Melbourne... why?
Why Melbourne ?- just know from friends who have visited/lived there that it is a great city, with countryside and mountains and beaches near(ish) Also like the sound of the culture side of it.
Also, like I said, I am a bit rash - well, I like to try new things, if it doesn't work out, then at least I've tried - don't believe in regrets. I suppose I am the typical sagittarian (if you believe in all that).
Anyway time is getting on - don't want to be late for work and I'm not even dressed yet - well not in my uniform anyway!! Nice 'talking' to you again
Cas
Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Why Melbourne ?- just know from friends who have visited/lived there that it is a great city, with countryside and mountains and beaches near(ish) Also like the sound of the culture side of it.
Also, like I said, I am a bit rash - well, I like to try new things, if it doesn't work out, then at least I've tried - don't believe in regrets. I suppose I am the typical sagittarian (if you believe in all that).
Anyway time is getting on - don't want to be late for work and I'm not even dressed yet - well not in my uniform anyway!! Nice 'talking' to you again
Cas

For all you folks planning on going to Victoria, have you seen this new site

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx

It's similar to the Adelaidebrits site.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by primrose
For all you folks planning on going to Victoria, have you seen this new site

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx

It's similar to the Adelaidebrits site.
Cheers for that - I am at work atthe moment (quiet day) but will have a look later.
Cas
Old Sep 13th 2004, 6:07 pm
Account Closed

Hi all, phoned NBV last night & they told me that they need one more signature from big boss at work, and my registration is complete - next - the interview next month, so could have visa for my birthday/Christmas!
This 457 thing is going soooo quick - panicking a bit now as haven't had any viewers for my house for a couple of weeks - might raffle it off, or take it to the autumn jumble sale in my local village hall.
Cas
Old Sep 13th 2004, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all, phoned NBV last night & they told me that they need one more signature from big boss at work, and my registration is complete - next - the interview next month, so could have visa for my birthday/Christmas!
This 457 thing is going soooo quick - panicking a bit now as haven't had any viewers for my house for a couple of weeks - might raffle it off, or take it to the autumn jumble sale in my local village hall.
Cas
I'll give you £100 for the house!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 9:21 am
Account Closed

I'll give you £100 for the house!
Done ! - for £150 you can have my car - very nice it is too
Cas
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Done ! - for £150 you can have my car - very nice it is too
Cas
Hi Cas,

I didn't know you were going to Melb'n? It's a nice city, good restaurants, trams, and the Melbourne Market is fantastic for fresh produce.

I lived in Emerald, just east of Melb'n up in the Dandenong Ranges for two months. That's where they filmed that cheesy soap 'A Country Practice'.
It was actually a really nice place. I can't see myself living anywhere much bigger when I get to Aus, quite frankly, though having the city nearby was pretty handy for lots of stuff.

The countryside to the north and west of Melb'n is quite dry open farmland, to the South East and South West beyond Geelong are some lovely wetter coastal areas with really beautiful scenery.....mountain Ash forests, giant tree ferns...oh, and the Penguin Parade at Phillip Island plus lots of Koalas on that island too.

Tony.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Hi Cas,

I didn't know you were going to Melb'n? It's a nice city, good restaurants, trams, and the Melbourne Market is fantastic for fresh produce.

I lived in Emerald, just east of Melb'n up in the Dandenong Ranges for two months. That's where they filmed that cheesy soap 'A Country Practice'.
It was actually a really nice place. I can't see myself living anywhere much bigger when I get to Aus, quite frankly, though having the city nearby was pretty handy for lots of stuff.

The countryside to the north and west of Melb'n is quite dry open farmland, to the South East and South West beyond Geelong are some lovely wetter coastal areas with really beautiful scenery.....mountain Ash forests, giant tree ferns...oh, and the Penguin Parade at Phillip Island plus lots of Koalas on that island too.

Tony.
Got any pictures? I am a country girl, so won't be living in the city - looking for nice country areas not too far for commuting. Need space and beauty around me - also love the sea.
Cas
ps nursin reg should be through next week - interview 2/3 weeks after, nomination number 3 weeks after that - then a month for the 457 visa - hooray! Visa for birthday - what a pressie! (hopefully!!!!!)

Where is ecando the nurse stalker? Sneaked on a Qantas plane as a piece of luggage?

Last edited by carolinegorka; Sep 15th 2004 at 10:07 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 2:01 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Got any pictures? I am a country girl, so won't be living in the city - looking for nice country areas not too far for commuting. Need space and beauty around me - also love the sea.
Cas
ps nursin reg should be through next week - interview 2/3 weeks after, nomination number 3 weeks after that - then a month for the 457 visa - hooray! Visa for birthday - what a pressie! (hopefully!!!!!)

Where is ecando the nurse stalker? Sneaked on a Qantas plane as a piece of luggage?

Lewts see some pictures
Old Sep 16th 2004, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Covenant
Lewts see some pictures
And what would you like to see pictures of..........?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.