It's gone quiet again!

Old Jul 8th 2005, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default It's gone quiet again!

It's a bit quiet around here again recently. Not surprising in light of yesterdays events I suppose.

Just wondering how everyone is?

I need to keep chatting whilst "waiting". It keeps me going.

So, who's gonna be next to get their grant?

Let me know how you're all doing

Claire. x
Old Jul 8th 2005, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: It's gone quiet again!

Hi

Im not on so much lately as Bt Yahoo broadband have not yet activated my account at our 'new' house. I can only access t'internet when at work or sometimes at my sisters house on a weekend for 10 minutes. Just phoned BT and they say my BB will be activated at the new number on 14th July. So I pay for a month and only get to use it for 1/2 a month.

Been a lot of 'got its' lately, but some are from January applicants and beyond. Getting excited but I think I have to stay realistic and not expect anything too soon. Kepp thinking about lynnelovessun, who got hers after 12 weeks and 1 day. It is 10 weeks today for us. :scared:

Hang on in there. Nothing we can do to make things go any quicker I suppose. Do you think nurses are getting visas quicker than other trades on the MODL?

Paul
Old Jul 8th 2005, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paulb
Hi

Im not on so much lately as Bt Yahoo broadband have not yet activated my account at our 'new' house. I can only access t'internet when at work or sometimes at my sisters house on a weekend for 10 minutes. Just phoned BT and they say my BB will be activated at the new number on 14th July. So I pay for a month and only get to use it for 1/2 a month.

Been a lot of 'got its' lately, but some are from January applicants and beyond. Getting excited but I think I have to stay realistic and not expect anything too soon. Kepp thinking about lynnelovessun, who got hers after 12 weeks and 1 day. It is 10 weeks today for us. :scared:

Hang on in there. Nothing we can do to make things go any quicker I suppose. Do you think nurses are getting visas quicker than other trades on the MODL?

Paul
Great to hear from you. Tis a bit of a nuisance about your BB.
There have been lots of grants since the beginning of the month, but not sure if nurses are going through quicker or not?
So, its 10 weeks for you Paul, and approx the same for Ang and Rich. It's been 6 weeks since I sent mine.
Who else is waiting? What you up to?
Old Jul 8th 2005, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys,

sent ours off today, but ours is rsms visa so different from yours.
apparantly pretty quick....but we will see.
got to wait for my registration first...taking ages
keep smiling and i will keep my fingers crossed for everyone
trish
xx
Old Jul 8th 2005, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Great to hear from you. Tis a bit of a nuisance about your BB.
There have been lots of grants since the beginning of the month, but not sure if nurses are going through quicker or not?
So, its 10 weeks for you Paul, and approx the same for Ang and Rich. It's been 6 weeks since I sent mine.
Who else is waiting? What you up to?

Moved into a friends house last week, she has moved in with her new partner, so she is letting us use her house for a while. Just feel really unsettled, we want to go now. Im sick of work and finding it difficult to get motivated. Hope we get this visa soon.

Paul
Old Jul 8th 2005, 12:37 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

afternoon everyone,

feeling a bit deflated, I've only been waiting just over 4 weeks since DIMIA received my application and it seems like a lifetime.

Been checking out austimeline and it appears that some NON MODL applications have been granted visas before MODL.

I do hope that nurses are still "fastracked" ( if anyone actually understands what that means). I have a feeling that it is all down to the CO allocated to your file as to how long you'll end up waiting.

Anyways, have pre booked medicals at Nottingham for August 2nd so that'll be something to look forward to I guess.

good luck to all still waiting

Tinkaxx
Old Jul 8th 2005, 5:39 pm
ad4ozz

It's hard to find time to get on whilst doing CV's, looking for jobs, emptying house, going to work and having a nervous breakdown... :scared: :scared: :scared: .

In the end the visa came quite quickly it was the sell the house bit that slowed the thing up. Like Paul says though once the house is sold you just want to go because the living in England bit becomes so surreal like an out of body experience... .

But flights booked and fingers crossed no last minute hitches with the house.

Old Jul 9th 2005, 12:45 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not been around for a week as was holidaying up north of Scotland (the weather was beautiful in Ullapool) for 3 nights.

Laptop's space bar broke down so its back being repaired under warranty

Marc decided to reformat my mums PC as it was so slow but lost the drivers for NTL broadband - its working now, and a lot faster too.

Oz wise i've sent application pack off to HSBC to open an online Australian bank account - far less charges than Commonwealth bank - Forms were a bit of a marathon though and we had to go into Glasgow HSBC to get ID photocopied and certified - you then forward application pack onto the international branch in London - If you phone the International branch they will send you the forms out - it is possible to open the account from the UK and they have a list of acceptable forms of UK ID. The online account required a $2000 AUD bankers draft to open your account so we had to organise that too off our bank - thankfully it came 2 days later!

Job wise I keep an eye on the job market but e-mails i've had, have all said phone when I arrive in Brisbane for current community nurse jobs - its not like the wards where they are really short staffed, however with my community experience here I should hopefully get a job ok.

Still surviving living back at my mums but ultimately we are on the countdown to leaving now - 3 months and 3 weeks till we go! We are all set to leave next week but we just want to save as much money as possible over the next 3 months so we don't run out of money when we get there.

Lynn xxx
Old Jul 9th 2005, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
I've not been around for a week as was holidaying up north of Scotland (the weather was beautiful in Ullapool) for 3 nights.

Marc decided to reformat my mums PC as it was so slow but lost the drivers for NTL broadband - its working now, and a lot faster too.

Oz wise i've sent application pack off to HSBC to open an online Australian bank account - far less charges than Commonwealth bank - Forms were a bit of a marathon though and we had to go into Glasgow HSBC to get ID photocopied and certified - you then forward application pack onto the international branch in London - If you phone the International branch they will send you the forms out - it is possible to open the account from the UK and they have a list of acceptable forms of UK ID. The online account required a $2000 AUD bankers draft to open your account so we had to organise that too off our bank - thankfully it came 2 days later!

Job wise I keep an eye on the job market but e-mails i've had, have all said phone when I arrive in Brisbane for current community nurse jobs - its not like the wards where they are really short staffed, however with my community experience here I should hopefully get a job ok.

Still surviving living back at my mums but ultimately we are on the countdown to leaving now - 3 months and 3 weeks till we go! We are all set to leave next week but we just want to save as much money as possible over the next 3 months so we don't run out of money when we get there.

Lynn xxx
Lovely to hear from you Lynn! Was wondering where you had got to lately.
Have PM'd you.
Claire. x
Old Jul 9th 2005, 6:56 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun

Lynn xxx

HI LYNN

how "in limbo" you must feel, but i am glad that its now all sorted for you and its just a bit more of a waiting game..............!! you are being sensible waiting, not sure if i could do the same, but im sure if i put on my sensible head and needed to do it i would . the time will hopefully fly and then you can give us "what its really like" stories! anyway take care

amanda
Old Jul 9th 2005, 9:20 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amanda76
HI LYNN

how "in limbo" you must feel, but i am glad that its now all sorted for you and its just a bit more of a waiting game..............!! you are being sensible waiting, not sure if i could do the same, but im sure if i put on my sensible head and needed to do it i would . the time will hopefully fly and then you can give us "what its really like" stories! anyway take care

amanda
Hi Amanda - its not too bad really cause we are holding on a bit through choice.......seems like the 3months 3 weeks is going to creep up on us really fast!
I am kind of glad we have got some extra time as it will give my mum more time to get used to the idea and give us time to say our goodbyes and organise our big leaving party!!!!!

I'm not having any doubts but cause I got my visa so fast I kind of need some time too, to plan things out in my head - I guess i've always been quite an organised person and I feel panic stricken if things go wrong!

Don't worry you will all be getting a huge update when we arrive although I think that loads of us plan to fly October/ November time - will be a great meet in Brisbane once we are all there i'm sure!!!!

Take care,
Lynn xxx
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit that I don't come on this site very often. No changes with me. Still waiting to sell my house. That's the only thing holding me back now. Have had my visa for over a year now, have a job lined up, the kids are raring to go (well 2 of them at least) and still sat waiting for that elusive buyer . Hey ho, they will turn up eventually.

Good to hear that everyones ok though .

Tracey
Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

jaguaruk will become famous soon enoughjaguaruk will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I posted on here, been very busy getting the house ready to be put on sale. We had decided to wait until we actually got the visas before we put it on the market, but the waiting for the visas seems to be soooooo long!!

We are about two weeks behind Paul with our timeline, and this quite period is now driving us mad. Hopefully our house will be on the market early Aug, either way. Then it's a waiting game again until we sell.

Ken.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Robbo2
It's a bit quiet around here again recently. Not surprising in light of yesterdays events I suppose.

Just wondering how everyone is?

I need to keep chatting whilst "waiting". It keeps me going.

So, who's gonna be next to get their grant?

Let me know how you're all doing

Claire. x
Its gone so quiet I've stooped so low as to bumping my own threads up!!!!

Get my BB back on today so I will be back online tonight. Been using the work PC for the last couple of weeks. Getting so jealous seeing all these 'got its'.

Paul
Old Jul 14th 2005, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulb
Its gone so quiet I've stooped so low as to bumping my own threads up!!!!

Get my BB back on today so I will be back online tonight. Been using the work PC for the last couple of weeks. Getting so jealous seeing all these 'got its'.

Paul

Yeh, but it'll be you soon Paul. Can't wait for you to get yours as I'm only 5 weeks behind you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.