Interview in manchester!

Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future
Default Interview in manchester!

Hi all I'm new to this website and may i say its very addictive and full of loads of fantastic information and advice! Now I am looking for some of that great advoce myself if I may?!...

Myself and my friend are newly qualified nurses (Jan 2007) and are wanting going to Oz (this summer) to do the new grad programme out there. We have emailed lots of hospitals direct and both have managed to secure an interview with Queensland health at the manchester expo in March . We would just like a little advice on what to expect from the interview as newly qualifieds because we don't have very much experience at them! and we really don't want to mess this up!

We have the forms ready to send off for registration with the QNC, just needs our proof of registration etc certifying.

Please Help!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:27 pm
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all
Default Re: Interview in manchester!

hi i had a interview in stoke on trent for cairns base hospital in july last year....i'm moving out there end of june this year....i qualified in sept last year and have been working in an itu since.

the interview i had did a few case studies which i had to answer, they knew i hadn't yet qualified and were really nice.

1 scenario was what would i do if i was working on medical ward and got a patient in DKA i just talked through what i would do for that patient, ensuring patienht safety blah blah blah!!!

a lot of it was the nmc code of conduct.....knowing your limitations, recognising when asking for help, confidentiality, respect, maintaining competance,everyday safety issues....e.g. sharps disposal, ensuring patient safety etc.

mine was very informal and in a hotel room!!!

hope it goes well!!!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice

hiya, i too have an interview with queensland health, but in london...........good luck can you post what it is like as mine will be the week after....all help appreciated! cheers loux
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future

Thanks for that advice, my interview is on the 12th march so ill post what it was like, fingers crossed!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Simone00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nursesarah,

I'm also still training, and am hoping to move to OZ as a newly qualified. Good luck with your interview, can you tell me what the interview was like, the feedback they gave you, and did they say they offer jobs without experience/ newly qualified? Thanks

Simone
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi simone! my interview is on mon 12th march, so I will post after how it went and what questions they asked. When do you qualify? if it is soon it may be worth contacting them to see if they will interview you as well because some people have posted having jobs before they qualified. I know they are conducting interviews in Manchester and London in March if you are interested?

Sarah xx
Old Mar 8th 2007, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Simone00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah,

I don't qualify for another year yet, but have just been getting all the info together, for now! Obviously closer to the time I'll start contacting them etc Good luck for monday,

Simone
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

hi everyone, i to have an interview next week, just heard tis evening and i am in major panick mode, any tips on interview topics would be appreciated, only 3 days to prepare good luck to the rest of you, will keep u posted
cheers rach
Old Mar 12th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nursesarah
Hi simone! my interview is on mon 12th march, so I will post after how it went and what questions they asked. When do you qualify? if it is soon it may be worth contacting them to see if they will interview you as well because some people have posted having jobs before they qualified. I know they are conducting interviews in Manchester and London in March if you are interested?

Sarah xx
Hi Sarah,

How did the interview go? Hope it was OK...Tell all!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

I got a job!!!! I had the interview and they offered me a job there and then! I was well shocked!

When i first went into the interview room, the room was quite formal, which did nothing to calm my nerves! but the 2 ladies interviewing me really put me at ease. The first question was informal - why Australia? then that was followed by just 3 questions;

1. A 45 yr old lady is admitted after a fall at home, she is having x-rays to see if she had any broken bones and a head scan. Using your problem solving skills can you describe the nursing care you give her.....

2. A patient is upset, how would you reassure them? (they were looking for different methods of communication, verbal, non verbal, etc..)

3. The lady in Q1 had been drinking and you hear a colleague talking badly of her saying it was a discgrace that people get themselves into such a state and they are filling up valuable bed space, how would you react?

I hope this helps some of you! I'm really chuffed but my friend has an interview today so just hope she gets a job 2!
I find out in a few weeks where exactly i will be placed on the new grad programme but prob be Cairns, Mackey or Gold coast, so watch this space.
I'm planning to head out in July if my QNC reg comes through ok......!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

well done sarah i am realy pleased for you, you must be excited, i have an interview on thursday and i am realy nervous as havent had one in a while, what visa are you going on and have you applied to anc yet for letter of determination, time to celebrate tonight,
well done again!!! rach
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nursesarah
I got a job!!!! I had the interview and they offered me a job there and then! I was well shocked!

When i first went into the interview room, the room was quite formal, which did nothing to calm my nerves! but the 2 ladies interviewing me really put me at ease. The first question was informal - why Australia? then that was followed by just 3 questions;

1. A 45 yr old lady is admitted after a fall at home, she is having x-rays to see if she had any broken bones and a head scan. Using your problem solving skills can you describe the nursing care you give her.....

2. A patient is upset, how would you reassure them? (they were looking for different methods of communication, verbal, non verbal, etc..)

3. The lady in Q1 had been drinking and you hear a colleague talking badly of her saying it was a discgrace that people get themselves into such a state and they are filling up valuable bed space, how would you react?

I hope this helps some of you! I'm really chuffed but my friend has an interview today so just hope she gets a job 2!
I find out in a few weeks where exactly i will be placed on the new grad programme but prob be Cairns, Mackey or Gold coast, so watch this space.
I'm planning to head out in July if my QNC reg comes through ok......!
WOW well done you! That's fantastic news!! I've got an interview today at 5.30. Wasn't nervous till about 5 minutes ago. Mine's a little different as I'm an RMN and I'm looking for a job rather than a place on the grad program so god knows what they'll ask but yours didn't sound too bad really. I'm really chuffed for you. What a dream come true eh? No worrying about having to get a job in the NHS, a future in a different country....YIPPEE!!!!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Interview in manchester!

I would like to say to all the newly qualified nurses getting jobs in Australia 'WELL DONE'! hopefully the NHS in a few years will relise what they have lost.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:47 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your job Sarah! you must be so excited!

Good luck everyone else with your interviews. Remember they want you to come out and work for them, they won't try and trip you up in anyway. I had a telephone interview a few weeks ago for a CCU job. I have been qualified quite a while now and they asked me stuff about teamwork, quality issues, change management, patient safety, conflict management and my professional development.

Jackie x
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:48 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mooncat
WOW well done you! That's fantastic news!! I've got an interview today at 5.30. Wasn't nervous till about 5 minutes ago. Mine's a little different as I'm an RMN and I'm looking for a job rather than a place on the grad program so god knows what they'll ask but yours didn't sound too bad really. I'm really chuffed for you. What a dream come true eh? No worrying about having to get a job in the NHS, a future in a different country....YIPPEE!!!!
Fingers crossed for you mooncat!

jackie x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.