If registered with AHPRA, easier to register with NZNC?

Old Feb 13th 2017, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If registered with AHPRA, easier to register with NZNC?

I am completing ANMAC and AHPRA documents for moving to Australia to work as a nurse. However just a question if I wanted to work for a little while in new Zealand as a nurse is it an easier/different process if on Australian nursing board?
Many thanks
Katherine
Old Feb 13th 2017, 9:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If registered with AHPRA, easier to register with NZNC?

Originally Posted by CatLady1234
I am completing ANMAC and AHPRA documents for moving to Australia to work as a nurse. However just a question if I wanted to work for a little while in new Zealand as a nurse is it an easier/different process if on Australian nursing board?
Many thanks
Katherine
There is an agreement called the "Trans Tasman" which allows you to transfer your registration very easily - have a look for it on the AHPRA site. Very straightforward.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used trans tasman and AHPRA took 2 weeks
Old Feb 16th 2017, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steven9818
I used trans tasman and AHPRA took 2 weeks
Oh thank you that's great. I have another query looking at trans tasman it wants you to send your registration certificate and practising licence with form. Would this need to be from AHPRA I guess once I'm registered with them? NMC don't really give you such a licence to hand you see so different with AHPRA?
Old Feb 18th 2017, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

I assume you are registering in NZ before you take on AHPRA. Assuming that you are once you have NZ registration you then need to get an annual practice certificate from them (about $150 I think). I then had to get the registration and practice certificates notarised by a solicitor and then sent them to AHPRA with my application. The practice certificate took about 2 weeks to get to the UK from NZ.