IELTS help please!

Old Mar 4th 2014, 1:49 am
Just Joined

hales79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS help please!

i needed my IELTS to be skilled assessed for my nursing for ANMAC, but also needed it for points for my visa, so killed 2 birds with one stone. I purchased the IELTS books and studied! It was harder than i thought but i had to do the academic not the basic which is harder.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Which Ielts do you do? (If the points are needed) can you just do the general or do you have to do the academic test? Cheers x
Old Mar 8th 2014, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

roberta1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

For the points you just need the general, you may need the academic for skills assessment.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

hales79 is an unknown quantity at this point

For points/visa you just need to do the basic, if you need to get your profession/trade skilled assessed then it will depend on the agency asking you. I was a nurse so I needed 7 point on the academic test and think I needed 6 for the points just to show competence for my visa so it covered both. If you want points you need to get 10 pts for a score of 7, and 20pts for a score of 8, all at the BASIC LEVEL. Luckily I scored high enough on the academic to get my points and skills assessed.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf read this it should help x
Old Mar 11th 2014, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
Hi Roberta,
I completed the rest yesterday, it wasn't as bad as I had thought. It'll be 2 weeks before I get my results tho
How did you do?

Cheers
Gill
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roberta1980
Keep us posted! I need to score 8 in each section for points, have you started the ANMAC application yet?
Hi Roberta,

Got results back and got all 7.5s and an 8.5 for speaking!Thats without any study so you'll be find no doubt.

Im starting the reg process now, just gathering together statements of employment (or trying to) and then will get things certified. How are you getting on?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Roberta,

Got results back and got all 7.5s and an 8.5 for speaking!Thats without any study so you'll be find no doubt.

Im starting the reg process now, just gathering together statements of employment (or trying to) and then will get things certified. How are you getting on?
Hi Yvette,

Well done! I am working through the material that the uni sent when I applied for the test and it turns out my sis in law used to teach ielts so got some material from her, fingers crossed for 8s! I have started to gather my references and think I have all other paperwork ready, so after ielts I hope to apply!

Good luck and keep in touch xx
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Im sure you'll be absolutely fine, if I can get 7s then theres hope for everyone!
Well keep me posted on how you get on and ill let you know if I come across anything helpful,

Good Luck xx
Old Mar 19th 2014, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Roberta,

Well done !!! Good luck with the application process.

Gill
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Gill!
Old May 26th 2014, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

__stella__ is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone recommend good IELTS preparation books?
Old May 26th 2014, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

I can recommend an online tutor - prices start from ten pounds.

PM me your email address for details.

Originally Posted by __stella__
Old May 26th 2014, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by __stella__
Stella, the test centre sent me a link to some online practice material which was very helpful, this was included in the test price. The practice material was more difficult than the actual test, so manage that then you'll nail the test.

If you don't have access to practice material you can buy a book for around £20 with lots of tips and practice tests.
Old May 31st 2014, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

jeffy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found the writing the hardest.. go online find some test papers.. I also learnt some key describing/ comparing words as you have to interpret a graph/chart

the hardest part is the time.. the fastest hour of your life and you don't want to waste time counting your words so practice and know how many words per line you average at

and good luck!

I just got 8's and 9's in my 2nd attempt