ICU nurse moving to Aus ICU or community

Old Feb 5th 2016, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

leer0yh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ICU nurse moving to Aus ICU or community

Just found out someone who studied the course at my uni and graduated the year before me was granted registration...!

Also just emailed AHPRA to gt it from the horses mouth before I start the process
Old Feb 8th 2016, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

My feeling is that if it's called a Diploma, that's how AHPRA will view it. They are not very bright when it comes to comparing overseas qualifications with their own "strange" interpretations.

As far as I can recall, they require the initial degree to be in Nursing, and subsequent PG qualifications are relevant to that.

Still, it's no good trying to 2nd guess AHPRA, they have a mind of their own.

BTW, the Public Hospitals in Oz won't sponsor unless they have a specific need in an area that most Aussie nurses don't fancy.

Private Hospitals WILL sponsor, and as mentioned above, this does tend to tie you down to one particular employer. However, there are MORE private hospital groups in Oz than in the UK, and so this is a real option.

The choice may well come down to taking a sponsored role with a private provider - or stay where you are.

But first, you have to go into battle with AHPRA
Old Apr 7th 2016, 7:59 am
Just Joined

tim88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you get a reply to them in the end?
In the same position and struggling to get a firm reply at the moment.