i qualify in sept

Old May 12th 2007, 5:31 pm
Qualify in Sept!

mattyuk will become famous soon enough
Default i qualify in sept

hi guys i qualify in september and wish to apply to do the graduate program in queensland, whens the best time too apply for this, could i apply now or do i have to wait for my UKPIN?
Thanks
Matt
Old May 12th 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: i qualify in sept

Hi Matt
why dont you e-mail QH and see what they say they might invite you to interview in june and make you a provisional offer
Old May 12th 2007, 6:15 pm
Qualify in Sept!

Thankyou i have just emailed them stating that i am not yet qualified but interested in the graduate nurse program when i qualify in september, lets see what they say...
Old May 14th 2007, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future

I have recently left the New Grad Nurse programme on Central Coast NSW, now working in Emergency Department on 457 visa. Tried to apply to Queensland but they do not sponsor visa's for New Grad Programme and you will find that you do not have enough post-qualification experience to apply for the other categories of visa. The PR visa requires 2 years experience in your chosen occupation. Hope they have changed the rules since last year, if not I went through Healthstaff Recruitment and they deal with NSW and my friend is on the New Grad in Perth and organised that herself. If I can be of any more help let me know.
Old May 14th 2007, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Think they might of changed some rules as nursesarah is going on the grad programme in july on a 457. have a look at interviews in manchester quite a big thread.
Old May 14th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Have anyone seen this??

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...57&postcount=5

or this

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...07&postcount=7

Not trying to be negative, but i just dont think i could risk going to QLD on a temp 457 visa.
Old May 14th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

The PR visa requires 2 years experience in your chosen occupation.
Sorry, but thats not correct.

12months experience within the last 18months for 136 visa.

RSMS requires none and is also a permanent visa.

Ade S
Old May 15th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future
Smile Re: i qualify in sept

Sorry, should have checked my facts properly before posting. Still you will struggle to get out on a perm visa straight from qualifying. 457 is not ideal and comes with its own problems but I think that it has been a good way for me as a newly qualified nurse to get into Australia and work. I will soon be making my application for perm residency and have been lucky in that the 457has suited us thus far.
Old May 16th 2007, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shonalouise
I have recently left the New Grad Nurse programme on Central Coast NSW, now working in Emergency Department on 457 visa. Tried to apply to Queensland but they do not sponsor visa's for New Grad Programme and you will find that you do not have enough post-qualification experience to apply for the other categories of visa. The PR visa requires 2 years experience in your chosen occupation. Hope they have changed the rules since last year, if not I went through Healthstaff Recruitment and they deal with NSW and my friend is on the New Grad in Perth and organised that herself. If I can be of any more help let me know.
Hey just thought I would let you know I've got a job on the new grad programme in Queensland and they are sponsoring me on a 457 visa, so it is possible, QH are doing massive recruitment drives accross the UK this year as they need loads of nurses and the NHS is in a bit of a state to put it politely! they are scooping up new grads and giving us 'permanent' contracts for the new grad programme and beyond, and are also paying for flights and throwing in another $3000 relocation expenses!

I would reccommend any new grads to go for it! As soon as I have 12 months post grad experience I will be applying for PR, so I don't have anything to loose!

Matty, apply now - if you email them your CV, they can arrange an interview for June then you will have a job in the bag ready to apply for QNC reg etc when you qualify,

Hope that helps!

Sarah xx
Old May 16th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shonalouise
Sorry, should have checked my facts properly before posting. Still you will struggle to get out on a perm visa straight from qualifying. 457 is not ideal and comes with its own problems but I think that it has been a good way for me as a newly qualified nurse to get into Australia and work. I will soon be making my application for perm residency and have been lucky in that the 457has suited us thus far.
Hey Shonalouise,

It's good to hear that the 457 has worked for you! I'm doing the same, just can't wait to get to OZ! how are you finding it as a new grad out there?

Sarah xx
Old May 16th 2007, 7:40 pm
Qualify in Sept!

Hi sarah,
I have emailed queensland health a couple of times and they have informed me that for the graduate nurse program i would need to apply online when the online form opens 30th july....
thankyou
Matt
Old May 16th 2007, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mattyuk
Hi sarah,
I have emailed queensland health a couple of times and they have informed me that for the graduate nurse program i would need to apply online when the online form opens 30th july....
thankyou
Matt
Hey Matt, I guess I didn't have to apply through the new grad consortium because I applied quite late on. They may interview you when they come back in sept then, ill keep my fingers crossed for you, where you thinking of heading?

Sarah.
Old May 16th 2007, 9:45 pm
Qualify in Sept!

Hi,
Im hopefully heading north to cairns in the heat, i love the sun which is why i choose cairns but just hope it aint too hot to work, im sure they will have aircon tho.

Thanks for the good luck im gonna be going alone which is a little scary but also quite excited bout goin as its gonna be a real life experience
Thanx
Matt
Old May 18th 2007, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Cool Re: i qualify in sept

Loving everything about Australia and have enjoyed the New Grad Programme but now stepped off early for job in Emergency Department. Good luck everybody, it is hard but well worth it. Any questions, pm me.
Old May 18th 2007, 7:55 am
Qualify in Sept!

Hi, im matt, hoping to start the graduate program in january, good to hear you are enjoying aus, im so jelious, just wondered what the pay is like over there? benefits? pluses? male uniform? oh and what hospital are you at?

cheers
Matty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.