Hope you can help

Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

bruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nice
Question Hope you can help

Hello to Everyone

I am new to this site and I hope you can help.
I am a RN since 1994 but only work 17hrs in UK, we are planning to go to Perth in about a year on OH visa.

This may be a stupid question but what do I have to do to be able to work as a nurse in Aus as I am not applying for the visa?
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:32 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hope you can help

Originally Posted by bruffs
Hello to Everyone

I am new to this site and I hope you can help.
I am a RN since 1994 but only work 17hrs in UK, we are planning to go to Perth in about a year on OH visa.

This may be a stupid question but what do I have to do to be able to work as a nurse in Aus as I am not applying for the visa?
You will just need to be registered with the Western Australia Nursing Board

:-)
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

bruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nicebruffs is just really nice

Many Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Loiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant future

Do you mean you are going on someone elses visa?
Old Apr 28th 2007, 12:56 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loiner
Do you mean you are going on someone elses visa?
I think you will need to work more hours
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
I think you will need to work more hours
Why?? She's not applying for migration based on her own skills.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:54 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Why?? She's not applying for migration based on her own skills.
no but she still wants to register
Old Apr 30th 2007, 3:30 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
no but she still wants to register
And if she is UK qualified that should be enough. The nursing board likely won't care about 20 hours a week work recently.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Just caught up with your messages had sick kids all weekend

I am planning on coming in on husbands visa as he will be sponsored. Confused now, is the 20hr working time going to stop me applying with the WA nursing board, to start off with due to kids and settling in I was going to do agency/bank work.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:59 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Just caught up with your messages had sick kids all weekend

I am planning on coming in on husbands visa as he will be sponsored. Confused now, is the 20hr working time going to stop me applying with the WA nursing board, to start off with due to kids and settling in I was going to do agency/bank work.

No.....there is no hours requirement to register. You will then obviously have to find a job but I doubt if it will make any difference.

The hours requirement is for those applying for a visa using their own skills.....this will not apply to you.

G
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for clarifying that for me
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:06 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for clarifying that for me
I am registered in NSW and Qld and have not worked at all for a while as I am retired.

G
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Hope you are enjoying your retirement?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:09 am
Bitter and twisted

Hope you are enjoying your retirement?
I am indeed.....except I spend too much time on here sometimes.

Good luck

G
Old May 1st 2007, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

lissylee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I have worked as a nurse in WA for 8 years, as apractising uk trained nurse you will have no problems registering with the nurses board, you can just call into the office on Adelaide Terrace, when yo arrive or register before you arrive in Oz.
Lots of jobs for nurses, agency, permant or casual, just send your cv off to a hospital you want to work in. What area of nursing do you work?
Most nurses employed permenant here are parttime.
Lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.