Help wanted

Old Jul 20th 2010, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

bubblegum6 will become famous soon enoughbubblegum6 will become famous soon enough
Default Help wanted

Hi,

Can anyone help me. We are awaiting our visa being granted anyday now hopefully. We have applied for a visa on my husbands skills in IT. I am a midwife and will want to work once we get to Oz. Do i therefore still have to do the ANMC skills assessment if I am not applying for a visa on my skills?

Any advice would be appreciated

Kind regards

Bubblegum6
Old Jul 20th 2010, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help wanted

You would certainly need to get registered. See link for details of where to start with that. Lots of nurses on here, I am sure one will come along soon with more info.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...dical.htm#LICE
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:05 am
Just Joined

bubblegum6 will become famous soon enoughbubblegum6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You would certainly need to get registered. See link for details of where to start with that. Lots of nurses on here, I am sure one will come along soon with more info.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...dical.htm#LICE
Thanks Bermuda shorts,

I am aware I have to register with AHPA now but I don't know whether my skills need to be assessed or will this be done by AHPA?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubblegum6
Thanks Bermuda shorts,

I am aware I have to register with AHPA now but I don't know whether my skills need to be assessed or will this be done by AHPA?
I'll move your thread into the Nursing forum - lots of members in there heading for Aus
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:56 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

no you dont need to get your skills assessed - the skills assessment is only done if you are the main visa applicant. you will need to get your nursing reg with the aprha (or whatever its now called lol!) and you will also need to get your english skills assessed via the IELTS test (major bummer i know, but you do need it to be able to register).
but thats it (about £500+ worth!!!)
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
no you dont need to get your skills assessed - the skills assessment is only done if you are the main visa applicant. you will need to get your nursing reg with the aprha (or whatever its now called lol!) and you will also need to get your english skills assessed via the IELTS test (major bummer i know, but you do need it to be able to register).
but thats it (about £500+ worth!!!)
Tiredwithtwins,

Thanks for that, I thought that was about right but just wanted to check. Have already done my IELTS and passed that so that's another weight off my mind.

Thanks again

Bubblegum6
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:07 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubblegum6
Tiredwithtwins,

Thanks for that, I thought that was about right but just wanted to check. Have already done my IELTS and passed that so that's another weight off my mind.

Thanks again

Bubblegum6

ah, congratulations on passing ielts - a friend of mine has just done his and thinks hes failed (ive bet him a fiver hes passed, eh seamus!!??)

good luck
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

ah, congratulations on passing ielts - a friend of mine has just done his and thinks hes failed (ive bet him a fiver hes passed, eh seamus!!??)

good luck
Thanks. I felt exactly the same with the written but passed so I'm sure your friend will be fine

Bubblegum6
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Florentina is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck
Fiver for a british ? You must be kiddin' ......