Telephone interview for a nursing job...how does it go?

Old Jun 19th 2017, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Telephone interview for a nursing job...how does it go?

Hi there,

I am based in UK, now registered as a nurse in New Zealand and hoping to secure a job and move there soon.

I have a telephone interview scheduled next week for a nursing post.
I have had numerous interviews here in the UK for jobs, and just wondering really if anyone who has had a telephone interview for a job overseas can say what is consists of generally? Do they follow a similar format to the interviews in the UK?

Thank you-hope you can help!
Old Jun 19th 2017, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telephone interview for a nursing job...how does it go?

Originally Posted by CatLady1234
Hi there,

I am based in UK, now registered as a nurse in New Zealand and hoping to secure a job and move there soon.

I have a telephone interview scheduled next week for a nursing post.
I have had numerous interviews here in the UK for jobs, and just wondering really if anyone who has had a telephone interview for a job overseas can say what is consists of generally? Do they follow a similar format to the interviews in the UK?

Thank you-hope you can help!

Hello mate I've just had a telephone interview myself... very much like the uk its skills based...so for instance can you tell me of an incident where you dealt with an aggressive situation, tell me about your skill set and experience.....also why do you want to come over to nz...and the treaty of waitangi and cultural sensitivitiy only took about 10 mins and was offered the job the next day

Good luck
Old Jun 19th 2017, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Hello mate I've just had a telephone interview myself... very much like the uk its skills based...so for instance can you tell me of an incident where you dealt with an aggressive situation, tell me about your skill set and experience.....also why do you want to come over to nz...and the treaty of waitangi and cultural sensitivitiy only took about 10 mins and was offered the job the next day

Good luck
Oh thanks so much for your answer. That's really helped. Congratulations on the job!
Old Jun 30th 2017, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

have you had your interview? how did it go
Old Jul 1st 2017, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

have you had your interview? how did it go
Hello! Yes had my interview thanks. It was exactly as you advised it would be so thank you so much for that. All in all I was on the phone for an hour to them as they also talked to me about the unit. They have said they want to progress my application to the reference check stage. I'm really pleased but also still feel unsure as I have no job offer as such yet. They have said they will look at my references and then decide. Is this how it worked for you? I guess you have applied for your skilled migrant visa now?
Old Jul 1st 2017, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hello! Yes had my interview thanks. It was exactly as you advised it would be so thank you so much for that. All in all I was on the phone for an hour to them as they also talked to me about the unit. They have said they want to progress my application to the reference check stage. I'm really pleased but also still feel unsure as I have no job offer as such yet. They have said they will look at my references and then decide. Is this how it worked for you? I guess you have applied for your skilled migrant visa now?
Yep same sketch with me, didn't take long to get back with an offer. I have indeed all the paperwork is on its way to Auckland had the medicals on Thursday and apart from being a high BMI all the numbers appear to be ok so fingers crossed the waiting game begins
Old Jul 1st 2017, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Yep same sketch with me, didn't take long to get back with an offer. I have indeed all the paperwork is on its way to Auckland had the medicals on Thursday and apart from being a high BMI all the numbers appear to be ok so fingers crossed the waiting game begins
That's great hope you hear back soon! Whereabouts are you? I'm in uk. Just wondered roughly how much the medical checks cost but if you are not in uk might be different! Have you heard approximately how long it takes to hear back from visa people?
Old Jul 1st 2017, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

That's great hope you hear back soon! Whereabouts are you? I'm in uk. Just wondered roughly how much the medical checks cost but if you are not in uk might be different! Have you heard approximately how long it takes to hear back from visa people?
I'm in surrey, went to the bridge clinic in Maidenhead was 600 each for the adults,195 for the 12 and up aged kids and 90 for the youngest. Visa guidance says 3-9 months online says within 6 so bugger knows
Old Jul 1st 2017, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

I'm in surrey, went to the bridge clinic in Maidenhead was 600 each for the adults,195 for the 12 and up aged kids and 90 for the youngest. Visa guidance says 3-9 months online says within 6 so bugger knows
9 months. That's an awful long time. Hope it doesn't take as long as that. That's what I'm worried and very unsure about. What if your employer suddenly thinks they cannot wait that long for you? Can they take back their job offer or are they obligated to keep it? If they did retract their offer and your skilled migrant visa application was based on that offer does that mean you lose any chance of getting the visa too?
Old Jul 1st 2017, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Most of these employers are used to migrants and the visa process I wouldn't worry too much just make sure when you get your invitation to apply checklist you send everything they want paperwork wise