Driving licence has my mum's address...will this be OK? ?

Old Feb 16th 2017, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving licence has my mum's address...will this be OK? ?

Hi there

On my driving licence I have the address of where I used to live with my mum...my mum's address but I now live on my own and this address where I now live of course is where I've listed on my ANMAC and AHPRA forms that I live. I'm worried though where sending driving licence as id document it will be rejected as it will look like false Id with my mum's address on it. Do you think this will be ok?
Old Feb 17th 2017, 1:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving licence has my mum's address...will this be OK? ?

No idea about your Oz application, but why not update your driving licence so it's actually got the correct address on it? I don't know where you are, but if you're in the UK and get caught with an DL with an old address on, it's a pretty big fine! Not worth risking, particularly as it's free, quick and easy to update it.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 6:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving licence has my mum's address...will this be OK? ?

Originally Posted by CatLady1234
Hi there

On my driving licence I have the address of where I used to live with my mum...my mum's address but I now live on my own and this address where I now live of course is where I've listed on my ANMAC and AHPRA forms that I live. I'm worried though where sending driving licence as id document it will be rejected as it will look like false Id with my mum's address on it. Do you think this will be ok?
I don't now for sure - hoping Richard Gregan might stop by with an answer - but christmasoompa is right that updatng it anyway is a good idea.
I suspect AHPRA will question the address, but besides that, Aus is anal about ID and a driving licence is one of their main things they ask for, largely because of the address on it.
You cannot imagine how many issues I have had over the years because I don't have a licence at all, been refused entry to places, had officials yel at me for 'only' having a passport etc

If the address on it matches any other paperwork you have, that will make your life easier