doula in Canada

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future
Default doula in Canada

i am seriously looking at doing this job...i live in Canada, Saskatchewan...i would like to hear from anyone that does this job..also ive been looking at some of the courses to train to be a birth doula and was wondering if anyone had done any ...any one that has any experiences of the job or training please contact me
thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Neillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant future
Default Re: doula in Canada

Hi Claire,

I am using my husbands account.
I am a postnatal Doula here in Scotland. I have been a Doula now for over 8 years. I don't know much about Doula's in Canada specifically but I do want to work as a Doula when we (hopefully) move to Ontario. I do know that its very popular in the USA and is growing in popularity here in Scotland all the time. The most recognised courses are the DONA (Doula's of North America) and CAPPA. You can do some courses long distance but I would recommend attending a tutorial of some sort as it really helps to get to grips with the course and talking to like minded people. I volunteer as a Assessor/Mentor for Doula UK here so I am happy to answer your questions if you want to get in touch via PM. Its a great job with so many benefits and you are your own boss and decide when you work so its flexible around family etc.

Maria.