Do English-speaking/trained inurses still need IELTS?

Old Aug 20th 2010, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Default Re: English nurses no longer need ielts for aus!!

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
im still confused ... my friend has a job in Vic to start asap, and it was his manager over there who told him that he didnt need the ielts (currently the only thing holding up his reg). he queried it with her, she phoned ahpra who said no he didnt need it, just needed to prove his education/training ... but he emailed ahpra and they replied that yes he did.

so who knows whats happening ... certainly not the ahpra!!!!

Sounds like he may need to just do it and get it over and done with as he seems snookered which ever way he goes.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 10:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

im still confused ... my friend has a job in Vic to start asap, and it was his manager over there who told him that he didnt need the ielts (currently the only thing holding up his reg). he queried it with her, she phoned ahpra who said no he didnt need it, just needed to prove his education/training ... but he emailed ahpra and they replied that yes he did.

so who knows whats happening ... certainly not the ahpra!!!!

'Curiouser and curiouser" said Alice............

I've been around long anough, i really should expect it to be like this! But all the same
Old Aug 21st 2010, 11:51 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
'Curiouser and curiouser" said Alice............

I've been around long anough, i really should expect it to be like this! But all the same
I know what you mean polly!!

what i dont really get is why they felt the need to clarify something that was fairly clear already - ie that english speaking aussies who trained in aus didnt need the ielts, it was only internationally trained nurses that needed to do it. we get that.
what i dont get is why they are telling some people one thing then saying something different to others! my friend is still here in the uk, flying end oct, and has his visa/house sold etc ... he just wants to know where he stands.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 12:01 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean polly!!

what i dont really get is why they felt the need to clarify something that was fairly clear already - ie that english speaking aussies who trained in aus didnt need the ielts, it was only internationally trained nurses that needed to do it. we get that.
what i dont get is why they are telling some people one thing then saying something different to others! my friend is still here in the uk, flying end oct, and has his visa/house sold etc ... he just wants to know where he stands.
Must be driving him nuts, its just so unfair cos its stressful enough anyway without being given the runaround by a body that ought to know what they are doing
Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

baileyjnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do English-speaking/trained inurses still need IELTS?

Hi guys... just a quick bump for this thread, because this is news to me! I have only just shelled out the £110 and done the IELTS, and now there's the possibility I can send my application for Registration without - here's hoping!

My problem, however... I didn't finish secondary school! I was 'taken off register' in my final year, and didn't complete my GCSE's due to lack of attendance (fool I know). Would they accept my GCSE in English completed at 16 years old in College, though? And, I went right through to the end of year 11, only the last 3 months that didn't do GCSE's - what kind of evidence will I need to provide?

Anyone know the approx' processing times for NSW/AHPRA once application received by them? I have booked my one-way ticket for November, and I don't mind grafting in in any job until it arrives, but hoping the registration will not take more than 3 months?? (Sending my application beginning of September btw).

Any info, much appreciated! AHPRA never reply it seems P
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

sbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nice

Hi all!! many thanks for highlighting this to us all!! it is extremly confusing however i am going to call AHPRA first thing and find out what is the deal as im supposed t have my IELTS test on saturday!!!

unless anyone has found out different?

steph
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

baileyjnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sbrock11
Hi all!! many thanks for highlighting this to us all!! it is extremly confusing however i am going to call AHPRA first thing and find out what is the deal as im supposed t have my IELTS test on saturday!!!

unless anyone has found out different?

steph
Hi Steph, I wasn't expecting a reply from them so soon, but here it is!

"Thank you for your enquiry. You can provide us your secondary and tertiary education certificate for evidence of your language proficiency. Supporting letter from your education provider stating courses were taught in English could be great documentation as evidences."

Kind Regards,
The Customer Service Team
AHPRA Enquiry Contact Centre

Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Tel: 1300 419 495
web: www.ahpra.gov.au
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

sbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nice

Originally Posted by baileyjnr

"Thank you for your enquiry. You can provide us your secondary and tertiary education certificate for evidence of your language proficiency. Supporting letter from your education provider stating courses were taught in English could be great documentation as evidences."

Kind Regards,

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:55 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by baileyjnr

Kind Regards,

Thanks for reporting back!!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice

this was in last weeks paper here in Brisbane......this Nurse did his nursing degree here in Australia and still they want him to do the english test !!
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1225906554013
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:47 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by bithbheo
this was in last weeks paper here in Brisbane......this Nurse did his nursing degree here in Australia and still they want him to do the english test !!
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1225906554013
Mmm funny how that came out the same day as the new fact sheet which TWT posted on here which removed the need to do the test.......
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all!!,

I called AHPRA this morning regarding the IELTS test in which they told me i do not have to sit this as all my education if english taught and assessed. i checked with 3 different call handlers in oz.

hope this helps!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:52 pm
Home and Happy

Hi all!!,

I called AHPRA this morning regarding the IELTS test in which they told me i do not have to sit this as all my education if english taught and assessed. i checked with 3 different call handlers in oz.

hope this helps!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Mmm funny how that came out the same day as the new fact sheet which TWT posted on here which removed the need to do the test.......
TWT ??
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:59 pm
Home and Happy

TWT ??
Sorry, TWT = Tired with Twins, first poster on the thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.