CGFNS and Transcripts

Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

moffist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CGFNS and Transcripts

Hi everyone. My case is probably a bit different. I am a UK trained nurse living in Michigan. However I have not worked for 20 years. I trained 1979-1982 in the UK and recently returned to the UK to do a refresher course. My position now is CGFNS has passed my RN qualification, I took the CGFNS exam and passed (first time) BUT I cannot get a copy of my transcripts. NMC sent a copy of what I would have had to do for my training but CGFNS says that's not good enough. I contacted the hospital I trained in and they have no records. I contacted the University which took over our training and they destroyed any records older than 1992 (Arrrgggjhhhh). Now CGFNS say they will relook at my application on 13th May.

Any help or advice on where else to try for transcripts or anyone who had a similar experiance bit passed/failed to get through I'd really appreciate a replyt. Depressing situation or what!!!

Also anyone who left nursing for so long but managed to return successfully?
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CGFNS and Transcripts

Originally posted by moffist
Hi everyone. My case is probably a bit different. I am a UK trained nurse living in Michigan. However I have not worked for 20 years. I trained 1979-1982 in the UK and recently returned to the UK to do a refresher course. My position now is CGFNS has passed my RN qualification, I took the CGFNS exam and passed (first time) BUT I cannot get a copy of my transcripts. NMC sent a copy of what I would have had to do for my training but CGFNS says that's not good enough. I contacted the hospital I trained in and they have no records. I contacted the University which took over our training and they destroyed any records older than 1992 (Arrrgggjhhhh). Now CGFNS say they will relook at my application on 13th May.

Any help or advice on where else to try for transcripts or anyone who had a similar experiance bit passed/failed to get through I'd really appreciate a replyt. Depressing situation or what!!!

Also anyone who left nursing for so long but managed to return successfully?
How recently did you return to do the refresher course? as they should have had access to your training records to ensure you could do a refresher.I was told by the uni that my transcripts were not traceable but after finding the individual responsible for transcripts she looked at records kept on microfisk or something which went back a lot further than me 1983,it's worth digging.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Default Transcripts and CGFNS

That is worth looking into. Do Universities offering refresher courses need to see your transcripts. I thought as I held a UK licence that's what got me into the refresher course.

Spoke to the people at Bucks Chiltern University and they were very unhelpful. Just saiud anything pre 1992 was destroyed!!!I could try again.

I did my refresher course at York University April 2003.

Thanks for the advice.
Old May 1st 2004, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Transcripts and CGFNS

That is worth looking into. Do Universities offering refresher courses need to see your transcripts. I thought as I held a UK licence that's what got me into the refresher course.

Spoke to the people at Bucks Chiltern University and they were very unhelpful. Just saiud anything pre 1992 was destroyed!!!I could try again.

I did my refresher course at York University April 2003.

Thanks for the advice.
Hi i'm not sure about the refesher course but certainly when i did the conversion course they had to check our transcripts,i would think that trainings have varied so much over the course of the last 20yrs they should be checking transcripts but i couldn't be sure.
Old May 1st 2004, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

I trained in 1986 and basically my school of nursing really doesnt exist anymore...when I wanted my transcripts I was told there were on Microfich (sp?) in Wolverhampton...it was an awful job sorting them out but they did in the end after 6 months

Double or triple check any info you are given as some people just dont realise your future is in their hands.

Hope you find them...
Old May 1st 2004, 11:27 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transcripts and CGFNS

hi moffist,
sounds like you trained at the same hospitals I did, going on you having to contact Bucks C.U.!!!
I trained in 87, and just got the NMC (as was UKCC) to send a transcript of my training to the ANCI....also as you were a qualified nurse the nmc should have the record of your PIN number being yours!?
good luck, let us know how it works out!!
sue
Old May 2nd 2004, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

I trained at Hillingdon Hospital . Where did you train. NMC sent a list of training expectations but didn't have my specific details. That's what CGFNS don't like. I am being reviewed again on May 13 so will let you know then.