Can Parent be part of visa

Old Mar 8th 2014, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Redcap5517 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can Parent be part of visa

Hi folks, with WA Police recruiting my wife and I are looking at new life in Oz with her continuing her nursing career there. No firm decision made yet as we want to know if her mother would.be allowed to come.as.well..Shes disabled and we are her only family so would be at a loss if we left.

Grateful for advice
Old Mar 8th 2014, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Redcap5517 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Parent be part of visa

On a separate.note, does anyone know of hospitals/agencies recruiting theatre nurses
Old Mar 8th 2014, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

We tried to get my mum on my skilled independent visa in 2006 as an aged dependent relative, we support her financially and no other family to help her. It was refused and refused again at appeal. It is very difficult and you need a VERY knowledgeable agent/immigration lawyer to help with it. Do not believe agents who tell you it is easy.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 11:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redcap5517
Hi folks, with WA Police recruiting my wife and I are looking at new life in Oz with her continuing her nursing career there. No firm decision made yet as we want to know if her mother would.be allowed to come.as.well..Shes disabled and we are her only family so would be at a loss if we left.

Grateful for advice
It's unlikely. If she's living in UK then she's not "dependent" on you for immigration purposes as UK is a welfare state and she would have a pension of some sort. Also, if she's disabled she is unlikely to pass the medical required for immigration.

Speak to an experienced migration agent - Peter Bollard and George Lombard are the ones who are frequently mentioned with experience with medical issues - about what your/her chances are.

As for hospitals recruiting theatre nurses, it's going to depend on where you're eventually posted. There's no sense in her working at Joondalup if you're working in Mandurah.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's unlikely. If she's living in UK then she's not "dependent" on you for immigration purposes as UK is a welfare state and she would have a pension of some sort.

That's absolutely right - dependency in their criteria is considered only if a relative is dependent on you for the absolute basics of food, clothing and shelter, which of course are deemed to be covered by benefits/state pensions in developed countries with welfare and healthcare systems. There is no consideration of emotional ties etc.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 9th 2014 at 12:45 pm. Reason: fixing quote