BSc Midwife - RM to Australia

Old Apr 29th 2015, 9:46 am
Just Joined

emmajep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BSc Midwife - RM to Australia

Originally Posted by genorm
I don't understand why hospitals are having to "look" at the requirements. Surely it's up to AHPRA to advise them what is required.

Then again, AHPRA is about as well run as a dodo breeding centre!
You're right. I want to cry! And I'm struggling to find anyone who has cracked it and got through the other side.

Its almost insulting when we've trained and practiced as midwives in the UK and now we're not good enough?
Old Apr 29th 2015, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

bananamum is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any chance I could get CoC in the UK as part of my job now or does it have to be whilst training? I have 3 caseloads that I completed as a student.
Old May 12th 2015, 6:40 am
Just Joined

saadinecan is an unknown quantity at this point

I checked and apparently you don't have to do the caseloading in order to complete the supervision. It means that a note stays on your registration that means you can't work as a community midwife just on the wards, which isn't really an issue for me. If you change your mind later on you can then apply to have it removed and you complete the case loading.

What website did you apply to this job outside Adelaide? I really don't care where I work, I just want to get this supervision done!
Old Jun 28th 2015, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Brewers87 is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread has made my head hurt! I'm a RN currently doing my midwifery top up and am a year away from qualifying. I'm trying to get my head around what's required and I'm so confused.

What evidence do you need to provide for CoC? And are you not paid for supervised practice?
Old Jun 28th 2015, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Brewers87
This thread has made my head hurt! I'm a RN currently doing my midwifery top up and am a year away from qualifying. I'm trying to get my head around what's required and I'm so confused.

What evidence do you need to provide for CoC? And are you not paid for supervised practice?
It hurts my head too.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Lisamchugh is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya, don't know if this is helpful but I have recently had my acceptance letter from
Ahpra and its 3 months supervised practice due to lack of coc. This doesn't seem to be an issue with hospitals that I have approached and I also know a girl who was offered 2 jobs with this restriction.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

ruthiexcx is an unknown quantity at this point

This definitely makes my head hurt too, but i am so glad I found this thread so I can hopefully do some of my CoC's before qualifying!!

Just to confirm - how many do we need? 10???
Old Aug 6th 2015, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

I currently have Midwifery roles in South West Sydney where they will accept the Supervision condition as well as sponsor.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

I currently have Midwifery roles in South West Sydney where they will accept the Supervision condition as well as sponsor.
How many years exp do they require post-grad?
Old Aug 6th 2015, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Normally, it is 3, but they MAY look at 2 years minimum Post Grad. It all depends on how short they are. What do you have?
Old Aug 6th 2015, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

That's good then.
I'm after brisbane area, do you have sponsorship for that area genorm?
Old Aug 6th 2015, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Normally, it is 3, but they MAY look at 2 years minimum Post Grad. It all depends on how short they are. What do you have?
Still training so at the moment, 0! But, I am hopefully moving my family over once qualified. I just didn't realise most places wanted minimum 2/3 years exp.

More time to save up I suppose, just concerned that my kids will be older.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bananamum
That's good then.
I'm after brisbane area, do you have sponsorship for that area genorm?
I'll be honest, it's always harder in Brisbane/Gold Coast because it's such a popular region.

I can find out though - do you have AHPRA already?
Old Aug 18th 2015, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

vetty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. I've just started researching the possibility of travelling and working in Australia next year. Perhaps working through an agency or short placements around the country. Very preliminary stage at present, just want to find out if I'm actually eligible to work, all the reading so far has just fried my brain!

I'm dual qualified. Diploma of higher education in adult nursing, qualified 8 years. Bsc Hons midwifery practice since March last year so nearly 18 months qualified (will be 2 years qualified when I'm thinking of going).

Would the fact I have a diploma rather than a degree in nursing exclude me from working as a nurse?
Will I have been qualified long enough as a midwife?
What evidence do AHPRA require to prove continuity of care?
During studies I completed a record of experience i.e 100 antenatal care episodes, 40 labour and personal deliveries, 100 postnatal and some special care. Reading the requirements this SEEMS to fulfil AHPRA's requirements of continuity, or is this just wishful thinking?!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

pixie3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I am a Midwife in UK and have been qualified for 3 years. My partner is a doctor and has moved to Oz already and I planned to join him. I have been in touch with the hospital he is based at and they have said they may be able to offer me a casual vacancy...which I presume is the equivalent to joining their bank. Does this count as Agency work? As I see from reading this thread that if my registration is accepted by AHPRA I will have the 'supervised' condition on it which would mean I couldn't work for an Agency.

If I spoke to the hospital and asked if they would still give me a casual vacancy with this condition, do you think that would be OK or would I need a permanent position?

P.S. I was planning to apply for a WHV.

Any advice appreciated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.